Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Miranda Rights for Terrorists

Once again, the left shows they have no desire to DEFEAT terrorists - only coddle them

So now Miranda rights for NON US CITIZENS captured on the battlefield?????

Miranda Rights for Terrorists

When 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammad was captured on March 1, 2003, he was not cooperative. “I’ll talk to you guys after I get to New York and see my lawyer,” he said, according to former CIA Director George Tenet.

Of course, KSM did not get a lawyer until months later, after his interrogation was completed, and Tenet says that the information the CIA obtained from him disrupted plots and saved lives. “I believe none of these successes would have happened if we had had to treat KSM like a white-collar criminal – read him his Miranda rights and get him a lawyer who surely would have insisted that his client simply shut up,” Tenet wrote in his memoirs.

If Tenet is right, it’s a good thing KSM was captured before Barack Obama became president. For, the Obama Justice Department has quietly ordered FBI agents to read Miranda rights to high value detainees captured and held at U.S. detention facilities in Afghanistan, according a senior Republican on the House Intelligence Committee. “The administration has decided to change the focus to law enforcement. Here’s the problem. You have foreign fighters who are targeting US troops today – foreign fighters who go to another country to kill Americans. We capture them…and they’re reading them their rights – Mirandizing these foreign fighters,” says Representative Mike Rogers, who recently met with military, intelligence and law enforcement officials on a fact-finding trip to Afghanistan.

Rogers, a former FBI special agent and U.S. Army officer, says the Obama administration has not briefed Congress on the new policy. “I was a little surprised to find it taking place when I showed up because we hadn’t been briefed on it, I didn’t know about it. We’re still trying to get to the bottom of it, but it is clearly a part of this new global justice initiative.”

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblog...terrorists.asp

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry bout that,

1. Insanity.
    2. And lets provide them with lawyers and law books.
    3. Open door policy.
    4. Slap em on the wrist and set em free!

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    "At Times We Cry, At Time We Fly" ~CWN
    "See You Down The Road Man" ~ CWN

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chesswarsnow View Post
    Sorry bout that,

1. Insanity.
    2. And lets provide them with lawyers and law books.
    3. Open door policy.
    4. Slap em on the wrist and set em free!

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas

Ah.....we already do. They eat better than any prisoner in the Federal Prison system, have special religious requests honored, get special clothes to wear instead of prison uniforms and many other special entitlements.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post
    Ah.....we already do. They eat better than any prisoner in the Federal Prison system, have special religious requests honored, get special clothes to wear instead of prison uniforms and many other special entitlements.
    I don't think being waterboarded is a "special entitlement."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    Well we could always cut their heads off slowly and broadcast it all over the world. Would that be better?????????

These are not people "suspected" of doing wrong. These are people CAUGHT RED HANDED performing TERRORIST acts to the U.S. armed forces.
    Last edited by Nukeman; 06-11-2009 at 07:23 PM.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    Well we could always cut their heads off slowly and broadcast it all over the world. Would that be better?????????

These are not people "suspected" of doing wrong. These are people CAUGHT RED HANDED performing TERRORIST acts to the U.S. armed forces.
    I have been posting how this would happen, and the lefties here like BP, VMD, PB and others all went after me as a right wing nut hack

Where are they on this thread? Where are their defense of Obama on this issue?

It would seem their slobbering love for the Choosen One prevents them from posting any comments on this topic

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post

Hold up newbie! You dare question El Debator! Where did I mention "waterboarding" (?). I simply said and it is most certainly true that prisoners at Gitmo who are caught red handed perpretarting murderous crimes against Americans are treated better than other prisoners in the system of detainment. They get their choice of food. have you ever seen the menu (look it up yourself), they do not wear standard prison garb for religious purposes, have endless religious freedom to worship multiple times a day.

That is all I was saying. Now be careful, I'll let this infraction slide since you are new but next time you will find yourself in the one on one cage with El Debator and others can attest that is not a pleasant experience.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh....and welcome to the board Tudor

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post
    Hold up newbie! You dare question El Debator! Where did I mention "waterboarding" (?). I simply said and it is most certainly true that prisoners at Gitmo who are caught red handed perpretarting murderous crimes against Americans are treated better than other prisoners in the system of detainment. They get their choice of food. have you ever seen the menu (look it up yourself), they do not wear standard prison garb for religious purposes, have endless religious freedom to worship multiple times a day.

That is all I was saying. Now be careful, I'll let this infraction slide since you are new but next time you will find yourself in the one on one cage with El Debator and others can attest that is not a pleasant experience.
    But Emmett, as I recall everyone of the libs you have challenged to debate you has backed out or flat out refused to debate. You always argue with facts, truth and knowledge and they can't argue with that.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Another totally illogical nonsense thread perpetrated by Mr. Cut and Paste.
    I keep imagining RSR and Virgil in the Big Brother house. What fun that would be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    But Emmett, as I recall everyone of the libs you have challenged to debate you has backed out or flat out refused to debate. You always argue with facts, truth and knowledge and they can't argue with that.

You are too kind Gaff. I just get tired of the statements being made so as to assume a prospect of accuracy. Muslim prisoners are treated very well at Gitmo. VERY WELL! Especially so now since the "transition"

As for the Libs. They do seem to display a slight fear of the wrath of El Debator. Strange though, I think it is because I will not stoop to namecalling and innuendo and that is what they really want. They don't rattle me and basically that is their agenda. It isn't really to stand for anything just to be disagreeable and control the lives of Conservative Americans because in essence they do have a majority now.

It's cool though because the true color bleeds through the page on all their issues. When they run into someone who does not rattle and get all excited when they spew their stuff, they don't waste anymore time. Good strategy I believe as El Debtor stands always ready to dismantle the rhetoric when called upon. Problem is there are less phone booths available for me to step into when I need to change into my garb. I'm gonna have to consult with Underdog and see how he has addressed that issue!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tsk, tsk, tsk. And who ever suggested miranda rights for terrorists?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Does the fearmongering and hatred not ever get tiring for you reichwingers?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well, do we as americans care what the world thinks of us.

I think its a good question

and should we close guantanamo

your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. And who ever suggested miranda rights for terrorists?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Does the fearmongering and hatred not ever get tiring for you reichwingers?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues
    I Believe in love, personal liberty, and less government/more non profits

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post

your thoughts?
    Yes

I agree

Yes

What's your confusion?!?!?!?!???!?!?!??! I've shared my thoughts many times here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of them have gotten my banned from the site and from particular conversations!!!!!!!!! Even tonight, dimples is pissing down his legs trying to shut me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post

your thoughts?
    Yes

I agree

Yes

What's your confusion?!?!?!?!???!?!?!??! I've shared my thoughts many times here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of them have gotten me banned from the site and from particular conversations!!!!!!!!! Even tonight, dimples is pissing down his legs trying to shut me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues