Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Off to grab some of OA's $$$ for Veterans!!!

Please wish luck or send prayers - I will be heading down to Miami to submit an RFP for grant money tomorrow for a Veteran's non-profit of which my husband is president.

We decided since part of our country's massive spending spree includes large grants for veteran's causes, we better make sure the money actually is used for true veteran needs, at least in our town - one of the parts of the stimulus that actually is stimulating and not wasteful!!! (altho new, some of you know I love to find silver linings wherever I can)

The grant app is due tomorrow - been working on it for weeks! I'll let you know!
    "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

YOU don't need luck (except the "going to Miami" part!) doll face! You'll dazzle them! I will say prayers, though, cause since you are really gonna use the money for what it was planned for, there will surely be people who will try for it for other purposes! May the FORCE (troops, that is) be with you, and GODSPEED!!!!::

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpk9corps View Post
    YOU don't need luck (except the "going to Miami" part!) doll face! You'll dazzle them! I will say prayers, though, cause since you are really gonna use the money for what it was planned for, there will surely be people who will try for it for other purposes! May the FORCE (troops, that is) be with you, and GODSPEED!!!!::
    Thanks MPK9!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by creativeage View Post
    Please wish luck or send prayers - I will be heading down to Miami to submit an RFP for grant money tomorrow for a Veteran's non-profit of which my husband is president.

We decided since part of our country's massive spending spree includes large grants for veteran's causes, we better make sure the money actually is used for true veteran needs, at least in our town - one of the parts of the stimulus that actually is stimulating and not wasteful!!! (altho new, some of you know I love to find silver linings wherever I can)

The grant app is due tomorrow - been working on it for weeks! I'll let you know!
    Good luck! Having done some grant writing, it's not the easiest. I did get one though for $10k. Lots of little ones in kind.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Thanks, and oh, found out it is Vet$ from Bush Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Good luck! Having done some grant writing, it's not the easiest. I did get one though for $10k. Lots of little ones in kind.
    Hi, Thanks Kathianne! Just curious, the actual grant award was $10K? What cause?

All went well, we are waiting. Discovered Sunday it is actually $ issued from the Bush Administration, and mulitple non-profits have been holding it for over a year now - seems no one was ready to stand up and directly assist OEF/OIF Veterans and families...it's a mystery.

What matters is we decided to

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hi, Thanks Kathianne! Just curious, the actual grant award was $10K? What cause?

All went well, we are waiting. Discovered Sunday it is actually $ issued from the Bush Administration, and mulitple non-profits have been holding it for over a year now - seems no one was ready to stand up and directly assist OEF/OIF Veterans and families...it's a mystery.

Good for you. Any money being given out right now is still from the Bush administration. It takes the government one to two years to get policies active or revoke them. Use what you can get and don't expect to see more next year.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Nuclear Energy-Exelon
    It was for technology for school-only 'string' was to bring the kids involved, middle school, to see one of the power plants. Really fit in with curriculum and $10k buys a lot in parochial school.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill