Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lookin' to upgrade yer PC?

I noticed the folks at Bootdaily.com are giving away two Motherboards for free - just gotta join their forums and give yer story on why you need one

Shouldn't be too hard for those of you who are forum junkies anyway...

http://www.bootdaily.com/index.php?o...=373&Itemid=52

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did upgrade my PC. To a Mac. You know what they say...

Once you go Mac
    You never go back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Esslingen View Post
    I did upgrade my PC. To a Mac. You know what they say...

Once you go Mac
    You never go back.
    you mean you switched to mac os... the hardware is the same ya goofball...

Actually - it's only liberals who use macs..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    you mean you switched to mac os... the hardware is the same ya goofball...
    Can't be. I had a PC for years and it crashed damn near everyday. Froze up all the time doing the simplest things. Lost more documents than I could count and wound up being so infested with worms, viruses, and other shit while MS was withdrawing support for the version I was using that it became a box of crap before my eyes.

My Mac, on the other hand, has never crashed. Never lost a document. Never froze up. I'v had to restart it a half dozen times mainly to install updates. It came ready to use right out of the box and is as fast today as it was when I bought it. Nothing has corrupted any files and it's a breeze to use. Now, who's the goofball?

Actually - it's only liberals who use macs..
    And damned fucking proud of it, too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can't be. I had a PC for years and it crashed damn near everyday. Froze up all the time doing the simplest things. Lost more documents than I could count and wound up being so infested with worms, viruses, and other shit while MS was withdrawing support for the version I was using that it became a box of crap before my eyes.

My Mac, on the other hand, has never crashed. Never lost a document. Never froze up. I'v had to restart it a half dozen times mainly to install updates. It came ready to use right out of the box and is as fast today as it was when I bought it. Nothing has corrupted any files and it's a breeze to use. Now, who's the goofball?
    Now you're showing your ignorance...

Have you noticed the macs have "intel inside"? Uh.. hello... the went to x86 awhile ago....

In fact, you can install mac osX on PCs too...

If you let your PC get infested with worms and viruses etc... it means you're the kind of person who has no business using a PC and should consider a typewriter... or a Mac... after all... like most libs who use Macs - they have to resort to it because all the options using Windows is too overwhelming for their limited thought process... I mean, why would you want to use a platform like Windows which provides you with choices when you can have an OS that thinks for you?

Just like a typical lib, no brians - the perfect mac user...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Not looking for a fight, just stating my experiences as someone who has been involved in fixing PC's and servers for about 17 years now.

Freezing and crashing happen with PC's, no doubt about it, but 95% of the time it is operator error. Yes, MS has issues when they first release software and you have to endure many updates. I wish they would just perfect their OS before releasing, but matching the OS with a gazillion programs out there is no easy task.

Most issues are caused by worms, spyware, malware, viruses... When precautionary, these shouldn't be an issue for you. I have a great antivirus program, spyware program, live spyware/malware detector and a couple of other programs used to keep my machine clean (run at least weekly).

I'm guessing you had NT or 2000, both of which I've heard they are withdrawing support for, likely as an incentive to get you to upgrade! Never said MS wasn't a bunch of greedy bastards!

Can't argue with that, I've heard many similar reviews from other Mac users. I know as well that they are supposedly superior for those interested in heavy graphic use/manipulation. My main reasons for not going Mac are: the price, and the availability of the hundreds of programs I use. Sad to say, but many companies cater their software to MS.

Suffice to say, both OS's are good, and both have their cons.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I noticed the folks at Bootdaily.com are giving away two Motherboards for free - just gotta join their forums and give yer story on why you need one

Shouldn't be too hard for those of you who are forum junkies anyway...

http://www.bootdaily.com/index.php?o...=373&Itemid=52
    Sweet! On my way there to join now! Thanks for the tip!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I've heard from several people that MacOS is actually Unix. If that's true, then it must OK!

Unix Power, baby!

PS. Then why am I still using Windows? Cause I'm a nutcase, that's why!
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    I've heard from several people that MacOS is actually Unix. If that's true, then it must OK!

Unix Power, baby!

PS. Then why am I still using Windows? Cause I'm a nutcase, that's why!
    Yes - it uses a unix kernel - that's why apple was able to get it to run on x86 hardware like the Intel Core2Duo..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes - it uses a unix kernel - that's why apple was able to get it to run on x86 hardware like the Intel Core2Duo..
    Unix --- made by Bell Laboratories in 1970 --- the name is a word play on the opearting system Multics, which was a project that some of the founders worked on.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Technically not UNIX, but POSIX-based. Apple did produce its own variant of UNIX called A/UX, but the kernel of OS X is not a fork of the UNIX kernel. POSIX is an international standard for a Portable Operating System Interface (ISO 9455) whose acronym became POSIX.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CockySOB View Post
    Technically not UNIX, but POSIX-based. Apple did produce its own variant of UNIX called A/UX, but the kernel of OS X is not a fork of the UNIX kernel. POSIX is an international standard for a Portable Operating System Interface (ISO 9455) whose acronym became POSIX.
    Some days I wish I could understood what the hell you guys are talking about.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Some days I wish I could understood what the hell you guys are talking about.
    There are a lot of days I wish I didn't know as much as I do....
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now you're showing your ignorance...

Have you noticed the macs have "intel inside"? Uh.. hello... the went to x86 awhile ago....

In fact, you can install mac osX on PCs too...

If you let your PC get infested with worms and viruses etc... it means you're the kind of person who has no business using a PC and should consider a typewriter... or a Mac... after all... like most libs who use Macs - they have to resort to it because all the options using Windows is too overwhelming for their limited thought process... I mean, why would you want to use a platform like Windows which provides you with choices when you can have an OS that thinks for you?

Just like a typical lib, no brians - the perfect mac user...
    I was going to respond to your diatribe but jimnyc hit the nail on the head about the greed of MS and their lack of support for customers who bought their programs faithfully for years. So, I'm just going to write your whining off as the disturbed cries of a mentally deficient neocon who can't deal with anyone stepping out of the goosestepping Microsoft parade.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I was going to respond to your diatribe but jimnyc hit the nail on the head about the greed of MS and their lack of support for customers who bought their programs faithfully for years. So, I'm just going to write your whining off as the disturbed cries of a mentally deficient neocon who can't deal with anyone stepping out of the goosestepping Microsoft parade.
    But you didnt address ANYTHING he wrote. You made factual errors in your assessment of the Mac vs PC; he corrected you, and now you're saying he's goosestepping to MS because you were wrong?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.