204 Post(s)

Default All May Not Be Lost

Interesting piece I ran into while looking for something else:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

DNC raises only $3.2 million in February

Mar 20 06:38 PM US/Eastern
    By LIZ SIDOTI
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Democratic National Committee raised $3.2 million in February, a strikingly low take for a financial juggernaut led by President Barack Obama and his legions of grass-roots supporters who helped him shatter campaign fundraising records.
    Even the committee's Republican counterpart raised more—$5.1 million—last month and did so under more difficult circumstances. The GOP was coming off of a disastrous election in which it lost the White House and saw its numbers in Congress shrink further. New GOP chairman Michael Steele also had a rocky start....
    It may well be that people ARE getting it. Bully's been disappointed a bit, but he's more 'moderate liberal' than far left. I think there is disillusionment by many moderates and independents in what Obama HAS achieved in the past 8 weeks or so...

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Interesting piece I ran into while looking for something else:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

It may well be that people ARE getting it. Bully's been disappointed a bit, but he's more 'moderate liberal' than far left. I think there is disillusionment by many moderates and independents in what Obama HAS achieved in the past 8 weeks or so...
    I think folks are seeing reality and you are correct.

I'll say this, I've NEVER seen such a turn of opinion in a Pres in such a short period of time in my entire life. At some point awhile ago I mentioned a 4 yr lame duck..that's what I saw coming..we'll see, IMO it's up to Congress now.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't see any of the problems you mention or believe to be. I think he's done terrific considering what he was handed.
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    I don't see any of the problems you mention or believe to be. I think he's done terrific considering what he was handed.
    ???....he took what he was handed and handed it to folks who made it worse while he practiced his bowling.....even CNN was questioning his "success" tonight.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    he wasn't handed anything....he took office willingly and has made it worse

if he didn't want it, he didn't have to take anything
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now those are interesting numbers. Maybe they think the Celebrity in Chief will carry them for the next 8 years...
    All that we are is a result of what we have thought, with our thoughts we make our world. - The Buddha

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I think folks are seeing reality and you are correct.

I'll say this, I've NEVER seen such a turn of opinion in a Pres in such a short period of time in my entire life. At some point awhile ago I mentioned a 4 yr lame duck..that's what I saw coming..we'll see, IMO it's up to Congress now.

The turn about happened so quickly because people perceived changes would be made the instant Obama took oath. When in fact, change takes time and comes in bits and pieces.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    The turn about happened so quickly because people perceived changes would be made the instant Obama took oath. When in fact, change takes time and comes in bits and pieces.
    Actually he brought change and shoved it through very quickly. He has outspent 8 years of Bush in less than 8 weeks, not including the $350 billion that Bush gave him. That is what people are seeing.

It's not ok financially for you to use your VISA to pay your Mastercard. Why is it ok for the government? Many are getting it, as well as the fact that so far there was obvious collusion about the AIG bailouts; lying to the people about it; laundering money through there to pay for other banks tanking; and trying to take money from the vets regarding insurance. All in just 8 weeks.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually he brought change and shoved it through very quickly. He has outspent 8 years of Bush in less than 8 weeks, not including the $350 billion that Bush gave him. That is what people are seeing.

It's not ok financially for you to use your VISA to pay your Mastercard. Why is it ok for the government? Many are getting it, as well as the fact that so far there was obvious collusion about the AIG bailouts; lying to the people about it; laundering money through there to pay for other banks tanking; and trying to take money from the vets regarding insurance. All in just 8 weeks.
    Instead of change, we get simply the buttressing of the system that brought the problems to begin with, with a bit of nationalizing banks in the bargain.

The fans of the Celebrity in Chief are people taken in by smoke and mirrors who refuse to think and will not realize that even if this works it will only serve to build another credit bubble for our future, one that will be increased and far worse.

This is what you get when the politician is unimaginative and restricts themselves to populist ideas that they call "change". This isn't change, it is stuck on stupid.
    All that we are is a result of what we have thought, with our thoughts we make our world. - The Buddha

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by No1tovote4 View Post
    Instead of change, we get simply the buttressing of the system that brought the problems to begin with, with a bit of nationalizing banks in the bargain.

The fans of the Celebrity in Chief are people taken in by smoke and mirrors who refuse to think and will not realize that even if this works it will only serve to build another credit bubble for our future, one that will be increased and far worse.

This is what you get when the politician is unimaginative and restricts themselves to populist ideas that they call "change". This isn't change, it is stuck on stupid.
    I agree. Someone said on your site that they think things are 'slow' because of the news cycle. I don't know about you, but I've never been reading so much, that's so important, ever. From Iran to North Korea, from Washington DC, to Washington State. From banking to insurance to school funding...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree. Someone said on your site that they think things are 'slow' because of the news cycle. I don't know about you, but I've never been reading so much, that's so important, ever. From Iran to North Korea, from Washington DC, to Washington State. From banking to insurance to school funding...
    They don't want to draw attention to the "Shock and Awe" plan of Obama's first 60 days so far.

He is throwing as much as he can down now, before the Rs can build a strong outlet to get information out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by No1tovote4 View Post
    They don't want to draw attention to the "Shock and Awe" plan of Obama's first 60 days so far.

He is throwing as much as he can down now, before the Rs can build a strong outlet to get information out.
    I'm hoping the CBO report is going to put some brakes on his plans.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, but I think people don't actually see the changes as yet because it's too early. He is rushing thru to get things done, but to actually SEE and FEEl the changes will take some time.

And with the amount of money he is going through we'll be in the poorhouse that much faster.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    Yep, but I think people don't actually see the changes as yet because it's too early. He is rushing thru to get things done, but to actually SEE and FEEl the changes will take some time.

And with the amount of money he is going through we'll be in the poorhouse that much faster.
    Oh getting done what he's gotten done is change, not all change is for the good. In fact I'd say what he's done is a catastrophe, but that was the change he intended.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am happy with most of Obamas work to date. I have lived through Raggoon and Bushed. So far this ain't bad. Then again I have not had real work in a year or so and am giving up my house I still feel better knowing a republican is not in charge!
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.