Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default State considers ban on big screen TVs

welcome to Kali-fornia.

March 23rd, 2009, 3:00 am · 80 Comments · posted by BRIAN JOSEPH, Sacramento Correspondent
    In their continuing quest to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, state regulators have uncovered a new villain in the war on global warming : your big screen TV

Couch potatoes, beware.

The California Energy Commission is considering a proposal that would ban California retailers from selling all but the most energy-efficient televisions. Critics say the news standards could take 25 percent of televisions off the market — most of them 40 inches or larger.

“The larger the television, the more at risk it is of being banned unnecessarily in California,” said Douglas Johnson, senior director of technology police for the Consumer Electronics Association.

Association officials say the standards are not only unnecessary – because the federal government already regulates energy efficiency through the voluntary Energy Star program — but also ill-timed. The last thing our economy needs now is products taken off the market, they say.

Furthermore, they say that with a weak economy, consumers are going out less and watching TV more.

“This is really about regulating entertainment, not energy use,” Johnson said.

Poppycock, says the commission.

Affordable big screen TVs will still be available under the new standards, spokesman Adam Gottlieb said. In fact, he said the regulations will save you money.

The commission calculates that if you buy televisions meeting the proposed standards it’ll cut your annual energy use by — drum roll, please — $18 to $30.

“I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like to save money,” Gottlieb said.

read the rest and comments.
    http://taxdollars.freedomblogging.co...een-tvs/12993/
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the idea! Save some energy and keep those cons off the couch!
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    welcome to Kali-fornia.

March 23rd, 2009, 3:00 am · 80 Comments · posted by BRIAN JOSEPH, Sacramento Correspondent
    In their continuing quest to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, state regulators have uncovered a new villain in the war on global warming : your big screen TV

Couch potatoes, beware.

The California Energy Commission is considering a proposal that would ban California retailers from selling all but the most energy-efficient televisions. Critics say the news standards could take 25 percent of televisions off the market — most of them 40 inches or larger.

“The larger the television, the more at risk it is of being banned unnecessarily in California,” said Douglas Johnson, senior director of technology police for the Consumer Electronics Association.

Association officials say the standards are not only unnecessary – because the federal government already regulates energy efficiency through the voluntary Energy Star program — but also ill-timed. The last thing our economy needs now is products taken off the market, they say.

Furthermore, they say that with a weak economy, consumers are going out less and watching TV more.

“This is really about regulating entertainment, not energy use,” Johnson said.

Poppycock, says the commission.

Affordable big screen TVs will still be available under the new standards, spokesman Adam Gottlieb said. In fact, he said the regulations will save you money.

The commission calculates that if you buy televisions meeting the proposed standards it’ll cut your annual energy use by — drum roll, please — $18 to $30.

“I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like to save money,” Gottlieb said.

read the rest and comments.
    http://taxdollars.freedomblogging.co...een-tvs/12993/
    After they tack on an extra $1,000 to the cost of these Kalifornya Specials, the consumers lose again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    After they tack on an extra $1,000 to the cost of these Kalifornya Specials, the consumers lose again.
    Why would anyone want a giant TV? My 19 inch cathode ray is great! And when I push the button it turns ALL the electricity off.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    Why would anyone want a giant TV? My 19 inch cathode ray is great! And when I push the button it turns ALL the electricity off.
    What the heck is with you totalitarians who think that just because you are satisfied with something everyone should be?

This is the United States of America. We have the right to choose our own lives. We dont want to be cardboard cut outs of you. Most of us would rather die.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    What the heck is with you totalitarians who think that just because you are satisfied with something everyone should be?

This is the United States of America. We have the right to choose our own lives. We dont want to be cardboard cut outs of you. Most of us would rather die.

The most succinct argument against prosletyzing I've ever read!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can have my 42 in HDTV when you have the balls to step into my house and take it. Be forewarned I am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and believe that if you do not have permission to enter my home you are tresspassing and I reserve the right to shoot first and ask question second when you enter my home uninvited.

I love my 42 inch, when watching the Steelers kick B-more all over the field. I love it when I watch my NASCAR, and I love it when playong WII.

I would rather pay $30 more a year to keep it, and is that not my right. I remember that the left loves that slogan My right to choose. Well I choose my 42 inch. One day I hope to upgrade to that 61 inch!!

dmk
    Conservatism, I repeat is not an ideology. It does not breed fanatics....But if you want men who seek, reasonably and prudently, to reconcile the best in wisdom of our ancestors with the change which is essential to a vigorous civil social existence, then you will do well to turn to conservative principles-Russell Kirk-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post

Then die!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well my friend, you must fly http://www.flicklife.com/ada47ae5bca..._Airlines.html

Quote Originally Posted by sgtdmski View Post
    You can have my 42 in HDTV when you have the balls to step into my house and take it. Be forewarned I am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and believe that if you do not have permission to enter my home you are tresspassing and I reserve the right to shoot first and ask question second when you enter my home uninvited.

I love my 42 inch, when watching the Steelers kick B-more all over the field. I love it when I watch my NASCAR, and I love it when playong WII.

I would rather pay $30 more a year to keep it, and is that not my right. I remember that the left loves that slogan My right to choose. Well I choose my 42 inch. One day I hope to upgrade to that 61 inch!!

dmk
    I Believe in love, personal liberty, and less government/more non profits

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Then die!
    Maybe in about 80 years. so till then you wont have control over this country.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

MY 50 inch plasma is great also, and this is America, I worked for it I own it so why should anyone have the right to tell me I can't have it ? California has some weird laws, my boss is talking about not even going out there any more cause of all the B.S. law .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    Nope!!! I live in Alaska, I am stuck with Alaska Airlines which flies in weather that most airlines would have their planes still in the hangars. Either that or I fly a float plane with dock to dock service. No baggage check, no lines, no waiting. Take off on the water, land on the water, get off on the dock.

dmk
    Conservatism, I repeat is not an ideology. It does not breed fanatics....But if you want men who seek, reasonably and prudently, to reconcile the best in wisdom of our ancestors with the change which is essential to a vigorous civil social existence, then you will do well to turn to conservative principles-Russell Kirk-