Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Smile Nascar

Any nascar fans ? Any predictions ? Will Jimmy Johnson make history with 4 in a row, will Kyle Busch finally win a championship? It all starts in a week and a half, the Budweiser shootout is 2/7/09.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I think Jimmie, Edwards and Busch dominate again. Not sure if Jimmie can take a 4th or not, as everyone will be gunning for him, but I'll be rooting for him!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You might be a Redneck if......You watch NASCAR.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

love nascar.....johnson and his gang are just too good.....would like to see busch do well.....hope tony's new team doesn't suck....can't wait for the napa road race ...... one day i will make it to daytona....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I have no idea if Jimmie Johnson will win, but he sure is hot.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I must say it is easily the most boring sport I have ever watched. I normaly quite like American sports, and regularly say up late to watch live ice hockey, baseball, basketball and American football, but I just can't watch NASCAR, when a racer called Montoya (sp?) moved from F1 to NASCAR I tried to follow him, but it was not possible.

Please someone, what is entertaining about watching folk go round and round and round and round...
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I must say it is easily the most boring sport I have ever watched. I normaly quite like American sports, and regularly say up late to watch live ice hockey, baseball, basketball and American football, but I just can't watch NASCAR, when a racer called Montoya (sp?) moved from F1 to NASCAR I tried to follow him, but it was not possible.

Please someone, what is entertaining about watching folk go round and round and round and round...
    nascar is cricket without the tea breaks ....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    nascar is cricket without the tea breaks ....
    O.o

But cricket is unpredictable...I can't say the same about NASCAR, it's just round and round and...
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

O.o

But cricket is unpredictable...I can't say the same about NASCAR, it's just round and round and...
    Noir I felt the same way until I watched for a while, ever driver has a different personality , and as far as being unpredictable I don't think any other sport could be as unpredictable, with blown tires , engines , wrecks due to someone else s fault, I know it isn't for everybody, but it took me years before I thought it was anything much more than guys going around in a circle. If ya ever go to a race , now that is something altogether different, the excitement there is unreal. Well if ya can ever get over being bored ya might just like what ya see.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

NASCAR...= Go straight turn left, go straight turn left. Wow how impressive.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nascar is a bought and paid for by idiots sport. Have any of you visited your local short tracks?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? Here's one for you, jeff, the short track at Woodstock, Georgia!!!!!!!!!

Shane Clanton claims that at his local track. I've watched him many times in nationally competitive races and he shows well for his homeland!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Local short tracks is where Nascar came from and exactly where the future stars of Nascar will come. Support your local tracks as they are exactly where the roots you so earnestly seek are found and imbedded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I say 'shine, jeff, I ain't talkin' 'bout that cheapass North Georgia sugar whiskey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's strickly the genuine Corn variety in these whereabouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gulp, Holy Haysoos, that took my breath away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Nascar is a bought and paid for by idiots sport. Have any of you visited your local short tracks?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? Here's one for you, jeff, the short track at Woodstock, Georgia!!!!!!!!!

Shane Clanton claims that at his local track. I've watched him many times in nationally competitive races and he shows well for his homeland!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Local short tracks is where Nascar came from and exactly where the future stars of Nascar will come. Support your local tracks as they are exactly where the roots you so earnestly seek are found and imbedded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I say 'shine, jeff, I ain't talkin' 'bout that cheapass North Georgia sugar whiskey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's strickly the genuine Corn variety in these whereabouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gulp, Holy Haysoos, that took my breath away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
    LOL, I have had all kind of shine some good some not so good, as for short tracks I love them , I try and take the wife and kids at least a couple times a month, we usually go to Taccoa , or to the asphalt in lanier,A buddy of mine has been trying to get me to come to the Woodstock track for a while now , he moved to that side of GA and says it is great, but being a over the road trucker I usually don't have time , so I stay a bit more local, i like the dirt track's myself, and yes this is were allot of the nascar driver's start there careers , in fact the last time I saw Bill Elliot was in Jefferson he was there with his son, he is go carting right now, but I bet in the future you will see him on the big tracks , as for the cheap ass sugar whisky you refer to I bet if ya come up here to the local track I wouldn't have to twist your arm, lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I used to be a NASCAR fan but when they introduced the Lucky Dog rule along with the last 10 races only the top 10 in points are eligible for the championship, I lost interest.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    I used to be a NASCAR fan but when they introduced the Lucky Dog rule along with the last 10 races only the top 10 in points are eligible for the championship, I lost interest.

Immie
    Allot lost interest cause of that , but before they started it everyone was screaming they needed to do something else cause Gordon was winning all the time , Now they have the chase and the fans are screaming again they need to change cause Johnson is winning it, lol, but if they hadn't changed to the chase Gordon would of had 6 championships by now ( so it really hurt him) as for the lucky dog they say it was un safe to race back to the flag, hell at 200 mile a hour how safe is any of it ? lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Allot lost interest cause of that , but before they started it everyone was screaming they needed to do something else cause Gordon was winning all the time , Now they have the chase and the fans are screaming again they need to change cause Johnson is winning it, lol, but if they hadn't changed to the chase Gordon would of had 6 championships by now ( so it really hurt him) as for the lucky dog they say it was un safe to race back to the flag, hell at 200 mile a hour how safe is any of it ? lol
    I was a Gordon fan... now you know why I lost interest!

The Lucky Dog rule just takes a lot out of racing. Heck they might as well do like they do with Sprint cars. If there is an accident stop the race and then when everything is cleared up, wake the fans back up.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9