Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...daytona 500.....sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...daytona 500.....sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    Dang manu I was all geared up for the 500 and then was disapointed , any race ending in a rain out stinks, and the fact that Jr. can still get away with the shit he pulls on the track just made me feel like it was a wasted day. I mean yesterday in the Nation wide race Lefler ( I think ) did the same thing Jr. did and had to sit for 5 laps, nascar needs to get more uniform with there penalties

But on the other hand the season has started !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Dang manu I was all geared up for the 500 and then was disapointed , any race ending in a rain out stinks, and the fact that Jr. can still get away with the shit he pulls on the track just made me feel like it was a wasted day. I mean yesterday in the Nation wide race Lefler ( I think ) did the same thing Jr. did and had to sit for 5 laps, nascar needs to get more uniform with there penalties

But on the other hand the season has started !!!

that rain out totally sucked....not a junior fan but i hate blockers worse.....vickers deserved to be punted......

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

that rain out totally sucked....not a junior fan but i hate blockers worse.....vickers deserved to be punted......
    I agree but dis agree with nascar punishing one driver but not the other, ooo well you know it will all come out in the long run, oo and by the way I half ass like JR. just don't like to see anyone get away with BS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I was pissed when they called it a day. JJ just got the lucky dog and was returned to the lead lap. And while he was 31st, he had nearly 50 laps to move up through the field.

Junior
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree but dis agree with nascar punishing one driver but not the other, ooo well you know it will all come out in the long run, oo and by the way I half ass like JR. just don't like to see anyone get away with BS
    didn't see the other race......but i hate people that block.....vickers was about to get his doors blown off.....karma is a strange thing .... didn't vickers punt his own team mate last year in the same way ....

if you are going to block a guy going 10 miles per hour faster than you don't you expect to get hit.....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

didn't see the other race......but i hate people that block.....vickers was about to get his doors blown off.....karma is a strange thing .... didn't vickers punt his own team mate last year in the same way ....

if you are going to block a guy going 10 miles per hour faster than you don't you expect to get hit.....
    Hell manu 2 years ago ( Vickers only win )vickers wrecked Jimmy Johnson when JJ went to pass JR on the last lap at talladega and JR tried to block , JJ was still able to get around but Vickers ran into JJ and got him sideways and into JR , lol he wrecked his own team mate to get his 1 and only win.

Vickers in my eyes is a want to be driver and I don't care for the blocking either , but the blocking has been going on for a long time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hell manu 2 years ago ( Vickers only win )vickers wrecked Jimmy Johnson when JJ went to pass JR on the last lap at talladega and JR tried to block , JJ was still able to get around but Vickers ran into JJ and got him sideways and into JR , lol he wrecked his own team mate to get his 1 and only win.

Vickers in my eyes is a want to be driver and I don't care for the blocking either , but the blocking has been going on for a long time.
    that was a classic ...... i agree vickers is a wanabe ..... i hate to say this but i am becoming a kyle busch fan ..... can't wait for the sonoma race...

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

that was a classic ...... i agree vickers is a wanabe ..... i hate to say this but i am becoming a kyle busch fan ..... can't wait for the sonoma race...
    LOL I feel the same way about Kyle Busch, hell he is exciting to watch, he isnt afraid to try anything, I would say he will slow down after a bad wreck but he's been there done that, LOL, he will get a championship very soon I am sure.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Can someone please explain the appeal of car racing? Why are so many folks enthusiastic about watching cars drive in a circle for 2 or 3 hours at a time?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Can someone please explain the appeal of car racing? Why are so many folks enthusiastic about watching cars drive in a circle for 2 or 3 hours at a time?
    gab I use to feel just the way you do, then I watched it for a bit, it isn't just going in circles for 2 or 3 hrs it is going in circles at 190 plus MPH for 2 or 3 hrs it is changing 4 tires fueling up and making adjustments to the car in 14 seconds.

Then ya have all the diffrent personalities , some drivers will wreck ya to win, others will throw there car around at 190 mph to manuver around another.

Then there is actually going to a race , the atmosphere is unreal, movie stars , famous muscian 's , hell I went to ATL a couple yrs ago , the private jets never stopped coming in , they would land and then be shuttled by helicopter to get to the track.

Allot of ppl don't understand it gab but ever race draws the same attendance (if not more ) than the super bowl.

So give it a chance watch it a couple times it may grow on ya , but then again maybe it won't , you know diffrent strokes for diffrent folks .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The accidents, strategy and the last 100 yards.

The accidents can be really cool to watch unless someone gets hurt.

Believe it or not, racing is not just driving around in circles for three hours, there is a lot of strategy that goes into a race actually beginning even before the race begins with the set up of the cars and lasting all the way through the end of the race.

But the best part of any race is the last 100 yards when it is a close race! Nothing more exciting in sports, except football, than a photo finish at a NASCAR race.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Nascar is gonna take a big hit in Oregon. People won't be able to afford to watch it any more with the 1900% beer tax their legislature is proposing.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I watched the Daytona 500 once when I was in college. With a bunch of other people. Most were really excited about it, but I failed to grasp the appeal. Same with the Indy 500.
    I have had people tell me that they care more about specific drivers than the race itself. My uncle was a huge A.J. Foyt fan, because he was a proud native Texan.
    I might watch another race sometime.

I do love Danica Patrick though. Gotta love a flat chested celebrity. Makes me feel better about myself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I watched the Daytona 500 once when I was in college. With a bunch of other people. Most were really excited about it, but I failed to grasp the appeal. Same with the Indy 500.
    I have had people tell me that they care more about specific drivers than the race itself. My uncle was a huge A.J. Foyt fan, because he was a proud native Texan.
    I might watch another race sometime.

I do love Danica Patrick though. Gotta love a flat chested celebrity. Makes me feel better about myself.
    Something tells me you were not drinking enough beer when you watched the race. It helps.

I like to watch the start of the race, then lay down with a good book until I fall asleep and open an eye whenever the crowd noise goes up. You see all the good parts of the race, enjoy a good book and catch up on the missing zzzzzzzzzzzz's

Of course, if you fall to far asleep you may miss some of the good parts, but then, there is always SportsCenter after the race.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9