Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    I find it funny that you think it is disturbing for a girl to want a gun at age 9-10 yet you find humor in pedophilia!!! HMMMMM what is more disturbing here????????????
    That's cus there is a difference between real life and a joke, that is why one is called real life and the other is called a joke.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Words can be so much more than "just words", which was suggested here.
    As a woman and the mother of a daughter, I am grateful that there are still many men who believe there are boundaries that should never be crossed.

To LN's point: I agree with you in general about the objectifcation. I also think, though, that a good number of women act and dress in ways that encourage crude treatment. Not to mention what we see on TV.
    That all tends to ruin it for the rest of us who would like our daughters and ourselves to be treated decently.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

D: Now we know why God (and Jim) created IC.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    That's cus there is a difference between real life and a joke, that is why one is called real life and the other is called a joke.
    And why a joke is suppose to be funny.

There is nothing funny about sexually suggestive comments made to or toward minors by adults.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    And why a joke is suppose to be funny.

There is nothing funny about sexually suggestive comments made to or toward minors by adults.

A also guess there is nothing funny about racist jokes made to or toward a race by another race...or noting funny about sexist jokes made to or toward a sex by the other sex and so on...
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Tell you what little boy..... Your analogy doesn't hold water at all. YOUR joke or I should say DannyR's joke that you condoned was directed toward TWO REAL PEOPLE. So the joke was at the expense of a real viable living breathing human being so it impacts "real life", or do you disagree? Chalk it up to your being wrong and be done with it. Keep arguing and prove who is really the disturbed one here......
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nukeman, settle down a bit. The joke wasn't direct at the girls themselves and as far as I know this board isn't a family aimed site where minors should be hanging out. Rules specfically state: Debate Policy will remain an adult based forum.

Its certainly unacceptable to proposition or joke about sex it in front of actual minors. Just as its insensitive to tell black jokes in front of blacks, jewish jokes in front of jews, etc.

The one line comment was intended as an obvious outrage. Some people here feel it crossed a line, and I already apologized.

Different strokes for different folks. I've seen much worse comments made by comedians plenty of times. Just proves for any type of comment there is a specific place and locale. Implying anyone has low character or the like is uncalled for.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    Tell you what little boy..... Your analogy doesn't hold water at all. YOUR joke or I should say DannyR's joke that you condoned was directed toward TWO REAL PEOPLE. So the joke was at the expense of a real viable living breathing human being so it impacts "real life", or do you disagree? Chalk it up to your being wrong and be done with it. Keep arguing and prove who is really the disturbed one here......
    Lulz @ the 'little boy' comment.

So there is a problem with a joke as it is aimed at real people, but not if it is aimed at hypothectical (sp?) people? That's an odd way to look at it, but whatever floats your boat. I happen to think that a joke is a joke, and that's that, now if of wasn't a joke then there would be an issue, but it clearly was.

And don't stick a wee childish remark on the end about 'stop talkin and just say you are wrong' remember I am the little boy here, not you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A also guess there is nothing funny about racist jokes made to or toward a race by another race...or noting funny about sexist jokes made to or toward a sex by the other sex and so on...
    Ethnic, racial and sexual jokes between adults can all be funny in the right situation or not funny in the wrong situation. A sexual "joke" directed toward a minor between adults is inappropriate and not funny, unless I guess, those involved are sick f'ks. See the difference?

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A sexual "joke" directed toward a minor between adults is inappropriate and not funny, unless I guess, those involved are sick f'ks. See the difference?
    Do you classify anybody who enjoyed "American Pie" as sick f'ks? Part of the plot of that involves the comedy of a teenage boy doing Stifler's mom.

Part of the comedy of the movie "My Father the Hero", staring Gerard Depardieu and Katherine Heigl involves a misunderstanding about the relationship between the two.

I could go on and name other films that poke fun...

If you don't like such comedy, thats your choice. To classify everyone who might enjoy a tasteless joke as a sick f'k is silly.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Ethnic, racial and sexual jokes between adults can all be funny in the right situation or not funny in the wrong situation. A sexual "joke" directed toward a minor between adults is inappropriate and not funny, unless I guess, those involved are sick f'ks. See the difference?
    Indeed, and some would say that all jokes about race are only funny between racist f'ks ect and so on.

I.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Indeed, and some would say that all jokes about race are only funny between racist f'ks ect and so on.

I.
    You haven't been around much have ya?

Above the Best

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

You haven't been around much have ya?

Nope, I'm only a little boy ya know, what have I missed?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nope, I'm only a little boy ya know, what have I missed?
    Commons sense, maturity, experience and judgment to start.

With time you'll be ok. Maybe.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I.
    I don't like racist jokes, pedophile jokes, age jokes, most ethnic jokes-unless they're aimed at Irish and well intentioned.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill