Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Pelosi's mouse slated for $30M slice of cheese

It is sad to see the Dems, some RINO's, and the liberal media actually try to sell this mego pork bill as a savior of the economy

Some people actually think projects like this will jolt the economy back on its feet

Pelosi's mouse slated for $30M slice of cheese

Talk about a pet project. A tiny mouse with the longtime backing of a political giant may soon reap the benefits of the economic stimulus package.

Lawmakers and administration officials divulged Wednesday that the $789 billion economic stimulus bill being finalized behind closed doors in Congress includes $30 million for wetlands restoration that the Obama administration intends to spend in the San Francisco Bay Area to protect, among other things, the endangered salt marsh harvest mouse.

The revelation immediately became a political football, as Republicans accused Democrats of reneging on a promise to keep so-called earmarks that fund lawmakers' favorite projects out of the legislation. Democrats, including Mrs. Pelosi, countered that the accusations were fabricated.

Politics aside, the episode demonstrates that no matter how hard lawmakers argue that they technically lived up to their pledge to keep specific projects from being listed in the bill, there is little stopping the federal money from going to those projects after the legislation passes and federal and state agencies begin deciding where to spend their newfound dollars.

Programs for sexually transmitted diseases, smoking prevention, a clean-burning power plant and a computer center also appear ready to get infusions of money once the bill becomes law, congressional offices told The Washington Times.

"One of the proudest boasts of Democrats supporting their trillion-dollar spending plan is that it doesn't contain earmarks. But it seems like powerful Democrats will still find a way to bring home the bacon," said a frustrated Michael Steel, spokesman for House Republican Leader John A. Boehner of Ohio who took direct aim at the mouse.

"This certainly doesn't sound like it will create or save American jobs," Mr. Steel said. "So can Speaker Pelosi explain exactly how we will improve the American economy by helping the adorable little" critter?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-mouse-cookie/

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is simply a flame thread and shoud be removed or at least the original poster should be removed from additional participation, IMHO. On the other hand, opinions are like assholes and it is evident that everyone has one!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Do you have anything to add to the topic, PB, or are you simply trying to increase your post count?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

However you slice the pork, Dems are spreading the wealth around

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The kind of 'project' described in the op sounds suspiciously like an 'earmark', something that was supposedly absent from this 'stimulus' bill. Many of us will probably be wishing we were a mouse in Pelosi's neck of the woods, before the stimulus 'works it's magic.' Sigh.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    The kind of 'project' described in the op sounds suspiciously like an 'earmark', something that was supposedly absent from this 'stimulus' bill. Many of us will probably be wishing we were a mouse in Pelosi's neck of the woods, before the stimulus 'works it's magic.' Sigh.
    And while Obama, and the Dems, are giving stuff away; I would like a new car, bills paid, a new job taking 100,000,000 a month, oh cannot forget FREE healthcare and someone to go to work for me.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was correct in my original post in this thread. rsr is a flamethrower and you folks accept that. His neg reps indicate also that he is very much a coward and unable to substantiate his claims.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    I was correct in my original post in this thread. rsr is a flamethrower and you folks accept that. His neg reps indicate also that he is very much a coward and unable to substantiate his claims.

Psychoblues
    PB, the original post was regarding funding provided for in the bailout, that it was 'spun'? Sure, but that is what debate is about.

If you have a problem with moderating, pm Jim. You cannot dictate moderation on the board. I'm trying NOT to act, please heed the advice.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Awww, so cute. The little guy in worth $30 million isn't he?

Be nice to mice!!

Mice are people too!!

Hope! Change!!

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I get you loud and clear, Kat. I have pm'ed jim, the OP here is just political flaming and I don't apologize for a damned thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    PB, the original post was regarding funding provided for in the bailout, that it was 'spun'? Sure, but that is what debate is about.

If you have a problem with moderating, pm Jim. You cannot dictate moderation on the board. I'm trying NOT to act, please heed the advice.
    I do not have a problem with any moderating here but if you have new policies I would appreciate a notice before drastic measures are taken. Know what I mean?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? You do our guests and our members no favors when your obvious policy is making examples of certain ones while totally ignoring those that violate repeatedly and even more vociferously than those you make examples of.

I will not forget this conversation, Kat, and I will not forget to remind you all each time I see infractions on your now clearly demonstrated policy of banning from threads and even the board of offenders of your demonstrated yet not written rules. As you know, Kat, even though I am certainly guilty of infractions in the past I have given great deference to you, the board and others in keeping with what I have understood the parameters to be and represent.

This is not a complaint of what any moderator has done but a recognition of what is now acceptable in this venue. I hope you understand that.

Up for a java?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So taxpayers will pay $30 million dollars to save a mouse?

Think about all the people whose lives could have been positively impacted by using the $30 million to create jobs, or cut their taxes

Its apparent that endangered vermin means more to Ms. Pelosi than actual human beings

Remember, both Pres Obama, and Ms Pelosi have told us over and over there is no pork in this bill

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're such a silly goose, rsr!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    So taxpayers will pay $30 million dollars to save a mouse?

Think about all the people whose lives could have been positively impacted by using the $30 million to create jobs, or cut their taxes

Its apparent that endangered vermin means more to Ms. Pelosi than actual human beings

Remember, both Pres Obama, and Ms Pelosi have told us over and over there is no pork in this bill

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

eyaaaaaaaah!!!

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You demonstrate a sillyness beyond that of a goose, rsr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post

eyaaaaaaaah!!!
    Have you nothing of a serious nature to represent?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    You demonstrate a sillyness beyond that of a goose, rsr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you nothing of a serious nature to represent?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

Psychoblues
    Oh I have, I am waiting for you to add to the debate

$30 million would buy a lot of cheese.

Why do liberals just throw money away instead of using it where it can produce a return?

Ronald Reagan