Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    So far mire then 50 (I think that is the number) of those poor innocent "freedom fighters" have returned to terrorist activities.

Bottom line is, like Dems will own the economy - Obama nd Dems will own those terrorists if they kill innocent people if they release them
    which administration released the ones who have gone back to terrorist activities?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moderate democrat View Post
    which administration released the ones who have gone back to terrorist activities?
    Obviously it was the Bush administration. That is what happens when the military tries to appease the bleeding heart left and ACLU

Tell me Virgil, how many spare rooms do you have? I am sure a loving and careing lib like you would have no objection to taking a few of these innocents into your home

Maybe our troops should no take anymore prisoners. That would solve the problem

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obviously it was the Bush administration. That is what happens when the military tries to appease the bleeding heart left and ACLU

Tell me Virgil, how many spare rooms do you have? I am sure a loving and careing lib like you would have no objection to taking a few of these innocents into your home

Maybe our troops should no take anymore prisoners. That would solve the problem
    Elmer:

I would love to see a quote from a Bush administration military leader who says that he released dangerous terrorists in order to appease the ACLU.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So far mire then 50 (I think that is the number) of those poor innocent "freedom fighters" have returned to terrorist activities
    Nothing new there. Most small time drug dealers sent to prison become hardened criminals upon release.

To carry the analogy, your solution seems to be we should thus lock up any minor criminal for life because of the crimes they may in the future commit?

You illustrate the very problem of Gitmo and why it should never have been established. Every one of those men there are now heroes to the cause of extremists. As I said before, Barney the Dinosaur could have gone there and become the new #2 reptile of an Al Qaeda cell anywhere in the world.

Its an ugly problem that there is no solution for. Killing them all might prevent a couple hundred men from returning to Al Qaeda, but would certainly inspire a couple thousand free ones who currently don't hate us to join the cause. Keeping them locked up forever isn't a solution either, although it seems some of you prefer this.
    Last edited by DannyR; 02-04-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What is going on in Obama's mind?

Is it on the job training?

Is it stupidity?

Is it a manchild in a mans body?
    no, it called intelilgence. He's right, we cannot abandon our ideals to fight these cowards, or else we prove ourselves no better, and we give them what they want. You've posted every little bit of this you can, and nothing's changed.

There's alot of Obama's choices I don't agree with, but this is one of the ones that I do. The only arguments for keeping gitmo open are either based in vengeance mentality, or else, they have been based on this idea that someone, because there's a loophole, it makes it okay. It doesn't.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    no, it called intelilgence. He's right, we cannot abandon our ideals to fight these cowards, or else we prove ourselves no better, and we give them what they want. You've posted every little bit of this you can, and nothing's changed.

There's alot of Obama's choices I don't agree with, but this is one of the ones that I do. The only arguments for keeping gitmo open are either based in vengeance mentality, or else, they have been based on this idea that someone, because there's a loophole, it makes it okay. It doesn't.
    and should one. or severa;, of the released terrorists kill innocent people what then?

Pres Obama can hold a press conference and brag how the deaths of innocent people is a small price to pay for America to keep it's "honor"

You do know the terrorists are laughing their asses off at Obama, and the people who support this. This is like a gift from Allah

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

rsr: Just curious, but what is YOUR solution to Gitmo? Kill them? Keep them locked up forever? I hear lots of critiques of Obama's plan, but no viable alternate solutions.

And no, the status quo hasn't made the USA any safer. Yes, these guys go out and possibly kill again. Our treatment of them has made them martyrs that are creating far more terrorists as a result.

This is like a gift from Allah
    Exactly. The terrorists win either way, because Bush totally bungled how he should have treated these guys from the start.
    Last edited by DannyR; 02-05-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    I agree, then again, why waste a bullet? Fly them to the country they were capture in and throw them out of the back of a C-130. They can fly to alla.
    Wouldn't the cost of the jet fuel be more than the cost of the bullet even at today's deflated fuel costs?

I'm definitely not advocating shooting them, but the cost of a bullet is minnimal compared to the cost of the fuel and the pilots' time to fly them over there.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obama wants to release detainees we know will harm American interests

Enough said
    That is not even close to what he said.

First, I don't believe he's talked about releasing anyone simply closing down the prison. Closing it down doesn't mean releasing the prisoners. They could end up on Alcatraz for all we know.

Second, he said he was concerned that there was a possibility that someone released would do harm to U.S. interests in the future. Do you know that there is a possibility that Jesus Christ will return at precisely midnight tonight Eastern Time.

I highly doubt that he will release ANYONE who the military believes is a credible threat. President Bush would not and did not. I don't believe President Obama will do anything remotely different than President Bush in this regard.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    I highly doubt that he will release ANYONE who the military believes is a credible threat.
    Problem is, every one of these guys is now a credible threat. They are all martyrs to the cause, and will be used as rallying points no matter how involved they were before they were actually captured.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Several hundred have been released, so that is somewhere in the neighborhood of a 20% recidivism rate.

This is not the prison system, this is war and that is unacceptable.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How do liberals view Iraq?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyR View Post
    Problem is, every one of these guys is now a credible threat. They are all martyrs to the cause, and will be used as rallying points no matter how involved they were before they were actually captured.
    And whose fault is that?

No true threat should be released. Hell, if need be do pschye evaluations on them even if it takes three to five years, but at least give them hope of actually attaining their freedom this side of eternity.

I don't think anyone who is a clear and present (or even future) danger to the U.S. should be released. I also do not believe that President Obama or our military leaders would release anyone that was perceived as being a danger.

What the President said in this case was that there is a possibility that down the road someone who was once held might turn against us. It is possible. Basically he was covering his ass. But I don't think we should hold everyone we capture simply because some of them might get pissed off at us in the future and attack us. Weight the possibility on an individual basis and then release those that are not threat while holding those who are or may be.

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    And whose fault is that?

No true threat should be released. Hell, if need be do pschye evaluations on them even if it takes three to five years, but at least give them hope of actually attaining their freedom this side of eternity.

I don't think anyone who is a clear and present (or even future) danger to the U.S. should be released. I also do not believe that President Obama or our military leaders would release anyone that was perceived as being a danger.

What the President said in this case was that there is a possibility that down the road someone who was once held might turn against us. It is possible. Basically he was covering his ass. But I don't think we should hold everyone we capture simply because some of them might get pissed off at us in the future and attack us. Weight the possibility on an individual basis and then release those that are not threat while holding those who are or may be.

Immie
    I have to agree with you here Immie, for these guys, we made all the bullshit they say about us over there real, so how hard would it be to convince them in the aftermath of that, that they need to get rid of all the Americans who are doing that to their fellow Iraqis?

If there are charges to be brought against these people, then bring them. Why are you afraid of justice, RSR? I'm not saying let terrorists run free, I'm saying that if we have them for no crimes at all, then we need to give it up and let them go. If they are terrorists, then we need to get the damn investigation done, and move along with the trials (They're only being halted at this point because of the sheer number of people who are being held without any formal, or even informal charges against them), so that justice can be done. Justice only occurs, though, when the people seeking justice act justly. Loopholes, and backtalk are not a part of that, and can never be made to be.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org