Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Has America Moved Right or Left?

We have a presidential candidate who supported/supports PUBLIC FUNDING FOR ABORTION and lives with two gay men.

We have one who supports AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS.

We have one who GOVERNS MASSACHUSSETTS.

And these are the Republicans.

One of these 'Republicans' will face either a half-black, half-white ultraliberal with the middle name 'Hussein' who belongs to a black nationalist church and wants to push through every conceivable liberal program, or a white female who wrote her college thesis on how to make America a communist country.

I mention all this because sometimes you see a pundit wax on about the 'great power of the right' in America or how the 'religious conservatives' secretly run our country. And I think the thoughts I just wrote. Pretty clear to me that the fulcrum of American political ideology has moved decisively to the left over the decades.
    America: White people footing the bill for a party they're not allowed to attend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Lincoln View Post
    We have a presidential candidate who supported/supports PUBLIC FUNDING FOR ABORTION and lives with two gay men.

One of these 'Republicans' will face either a half-black, half-white ultraliberal with the middle name 'Hussein' who belongs to a black nationalist church and wants to push through every conceivable liberal program, or a white female who wrote her college thesis on how to make America a communist country.

I mention all this because sometimes you see a pundit wax on about the 'great power of the right' in America or how the 'religious conservatives' secretly run our country. And I think the thoughts I just wrote. Pretty clear to me that the fulcrum of American political ideology has moved decisively to the left over the decades.

i do not belive america has moved.....the politicians have

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wake up dudes, there is no unified "America" to move right or left. America is a bunch of selfish little (and big) subgroups which go any direction they like and don't give a shit about anybody else from the other subgroups. There was a little moment of unity for a few weeks after 9/11 but after that event was politicized that was over.
    Pork, good for you, bad for Muslims and Jews.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    i do not belive america has moved.....the politicians have
    Oh, for Christ's sakes, why do you think the politicians have moved leftward? It's because they're following the people.

If you guys want to discuss politics in a meaningful way, you're going to have to make some effort at objectivity. So many of the guys on the right wing see things as you'd like them to be, instead of as they are.

In 2002, 43% of Americans defined themselves as Democrats and 43% defined themselves as Republicans. Today, 50% of Americans define themelves as Democrats and only 35% as Republicans.

You guys need to come to terms with the fact that George Bush took your party and drove it off a cliff. And most of the reason is his stupid Iraq war.

You may or may not believe this, but I considered myself a Republican at the start of Bush's first term. I had been a Republican for over 20 years prior to Mr. Bush's administration.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    Oh, for Christ's sakes, why do you think the politicians have moved leftward? It's because they're following the people.

If you guys want to discuss politics in a meaningful way, you're going to have to make some effort at objectivity. So many of the guys on the right wing see things as you'd like them to be, instead of as they are.

In 2002, 43% of Americans defined themselves as Democrats and 43% defined themselves as Republicans. Today, 50% of Americans define themelves as Democrats and only 35% as Republicans.

You guys need to come to terms with the fact that George Bush took your party and drove it off a cliff. And most of the reason is his stupid Iraq war.

You may or may not believe this, but I considered myself a Republican at the start of Bush's first term. I had been a Republican for over 20 years prior to Mr. Bush's administration.
    Why do you believe in polling figures? Do you really think they are objective?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Why do you believe in polling figures? Do you really think they are objective?
    See, this is an example of right-wingers living in their own fantasy world.

All the "polling figures" indicate that people are leaving the GOP in a mass exodus. But some of you guys choose to challenge the polls, rather than try to figure out how to stave off the tsunami that's headed toward you in '08.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

See, this is an example of right-wingers living in their own fantasy world.

All the "polling figures" indicate that people are leaving the GOP in a mass exodus. But some of you guys choose to challenge the polls, rather than try to figure out how to stave off the tsunami that's headed toward you in '08.
    Polls are often commissioned to prove a "fact" that someone wants to justify with numbers that appear objective and if people are leaving the GOP it certainly doesn't prove they are any less conservative in thier thinking. They may be leaving to support candidates that are further RIGHT than the GOP.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Polls are often commissioned to prove a "fact" that someone wants to justify with numbers that appear objective and if people are leaving the GOP it certainly doesn't prove they are any less conservative in thier thinking. They may be leaving to support candidates that are further RIGHT than the GOP.
    Oh, Jesus.......

The self-deception is monumental, and also quite amusing.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, Jesus.......

The self-deception is monumental, and also quite amusing.....
    Show me something that speaks of conservatives becoming more liberal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The politicians have moved to the left? Then why on earth are they trying to campaign further toward the right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    The politicians have moved to the left? Then why on earth are they trying to campaign further toward the right?
    The GOP candidates will try to appeal to the hard right element leading up to the primaries. But once they have the nomination, they will move toward the center.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The GOP candidates will try to appeal to the hard right element leading up to the primaries. But once they have the nomination, they will move toward the center.
    So where is it ? Show me something--anything that speaks to the fact the anyone leaving the GOP or disgruntled politicians in the GOP are doing so because they want to be more liberal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Lincoln View Post

As Rush always says: "follow the money". The rich liberals from Hollywood and George Soros have funneled millions to the Left politicians, and the idiot GOP candidates think that's the direction America has gone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    As Rush always says: "follow the money". The rich liberals from Hollywood and George Soros have funneled millions to the Left politicians, and the idiot GOP candidates think that's the direction America has gone.
    Okay, let's see if we can't enlighten some of these politically-challenged right-wingers.......

It's not about whether The US has become more liberal (although it has).

What's really behind these huge migrations of voters from the GOP camp to the Democratic camp is, they're moving in reaction to the train wreck that is the Bush administration.

Ever since Bush's disastrous invasion of Iraq was shown to have been undertaken under false pretenses.....and ever since the Iraq thing turned into a horrible fuckaround, people who initially supported Bush on Iraq have been turning away from him in revulsion.

And ever since the reality and imminent danger of global warming became clear to people (thanks, Al Gore), Americans have become aware that Bush would rather try to ignore the problem than do something about it. That's the second main reason why people are deserting the GOP.

It's not about liberal vs. conservative, my right-wing friends. It's about Bush & company are a total disaster.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

You mean just like Bill Clinton did and Hillary keeps trying to do? 'Tisn't a one-sided affair. The moderate vote makes or breaks.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke