Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Esslingen View Post
    I was going to respond to your diatribe but jimnyc hit the nail on the head about the greed of MS and their lack of support for customers who bought their programs faithfully for years. So, I'm just going to write your whining off as the disturbed cries of a mentally deficient neocon who can't deal with anyone stepping out of the goosestepping Microsoft parade.
    Hmm.... what part of my "diatribe" was cheering for Microsoft? Also, how is MS any more "greedy" than Apple? Are both companies not in business for PROFIT? Jeesh...

You can bash Microsoft all you want - I don't care.... If you don't like MS you can switch to Linux... but you need to understand that if it wasn't for Microsoft, the PC would not be where it's at today and that's a fact... Like them or not, their marketing muscle has pushed PC's into being a mainstream product that's more affordable than ever..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I have a great antivirus program, spyware program, live spyware/malware detector and a couple of other programs used to keep my machine clean (run at least weekly).
    Jim, what exactly do you use? I'm using AVG Anti-virus and Spybot right now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Grisoft has consistently put out the best anti-virus on the planet for the past 5-6 years. It has a smaller footprint and one of the best accuracy ratings in the industry. And considering their subscription price is based on a 2-year subscription, it's a helluva deal. It's also nice to watch a company put out a free version for home use which isn't crippled in any significant manner.

Spybot S&D is still one of the best spyware tools available. I couple it with HijackThis! by merijn. Spybot can't always remove what it finds, but in those cases, HijackThis! works wonders.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    But you didnt address ANYTHING he wrote. You made factual errors in your assessment of the Mac vs PC; he corrected you, and now you're saying he's goosestepping to MS because you were wrong?
    You must have been reading a different post than the insult-filled one I was reading. He's no more right than you are despite your claims to the contrary. I made no factual errors. I expressed a personal opinion. I know it's hard to tell the difference but do try. Jimnyc explained why I quit PCs for a Mac but you obviously didn't see that either.

Bummer.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

You must have been reading a different post than the insult-filled one I was reading. He's no more right than you are despite your claims to the contrary. I made no factual errors. I expressed a personal opinion. I know it's hard to tell the difference but do try. Jimnyc explained why I quit PCs for a Mac but you obviously didn't see that either.

Bummer.
    All you did was blast him when he pointed out the errs in your post. Think whatever makes you feel good.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    I use both those and Ad-aware. They all work great for me.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I use both those and Ad-aware. They all work great for me.
    Add c-shredder to the mix.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good grief! How does a compu-geek thread turn into an argument?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Can't argue with that, I've heard many similar reviews from other Mac users. I know as well that they are supposedly superior for those interested in heavy graphic use/manipulation. My main reasons for not going Mac are: the price, and the availability of the hundreds of programs I use. Sad to say, but many companies cater their software to MS.

Suffice to say, both OS's are good, and both have their cons.
    Damn, there must be a blizzard in hell right now because I am kind of agreeing with the Baron....... as most of you know I am a MACaholic.
    I am certainly not liberal, I just want to get on my computer and have it work without having to be a technician. I understand that there are those that get pleasure out of building a computer and I think that is great, sorry that Apple doesn't allow you to use their OS when you do......I am guessing that this is why so many builders hate Apple.

I use PCs at work and I am astounded how awful the Microsoft OS is, it is worse than working on a MAC a decade ago. Sure, you can run more programs on the PC (most that aren't offered for both platforms are shit anyway)but then again you can run Windoze on the new MACs if you actually want to.

The price will never be as cheap as you can build a PC for or buy a cheap PC for but if compared equally set up, Apple is now much more competitive....the fact that you can use them for a very long time without any problems should also carry some weight. I remember a price comparison where a Dell was equally configured to a desktop MAC earlier this year, the MAC was a grand cheaper!

The fact is that I like the outstanding design of Apple's hardware and love how well the OS works inside those beautiful and innovative cases......very few people that I have known that switched ever even thought of going back.

Leopard is delayed because they used some of their techs to help get the phone out on time so they are saying it will come out in the fall. One thing is for sure, it will make Vista look like the crap that it is, hell, Tiger does that and it's 2 years old!

Here is their latest workstation ....
    Last edited by Sitarro; 10-21-2008 at 01:17 PM.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    All you did was blast him when he pointed out the errs in your post. Think whatever makes you feel good.
    The error was his when he stated that my computer had Intel chips when it does not. The error was his when he stated that I allowed crap to infest my computer when it was MS's failure to support the model I had that caused the problems. The error was his when he stated that I could install mac os on a PC, as if I wanted to mess with a platform as unstable as that.

