Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pink M&Ms

Have you noticed all the merchandise for breast cancer awareness? If not, you don't get out much! It far surpasses advertising for any other cause I can think of. M&Ms, jogging shoes, clothes, car magnets, cereal... there's even "Breast Cancer Awareness Month": October. I always noticed this and wondered if they put as much money into finding the cure as they did into advertising.

Well, this morning, reading the news, I came across this tidbit:
    http://www.citizenlink.org/CLBriefs/A000004246.cfm

What an unholy alliance! The Breast Cancer Foundation donates to America's number one abortion provider. Abortions, especially first trimester abortions, CAUSE breast cancer. Seems to me as if they aren't truly racing for the CURE; they are racing to line their pockets!

I stopped giving to cancer research long ago, when I found out that many cancer research organizations fund embryonic stem cell research. Besides being morally wrong, embryonic stem cell research has shown that these stems cells, once again, CAUSE cancerous growths when injected in test subjects. Why fund something that works directly against your objective?

I have lost faith in cancer research organizations. Either they are blinded by their ideology or they are just out for the money. I would love to see an org TRULY working to defeat this disease, and I believe that many of the scientists are trying. But I doubt that any money I would donate would go toward USEFUL research. Instead, it seems likely to be funneled toward goal-defeating enterprises.
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would this not more appropriately be addressed in the Lounge (if it hasn't already) or ar you really that gullible?

Quote Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
    Have you noticed all the merchandise for breast cancer awareness? If not, you don't get out much! It far surpasses advertising for any other cause I can think of. M&Ms, jogging shoes, clothes, car magnets, cereal... there's even "Breast Cancer Awareness Month": October. I always noticed this and wondered if they put as much money into finding the cure as they did into advertising.

Well, this morning, reading the news, I came across this tidbit:
    http://www.citizenlink.org/CLBriefs/A000004246.cfm

What an unholy alliance! The Breast Cancer Foundation donates to America's number one abortion provider. Abortions, especially first trimester abortions, CAUSE breast cancer. Seems to me as if they aren't truly racing for the CURE; they are racing to line their pockets!

I stopped giving to cancer research long ago, when I found out that many cancer research organizations fund embryonic stem cell research. Besides being morally wrong, embryonic stem cell research has shown that these stems cells, once again, CAUSE cancerous growths when injected in test subjects. Why fund something that works directly against your objective?

I have lost faith in cancer research organizations. Either they are blinded by their ideology or they are just out for the money. I would love to see an org TRULY working to defeat this disease, and I believe that many of the scientists are trying. But I doubt that any money I would donate would go toward USEFUL research. Instead, it seems likely to be funneled toward goal-defeating enterprises.
    Beats me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had not heard of that before, J, but I'll do my research now before I give to such organizations.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Abortions, especially first trimester abortions, CAUSE breast cancer"

No they do not. This is a myth, a lie.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    "Abortions, especially first trimester abortions, CAUSE breast cancer"

No they do not. This is a myth, a lie.
    If so, please refute the evidence at the following link:

http://www.abortionbreastcancer.com/abc.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post

After adjusting for known breast cancer risk factors, the researchers found that induced abortion(s) had no overall effect on the risk of breast cancer. The size of this study and the manner in which it was conducted provides substantial evidence that induced abortion does not affect a woman's risk of developing breast cancer.

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/co...ast_Cancer.asp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BTW, your "link" is very biased.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Would this not more appropriately be addressed in the Lounge (if it hasn't already) or ar you really that gullible?

Beats me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Beats you is right, who gives a shit? You can't even get the quote feature correct no matter how much I have tried to help your sorry ass, leave Nienna alone.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Really, every pro abortion site I have ever seen is biased, so what do you expect? Every Global Warming site is biased.....show me a truely unbiased site on anything.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Nienna, I decided the same thing a long time ago about major fundrasing orgs. They are generally bloated, and I don't trust their agendas. I'm not much into redundant animal torture, either. For me, though, it all started with seeing a a list of which groups the United Way actually supports.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After adjusting for known breast cancer risk factors, the researchers found that induced abortion(s) had no overall effect on the risk of breast cancer. The size of this study and the manner in which it was conducted provides substantial evidence that induced abortion does not affect a woman's risk of developing breast cancer.

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/co...ast_Cancer.asp
    The results of the study that you quote above were refuted by a member of the 2003 NCI conference that you linked to:

http://www.abortionbreastcancer.com/...port/index.htm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"link"? So... you don't believe it's a link?

Anyway...

Going to both sites, let me share what I see. Jeff's site names names and gives specific reference to studies. It actually backs up what it says.

Your site, like most things that lean to the left, is mostly general comments, assumptions, and thinly veiled accusations. To complete the National Enquirer-ish feel, it finally references a study... done four years ago... in Denmark.

BTW, when something doesn't fall in line with your agenda that doesn't mean it's "biased".
    "The most urgent problem today is how to limit and discourage the over-fertility of the mentally and physically defective. Possibly drastic and Spartan methods may be forced upon American society if it continues complacently to encourage the chance and chaotic breeding that has resulted from our stupid, cruel sentimentalism." - From The Pivot of Civilization by Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Really, every pro abortion site I have ever seen is biased, so what do you expect? Every Global Warming site is biased.....show me a truely unbiased site on anything.
    What are you talking about? The site referenced here is "anti-abortion". The site I referenced is "The American Cancer Society". Which one do you think would provide the best information on cancer?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The results of the study that you quote above were refuted by a member of the 2003 NCI conference that you linked to:

http://www.abortionbreastcancer.com/...port/index.htm
    Again, your "reference site" is an anti-abortion site. My site is the American Cancer Society. Your site says abortions cause cancer. Well, that is the puprose of your site, to scare people away from having abortions.

If we were to discuss, say, races and their equality and differences, would you expect me to believe a Nazi site or some scientific site?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What are you talking about? The site referenced here is "anti-abortion". The site I referenced is "The American Cancer Society". Which one do you think would provide the best information on cancer?
    Apparently you weren't paying attention to what started the thread.
    "The most urgent problem today is how to limit and discourage the over-fertility of the mentally and physically defective. Possibly drastic and Spartan methods may be forced upon American society if it continues complacently to encourage the chance and chaotic breeding that has resulted from our stupid, cruel sentimentalism." - From The Pivot of Civilization by Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood.