Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

K guys after reading a lil of your conversations and skimmin through the rest i figured id clear up some of your confusion. Tesla did not crete the incandescent light bulb. Edison is credited with the incandescent light bulb, however The glory should belong to Henry Woodward and Mathew Evans, pals in Toronto in the 1870s.

Tesla arrived in New York City at the age of twenty-eight with very little money and a letter of introduction from one of Edison’s business associates in Europe. Edison immediately hired Tesla to make improvements on his DC generation plants. Tesla said that Edison offered him $50,000 if he was successful, maybe because edison believed it was impossible, but Tesla was a broke immigrant and agreed to help at the thought of so much money. Several months after Tesla announced to Edison he was finished. Edison explained that the bid of $50,000 had been made as a joke. "When you become a full-fledged American you will appreciate an American joke," Edison said. Tesla immediately resigned.

Edison was not interested in AC current and Tesla did not take much interest in DC. Edison was set on making DC the way to go and he beleived AC was alot more dangerous this could have had a lil to do with his dislike for Tesla. but i beleive he shocked that elephant out of jealousy. He said he shocked it to show how dangerous AC current was. HE could have used something smaller like amouse however this would not have proved hipoint it would not take nearly as much to fry a mouse than it would have to fry a mighty animal such as an elephant it added to his side by using such a large animal.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 04-28-2009 at 05:00 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sam920225 View Post
    SIZE="4"]K guys after reading a lil of your conversations and skimmin through the rest i figured id clear up some of your confusion. Tesla did not crete the incandescent light bulb. Edison is credited with the incandescent light bulb, however The glory should belong to Henry Woodward and Mathew Evans, pals in Toronto in the 1870s.

Tesla arrived in New York City at the age of twenty-eight with very little money and a letter of introduction from one of Edison’s business associates in Europe. Edison immediately hired Tesla to make improvements on his DC generation plants. Tesla said that Edison offered him $50,000 if he was successful, maybe because edison believed it was impossible, but Tesla was a broke immigrant and agreed to help at the thought of so much money. Several months after Tesla announced to Edison he was finished. Edison explained that the bid of $50,000 had been made as a joke. "When you become a full-fledged American you will appreciate an American joke," Edison said. Tesla immediately resigned.

Edison was not interested in AC current and Tesla did not take much interest in DC. Edison was set on making DC the way to go and he beleived AC was alot more dangerous this could have had a lil to do with his dislike for Tesla. but i beleive he shocked that elephant out of jealousy. He said he shocked it to show how dangerous AC current was. HE could have used something smaller like amouse however this would not have proved hipoint it would not take nearly as much to fry a mouse than it would have to fry a mighty animal such as an elephant it added to his side by using such a large animal.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

And your point is.......................
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post
    And your point is.......................
    He's really really smart...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    He's really really smart...
    Nahhh...a student, wants to impress first shot outta the barrel...Impressed? Not me.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've read what he wrote somewhere. He copied it word ver batim. I believe you are dead right. Student.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I've read what he wrote somewhere. He copied it word ver batim. I believe you are dead right. Student.
    Yep, copy & paste from one of my links. LOL! Plagarism, in large font & bolded. Couldn't even get that right, had to edit so the full effect could be detected.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 04-28-2009 at 05:03 AM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Yep, copy & paste from one of my links. LOL! Plagarism, in large font & bolded. Couldn't even get that right, had to edit so the full effect could be detected.

(Emmett says with strong southern drawl)

Why Miss Katha....I do beleeve you arrre correcT my deeer!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Kathianne, which link?
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Funny....the only post the guy ever posted too. Hmmm... comes on, does a copy and paste on my thread, splits! (Emmett scratches head)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    Kathianne, which link?
    As I said, one of the earlier ones. He went, c & p, then bolted.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obviously you have something to say, emmie!!!!!!!!!!! You'er killing me with pm's, warnings, and irrelavant posts. If you have any discussion please put it forth, my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr. Tesla can teach both of us, don't you know?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!??

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Obviously you have something to say, emmie!!!!!!!!!!! You'er killing me with pm's, warnings, and irrelavant posts. If you have any discussion please put it forth, my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr. Tesla can teach both of us, don't you know?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!??

Psychoblues

You PMed me first ace and yes I am sure we could have learned much from Mr. Tesla. He was radical enough and intelligent enough of a pioneer to capture the fascination of either you or I. I'm sure we both agree on that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Absolutely not, emmie. I did not PM you first but you obviously have something to say.

You PMed me first ace and yes I am sure we could have learned much from Mr. Tesla. He was radical enough and intelligent enough of a pioneer to capture the fascination of either you or I. I'm sure we both agree on that.
    But, if lying about who did what and when is your game then poor ol' Nikoli doesn't have a prayers chance in hell.

Carry on, cowgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Absolutely not, emmie. I did not PM you first but you obviously have something to say.

But, if lying about who did what and when is your game then poor ol' Nikoli doesn't have a prayers chance in hell.

Carry on, cowgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Back at you, cowgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues