Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Free money sparks road chaos

LOL!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7955984.stm

Two suspected drug dealers caused chaos on a California interstate by throwing thousands of dollars from their pickup truck as police gave chase.
    Other motorists took their lives in their hands to chase the $20 and $100 bills on Interstate 5, near San Diego.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think thats more a sad commentary on our society than funny... maybe its just me.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

you know....when I read the title, I thought this thread was going to be about the stimulus package and fixing roads.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd probably get out and grab the money too. Its drug money. Up for grabs until the government seizes it. Why should the police get all the loot?

After all, isn't it a conservative viewpoint that the average citizen can make better use of a dollar than any government agency?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought the same thing PMP.

I didn't read the article... did the ploy work? Did the drug dealers get away or did they simply give money to the lucky citizens driving down Interstate 5 and still get caught.

My guess is that they got caught or will very shortly.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    I thought the same thing PMP.

I didn't read the article... did the ploy work? Did the drug dealers get away or did they simply give money to the lucky citizens driving down Interstate 5 and still get caught.

My guess is that they got caught or will very shortly.

Immie
    I wondered too, you were correct:

http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/news_...&lang=eng_news

Suspects throw cash onto US roads during chase
    Associated Press
    2009-03-20 02:08 PM

San Diego police say some narcotics suspects led officers on a wild chase, throwing cash out of their truck's windows as passers-by ran onto the roadways to grab the bills.

Police say the pursuit began Thursday on southbound State Route 15. The driver took officers on a circuitous route over several streets and freeways, eventually getting onto Interstate 5.

At several points during the pursuit, the suspects flung cash out of the truck's windows, prompting passers-by to run onto the roadways to grab the money.

The driver finally stopped in the middle of the highway and the suspects were arrested. It was not clear how many were in the truck.

Officers retraced the route, trying to collect the scattered money.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kathianne,

Only the very, very lucky escape being chased by the police in a high speed pursuit and I doubt it happens at all if it is an all out pursuit that has gotten fully underway. The fleeing felon might get away if he/she gets lucky (like a freight train gets between him and the cop) early in a chase before other police vehicles join the chase, but once a full pursuit has begun the felon is only playing a one-sided game of Russian Roulette by continuing to run. Sooner or later either they are going to catch you or the grim reaper will.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9