Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    its funny, they bash rush for his prescription drug misuse, but stay utterly silent on the president doing cocaine and who knows what else
    Yurt, if not for their double standards, liberals would have no standards at all

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    Oh, Jesus.....

Listen, friends, Rush Limbaugh is simply not important enough to cause this kind of reaction. Rush is a self-important blowhard who looks for any opportunity to inflate his own importance.

Rush isn't important. He's not significant. He functions as an affirmation of right wingers' fears and prejudices. In the larger scheme of things, though, he just doesn't matter. I guarantee you, Barack Obama doesn't concern himself with Limbaugh. Why would he? Limbaugh preaches to the right-wing choir. He's got his dedicated following, but that's about it. He has no influence beyond that narrow, right-wing core of followers.

I used to listen to Rush, from about '88 to '98, when I was a die-hard Republican, and I found him to be a great source of information and satire. But lately, when I've tried to listen to him, he just seems boring and tedious. He talks about himself as much as he talks about politics.

Although my politics have changed in the last 10 years, I think Rush has changed, also. He seems stale and repetitious. You can't keep doing what he's been doing for 20 years and not get bored with it. That was most likely one of the reasons why he got hooked on Oxycontin......boredom.
    GW, since your Great Savior took the time (in his first few days in office, no less) to warn us about Rush, you are saying that he hasn't the ability to judge what is important. That's a scary limitation for a prez to have.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    GW, since your Great Savior took the time (in his first few days in office, no less) to warn us about Rush, you are saying that he hasn't the ability to judge what is important. That's a scary limitation for a prez to have.
    Abbey, Democrats are showing their true colors. Libs talk about "bi-partisanship" just so long as that means that everyone agrees with them. They can not stand to read or hear a dissenting viewbecause it goes against their belief that they think they know what is best for everyone.

Did these same libs sepak out when Harry Reid, Al Gore, Hillary, and others called Pres Bush total failure?

Or when Dems called Pres Bush a liar on the floor of Congress?

No they did not since they were the ones doing the attacking

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    Why not just call it the "Stop Free Speech" campaign? They cannot let people dissent during the reign of the Great Unifier.
    Perhaps this will be this administration's official symbol:

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How the left wants to see Rush

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i'm interested in how much rush's listernship has gone up thanks to obammy
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    i'm interested in how much rush's listernship has gone up thanks to obammy
    Libs are more worried about Rush speaking out against Obama, then Little Adolf in Iran getting nukes

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

DCCC Chairman Chris Van Hollen Condemns Rush Limbaugh’s Comment Hoping President Obama Fails

DCCC Chairman Chris Van Hollen released the following statement in response to conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh's outrageous remark saying that he ‘hopes' President Obama fails.

"Rush Limbaugh's reprehensible remark that he ‘hopes' President Obama fails to meet the extraordinary economic challenges Americas face has no place in the public discourse.

"Mr. Limbaugh's comments politicize the economic struggle of millions of hard working Americans. With the unemployment rate over seven percent, today's news that 62,000 more Americans filed for unemployment benefits last week, and millions of Americans struggling to keep their health care and homes, all Americans, regardless of their ideology, hope that President Obama succeeds in getting people back to work and turning our economy around."

http://dccc.org/blog/archives/dccc_c..._hoping_presi/

Excuse me Mr Hollen, Rush's comment (which you took out of context) does belong in the public discourse - and the First Amendment says so

Dems are constantly trying to silence those who are pointing out how Dems are only going to make things worse with their insane spending

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I've been listening to Rush's program for over 14 years, almost every day. When I worked every day on golf courses around the world, he was a familiar voice that made me feel home(only an hour a day on the Armed Forces Network while in Puerto Rico).

At first, when I had no interest in politics and voted like my friends, my Dad told me about Rush's show and how he was so happy to hear someone on the radio that talked about politics and agreed with everything he believed in. I was on the road all day as an account rep in Colorado and out working on golf courses when I could put together 3-4 day weekends, I started tuning in to his show. I didn't like him, I didn't like his loud boisterous style and his hatred for the environment was a huge turn off. I told my Dad and he just laughed and said that I didn't get him. This was when George Bush senior was still President and I flipped off his motorcade because I figured that is what a good little anarchist would do, I was not an individual even though I thought I was(I voted for Michael Dukakis! This is the first time I've admitted it, oh the shame!).

The O.J. trial was starting and I would listen to a show that had an attorney for a host and was really interesting, Rush's show came on after that. Because I was in my truck driving all over Colorado, I got hooked to the radio and these shows, I started to understand who Rush was, his sense of humor and why his show was like it is. He also changed how I looked at politics, I became more interested and started paying more attention, I actually started watching C-SPAN. What I found out was that not only is Rush incredibly funny, he is right most of the time.

His knowledge and understanding of politics is well beyond that of any of the talking heads that anchor the news programs and I would also bet he knows more than most of the idiots in Congress. He certainly is sharper than the new President, this will be fun to watch and listen to. President B. Hussein has made another huge mistake by taking him on, he will not win this one. Rush has plenty of what Barry has very little of, common sense(Barry thought a window was a door at the White House), he would kick Osama's skinny ass in a debate any day.

Oh, as for the Oxy bullshit, these highly addictive drugs were prescribed by his doctors for severe back pain, the doctors didn't notice his addiction and because of this, he lost his hearing. He also was very public about his problem and did something about it, he is stronger now because of it. Leave it to liberals to throw it back in the face of people who admit their weaknesses and conquer them.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Dems are writing a new list of rules

Some of those now include

1) You will not ask questions of Pres Obama's policies

2) You will ignore right wing "talking points".

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    I voted for Michael Dukakis! This is the first time
    I've admitted it, oh the shame!).

Gulp. I still love you.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Gulp. I still love you.
    You are so kind to take pity on me........
    I still can't believe I admitted it. I had blocked it from my mind and it resurfaced when I was thinking what a dufuss I was when I was an ignorant liberal so many years ago. Luckily, I grew out of it, obviously many weren't so lucky.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

For the last almost nine years I've heard the left state that questioning authority and dissent are "patriotic".

Now that their guy Obama is in office, I don't see any liberals questioning his authority.

Now those same libs are in a tizzy when people like Rush, Sean, or anyone for that matter asks questions and disagrees with Obama

Is dissent still cool if the right uses it?

I suspect with the chnage in power, dissent now unpatriotic, it is also hateful and racist to the left

Ronald Reagan