Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ford, GM to cover car payments if buyer loses job

what?

By KIMBERLY S. JOHNSON, AP Auto Writer Kimberly S. Johnson, Ap Auto Writer – 1 hr 43 mins ago
    DETROIT – Opening Day came early for employees Tuesday at Jack Kain's Ford, Lincoln, Mercury dealership, when Ford Motor Co. announced a new program that would help buyers in the event of a job loss.

"When I read it to our sales people, you would have thought we just knocked a home run," said Jack Kain, a dealer in Versailles, Ky. "We've been waiting for this for a long time."

Weighed down by the lowest sales levels in 27 years and consumer confidence at historic lows, Ford and General Motors Corp. announced two programs that would cover buyers' monthly car payments in the event they lose their jobs. All automakers report sales figures for March on Wednesday, which are expected to be just as dismal as February, when companies sold about 688,909 cars.

"It really attacks one of the key challenges in the market right now, and that's confidence in the consumer's ability to make their car payment," said Tim Longnecker, automotive industry executive for Acxiom Automotive, a marketing consulting firm. "I think they're good programs and I think they will spur demand."

The announcements come a day after President Barack Obama said the government will back new car warranties issued by GM and Chrysler LLC, who have accepted federal assistance and are seeking more, to help boost consumer confidence about buying their vehicles.

read the rest here..
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090331/...d_car_payments
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

You mean GM a bankrupt company is going to be able to pay my car loan????????? Please tell me how that is even going to be possible........
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    You mean GM a bankrupt company is going to be able to pay my car loan????????? Please tell me how that is even going to be possible........
    see how well the us government runs a company......they are going to give gm money to build cars then have them sell them to people that can't afford them then pay for them when they can't pay for them.....

all by taxing the rich.....

hey wait a second.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    see how well the us government runs a company......they are going to give gm money to build cars then have them sell them to people that can't afford them then pay for them when they can't pay for them.....

all by taxing the rich.....

hey wait a second.....
    HMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm can you say FannieGM/FreddieGM..... Looks mighty suspicious.. and familiar........

I
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hyundai started offering something like this awhile ago..

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/financing/...al_offers.aspx

In fact, not only will they make up to 3-months of payments for you, they'll let you take the car back if you need to..
    Last edited by -Cp; 03-31-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    Hyundai started offering something like this awhile ago..

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/financing/...al_offers.aspx

In fact, not only will they make up to 3-months of payments for you, they'll let you take the car back if you need to..
    hyundai is underwritten by their government.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cant anybody afford to buy a car anymore?

hyundai is underwritten by their government.....
    I Believe in love, personal liberty, and less government/more non profits

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Crappy sub-prime auto loans. I can't recall for sure, but I think GM and ford had a combined 30 million worth of derivatives written against their debts.
    Last edited by Said1; 03-31-2009 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Said1 View Post
    Crappy sub-prime auto loans. I can't recall for sure, but I think GM and ford had a combined 30 million worth of derivatives written against their debts.
    so we went from helping people that can't afford a house....to helping those same folks buy a car.....next up paying for their credit cards......soon govt booze and cig vouchers....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    ya i was stupid i paid cash for my porsche......

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    I've never owned a new car..not only could never afford it, but would rather buy a gently used car so I don't have to make those payments..

I think I'm gonna go to a Obama town hall meeting and ask for a NEW car..think it will work..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I've never owned a new car..not only could never afford it, but would rather buy a gently used car so I don't have to make those payments..

I think I'm gonna go to a Obama town hall meeting and ask for a NEW car..think it will work..
    i would suggest you buy a car then....default on your home loan and you car loan.....get fired.....then let 72 weeks of unemployment kick in while the government pics up your car loan and home loan.....hell if get declared an illegal alien you may not have to pay taxes for last year and may even get a tax refund.....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would suggest you buy a car then....default on your home loan and you car loan.....get fired.....then let 72 weeks of unemployment kick in while the government pics up your car loan and home loan.....hell if get declared an illegal alien you may not have to pay taxes for last year and may even get a tax refund.....
    Humm, you might have a good idea there..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so we went from helping people that can't afford a house....to helping those same folks buy a car.....next up paying for their credit cards......soon govt booze and cig vouchers....
    That's the next logical step....homes, cars, boats, furniture for that new home and any other big ticket items financed with worthless sub-prime credit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Said1 View Post
    That's the next logical step....homes, cars, boats, furniture for that new home and any other big ticket items financed with worthless sub-prime credit.
    kinda makes everyone beholden to the government.....and anyone left with any money willl have it taxed away from them and the excessive compensation will be adjusted.....

~Albert Camus