Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default LOL @ Unions who'll be pissed at this news: Wal-Mart Increases Employee Bonuses

I wonder who many Union-workers at competing stores are getting these same sort of bonuses?

[I]At a time when companies are cutting costs and jobs to tackle the economic downturn, global retail chain major Wal-Mart has doled out $933.6 million in bonuses to its workers.

"Wal-Mart Stores Inc handed out $933.6 million in bonuses to its rank-and-file US workers on Thursday, an increase of 46.7 per cent compared to last year," the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) said in a report published online.

http://www.business-standard.com/ind...eport/57051/on
    Last edited by Kathianne; 03-21-2009 at 03:24 AM. Reason: copyright

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How long before Congress attacks these bonuses???

I mean all bonuses are bad. Therefore I wonder if Congress will want to hit them up with a 90% tax as well.

With the Democrats hot and heavy to pass card check, I also wonder how much longer they will last. I am sure that the biggest reason for card check is so that the unions can there dirty little hands into WalMart and make it raise its prices.

dmk
    Conservatism, I repeat is not an ideology. It does not breed fanatics....But if you want men who seek, reasonably and prudently, to reconcile the best in wisdom of our ancestors with the change which is essential to a vigorous civil social existence, then you will do well to turn to conservative principles-Russell Kirk-