Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Radio Ad - Are You With Rush or Obama?

The left must be very scared of Rush Limbaugh if they have to go this far in an attempt to discredit him

Is the left so afraid the truth about the mega pork bill, and Pres Obama's liberalism that once people know about it - public opionion will go against them?

Are you with Obama or Rush?
    By JONATHAN MARTIN | 1/29/09 8:00 PM EST Updated: 1/30/09 4:37 AM EST

President Obama and a key outside ally are stepping up efforts to ensure passage of the massive economic stimulus package, reaching out to Congress with both carrots and sticks.

While the president and his top aides are using all the trappings of the office, courting members through phone calls, cocktail parties, West Wing sit-downs and even a politically mixed Super Bowl party, liberal groups are dispensing with the niceties and seeking to drive a wedge between Republicans and one of the right’s most influential leaders.

Politico has learned that tomorrow Americans United for Change, a liberal group, will begin airing radio ads in three states Obama won — Ohio, Pennsylvania and Nevada — with a tough question aimed at the GOP senators there: Will you side with Obama or Rush Limbaugh?

“Every Republican member of the House chose to take Rush Limbaugh’s advice,” says the narrator after playing the conservative talk radio giant’s declaration that he hopes Obama “fails.”

“Every Republican voted with Limbaugh — and against creating 4 million new American jobs. We can understand why a extreme partisan like Rush Limbaugh wants President Obama’s Jobs program to fail — but the members of Congress elected to represent the citizens in their districts? That’s another matter. Now the Obama plan goes to the Senate, and the question is: Will our Senator"—here the ad is tailored by state to name George Voinovich in Ohio, Arlen Specter in Pennsylvania, and John Ensign in Nevada—"side with Rush Limbaugh too?”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/18194.html

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

shucks what a tough choice:

Support Pork or dont.

Cant imagine what they will choose.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    shucks what a tough choice:

Support Pork or dont.

Cant imagine what they will choose.
    From the link

The House Republicans put their Senate colleagues in the crosshairs because they decided to play politics rather than do the right thing.”

No, it was the left that put them in the crosshairs.

The House Republicans voted according to their principals (FINALLY!)

Libs are the one running the attack ad. Question is will Republicans listen to their constituents, will they do what's right for tax payers, or will they listen to the mehga pork bill supporters

And at the same time, they use Rush - whi has been a thorn in their side for nearly 20 years

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Didn't the Left castigate Bush for saying, in effect, 'If you aren't for us, then you are for the enemy?' That's exactly what they're saying now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Didn't the Left castigate Bush for saying, in effect, 'If you aren't for us, then you are for the enemy?' That's exactly what they're saying now.
    Anyone remember this:

“I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you’re not patriotic, and we should stand up and say, “WE ARE AMERICANS AND WE HAVE A RIGHT TO DEBATE AND DISAGREE WITH ANY ADMINISTRATION!”

It was screamed by Hillary Clinton

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I am with Rush insofar as he has a right to exercise his freedom of speech. After that, I don't listen to the man. Never acquired a taste for his rants and musings.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I am with Rush insofar as he has a right to exercise his freedom of speech. After that, I don't listen to the man. Never acquired a taste for his rants and musings.
    If only those who constantly attack him would listen to his show - then they would know he does not sprew hate or racism

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    If only those who constantly attack him would listen to his show - then they would know he does not sprew hate or racism
    This, too, is true. It is easy to criticize someone when his or her words are taken out of context. Too often those on both sides of the political spectrum take a snippet of a speech or discussion and twist it to serve their own ends.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    This, too, is true. It is easy to criticize someone when his or her words are taken out of context. Too often those on both sides of the political spectrum take a snippet of a speech or discussion and twist it to serve their own ends.
    On that we agree

I find it sad, that the party that claims to support free speech now wants to censor a private citizen because they do not like what he says

I never heard Pres Bush tell people not to listen to Chris Matthews, or turn off Air America

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Radio Ad - Are You With Rush or Obama?
    Bush did the same thing..."if you aren't for us, you're against us"........different enemy of course........{dang it Jeff.....just got to post #4}
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 01-30-2009 at 02:17 PM.
    ...full immersion.....