Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Houston Texans

It's been a busy off season for the Texans:

We signed QB Matt Schaub from Atlanta, and dumped David Carr. I'm sure Carr will find a good home elsewhere in the NFL; unfortunately, I think he had become the scapegoat in Houston - not to mention, he was not a clubhouse leader. Schaub has leadership, but limited playing time.

We got rid of Domanick Davis (Williams) and signed Ahman Green. Another vital upgrade, since Davis didn't play in 2006, due to knee problems. Green is certainly a temporary solution, but we've also got Ron Dayne, giving us two decent RBs.

Houston's got three OTs to work with, so our biggest problem now is our secondary. I would love us to get LaRon Landry from LSU, but he'll likely be gone. So I hope we can pick up a good safety in free agency before the season starts. It's gonna be a great year to be a Texan fan!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post

We signed QB Matt Schaub from Atlanta, and dumped David Carr. I'm sure Carr will find a good home elsewhere in the NFL; unfortunately, I think he had become the scapegoat in Houston - not to mention, he was not a clubhouse leader. Schaub has leadership, but limited playing time.

We got rid of Domanick Davis (Williams) and signed Ahman Green. Another vital upgrade, since Davis didn't play in 2006, due to knee problems. Green is certainly a temporary solution, but we've also got Ron Dayne, giving us two decent RBs.

Houston's got three OTs to work with, so our biggest problem now is our secondary. I would love us to get LaRon Landry from LSU, but he'll likely be gone. So I hope we can pick up a good safety in free agency before the season starts. It's gonna be a great year to be a Texan fan!
    They have a chance, but they better get their O-line tooled up this year. Granted Green and Dayne provide a solid, smash-mouth running game, but they (just like the QB) need protection and enough performance from the O-line to find their holes.

I agree though, Carr had become the scapegoat and as such would be more of a detriment to the team than his talent deserves.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I still dont know why that dissed Carr like that. I hope Carr gets picked up by a decent team and shines. Do you realize how many scks this guy has?? 249 He has only been in the league for 3 full years!! Its terrible that the blame gets placed on him. Maybe if that team had an offensive line!

Quote Originally Posted by CockySOB View Post
    Granted Green and Dayne provide a solid, smash-mouth running game,
    That is FUNNY! Dayne sucks ass. He is a total flop in the NFL!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackass View Post
    I still dont know why that dissed Carr like that. I hope Carr gets picked up by a decent team and shines. Do you realize how many scks this guy has?? 249 He has only been in the league for 3 full years!! Its terrible that the blame gets placed on him. Maybe if that team had an offensive line!
    5 years, actually, and most of it behind a not-very-good O line. Kubiak, the new Texans head coach, is just starting to get the line put together.

That is FUNNY! Dayne sucks ass. He is a total flop in the NFL!
    Last year, he had a couple of good games. He wasn't consistent in Denver.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I would LOVE to see Carr back up Hasselbeck!
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Last year, he had a couple of good games. He wasn't consistent in Denver.
    Nor in NY!! He is a POS!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Only two months until training camps!