Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Really. Obviously either he or you missed the part "to uphold THE CONSTITUTION against all enemies, foreign and domestic." The US Government is NOT the US Constitution, nor at this point and time, does it resemble it much.

I think MOST military people would feel differently. The people of the US ARE the Constitution. Supposed to be, anyway. I would have a BIG problem turning my weapons on US citizens in revolt against a government that does not represent the US Constitution.

Hopefully, it doesn't come to that because I would be equally appalled at having to fire on US troops carrying out the orders of a government that is out of control.
    I'm sure our conversation continued on after that but I was just so shocked by his answer that it is what really stuck in my head.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    I'm sure our conversation continued on after that but I was just so shocked by his answer that it is what really stuck in my head.
    I can see your point, but you have to take his opinion with a grain of salt. He got out in 2001? After how many years? His only opportunity to have actually been in combat was Desert Shield/Desert Storm (Aug 90-Jun 91). Not that it isn't nor hasn't been done, but most people don't do 10 and just get out.

My point is, it's all fine and dandy to say what one will do based on wishful thinking but not having been put in the situation of actually having to do it. IMO, you got a mindless, rote answer from a grunt who never really gave such a scenario much thought.

It definitely presents a choice from which there is no return for any vet. And anyone that thinks the government isn't going to legislate itself into being in the right need only look at the US Civil War for an answer, the Constitution be damned.

There are proper mechanics to remove people from public office in the US. Let's just hope they work, making any such talk of armed rebellion purely academic.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you scared you are going to run out of ammo?!?!?!??!?!?!? Who the fuck are you shooting at?!?!?!??!?!?!???!

WTF?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Are you scared you are going to run out of ammo?!?!?!??!?!?!? Who the fuck are you shooting at?!?!?!??!?!?!???!

WTF?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?!?

Psychoblues
    I'm not planning to shoot at anyone moron but when the shelves are empty in most sporting goods, Walmarts, and gun shops it makes it hard go out plinking if you don't have any ammo.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    What is wrong with you to love his SC pick? Do you have ANY idea of what kind of a bigoted, biased, bitch she has been in her career? You WANT that for a SC judge?
    She looks like a bull dike, that's good enough for LN.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me