He was right about MS making computers mainstream but I never disputed that point.

And you threw your weight around when it was obvious that you didn't have a clue either. Yeah, whatever, man.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The error was his when he stated that my computer had Intel chips when it does not. The error was his when he stated that I allowed crap to infest my computer when it was MS's failure to support the model I had that caused the problems. The error was his when he stated that I could install mac os on a PC, as if I wanted to mess with a platform as unstable as that.
    The ERROR here is you, you retard.... Learn to READ .. sorry.. I know that's asking a LOT from a liberal... as most don't know how to read or understand things..

But.. I NEVER said "Your particualar Mac has Intel Inside."

I said "Have you noticed the macs have "intel inside"? Uh.. hello... the went to x86 awhile ago.."

Don't believe me?

RIGHT FROM APPLE'S SITE:
    iMac. Starting at just $999, iMac features the 64-bit Core 2 Duo processor and dazzling 17-inch, 20-inch, and 24-inch displays.

Mac mini. Starting at $599, Mac mini provides an affordable entry to Intel Core Duo processors, iLife ’06 and Front Row.

MacBook. This decision is black and white — Intel Core 2 Duo, iLife ’06, built-in iSight, Front Row. Starting at $1099.

MacBook Pro. Even faster 15- and 17-inch models with Intel Core 2 Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row, and built-in iSight. From $1999.
    http://www.apple.com/hardware/

So.. assuming you bought your Mac within the last year or so - and it wan't used - then you DO have "Intel Inside"..

You should really do the world a favor and donate your Mac to someone more deserving like one of our troops.... If you are so retarded to NOT know what type of CPU your PC has you have no business using one.

Secondly, I NEVER said "you can install Mac OS on YOUR PC".. what I said was:
    "In fact, you can install mac osX on PCs too..."
    http://uneasysilence.com/os-x-proven...n-ordinary-pc/
    http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2005/08/3945/
    http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/...18/PearPC.html

The ERROR is yours when you expect Microsoft to support your stupidity and ignorance when running their OS... Nowhere in the EULA... oops better tell your pea-brain what that means (END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT) does it says "Microsoft promises to protect you from Viruses, spam or other milicous stuff that YOU allow onto your PC".

You NEED to watch the words of the infamous Bob Hope here because you ARE the description in this clip:

http://www.e-zfiles.com/725248
    Last edited by -Cp; 04-15-2007 at 01:54 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    The ERROR here is you, you retard.... Learn to READ .. sorry.. I know that's asking a LOT from a liberal... as most don't know how to read or understand things..
    I understand you just fine, spazmo. Your mini dinosaur walnut brain has a hard time comprehending anyone that doesn't march in your designatied straight line.

But.. I NEVER said "Your particualar Mac has Intel Inside."
    I said "Have you noticed the macs have "intel inside"? Uh.. hello... the went to x86 awhile ago.."
    Never disputed that point, moron.

So.. assuming you bought your Mac within the last year or so - and it wan't used - then you DO have "Intel Inside"..
    And THAT'S where you went wrong, bozo. Both points are wrong. I wouldn't expect anything less from a neocon who assumes facts not in evidence.

You should really do the world a favor and donate your Mac to someone more deserving like one of our troops.... If you are so retarded to NOT know what type of CPU your PC has you have no business using one.
    You should do the world a favor by joining the military yourself and volunteer for service in Iraq and bring your PC with you. They will be happy to have your help freeing world from jihadists. Stay there until they are all dead, OK?

Secondly, I NEVER said "you can install Mac OS on YOUR PC".. what I said was:
    "In fact, you can install mac osX on PCs too..."
    My point was why the hell would I want to? Why pour dog shit on a philly cheese steak sandwich? Why try having a conversation with a whiny neocon who makes an ass of himself by all of his erroneous assumptions.

The ERROR is yours when you expect Microsoft to support your stupidity and ignorance when running their OS... Nowhere in the EULA... oops better tell your pea-brain what that means (END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT) does it says "Microsoft promises to protect you from Viruses, spam or other milicous stuff that YOU allow onto your PC".
    My error was buying a hunk of junk and expecting a company to back up their product and not expect me to buy another one every three years. My error was expecting responsible behavior from a multinational. My error was buying all the recommended protections for that PC and having MS leave me high and dry and without support for what they sold me when I could have bought a Mac and not worried about it. I learned my lesson.

If you are what PCs are all about then I did the correct thing. See ya!