Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
And whose fault is that?

No true threat should be released. Hell, if need be do pschye evaluations on them even if it takes three to five years, but at least give them hope of actually attaining their freedom this side of eternity.

I don't think anyone who is a clear and present (or even future) danger to the U.S. should be released. I also do not believe that President Obama or our military leaders would release anyone that was perceived as being a danger.

What the President said in this case was that there is a possibility that down the road someone who was once held might turn against us. It is possible. Basically he was covering his ass. But I don't think we should hold everyone we capture simply because some of them might get pissed off at us in the future and attack us. Weight the possibility on an individual basis and then release those that are not threat while holding those who are or may be.

Immie
I have to agree with you here Immie, for these guys, we made all the bullshit they say about us over there real, so how hard would it be to convince them in the aftermath of that, that they need to get rid of all the Americans who are doing that to their fellow Iraqis?

If there are charges to be brought against these people, then bring them. Why are you afraid of justice, RSR? I'm not saying let terrorists run free, I'm saying that if we have them for no crimes at all, then we need to give it up and let them go. If they are terrorists, then we need to get the damn investigation done, and move along with the trials (They're only being halted at this point because of the sheer number of people who are being held without any formal, or even informal charges against them), so that justice can be done. Justice only occurs, though, when the people seeking justice act justly. Loopholes, and backtalk are not a part of that, and can never be made to be.