Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Crin...I am happy for you guys in that your wife is feeling better. Man, she had one huh?

Now......address post #13 pal! LOL. I'm filling out this Libertarian Membership card for you right now so it will be ready to mail.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post
    OK...let us change the context for a minute. I am an anti-abortion Libertarian. Let me say that again. Anti-Abortion Libertarian. I believe life starts at conception and it is murder to terminate that life at any time. I struggle with the rape issue and I wish I had the answer to that but I don't. I do not feel I have the right to insist a woman has a child that is the product of rape or incest. I am just not qualified as is no man in my opinion. I do feel God is and I would be willing to leave that to him. As for making laws as to the requirements, again, that is why I would never run for public office. My conscience would bother me to think I had lent to the incarceration of a woman who had been raped and decided to terminate the pregnancy.

Convictions are good. Holding true to them is something we all need to do a little more of. My problem with the Republican Party is based in that exact subject. Republicans were supposed to be for small government, something we have all seen is no longer true. They were supposed to be the party that protected privacy, which they no longer do, property, which they no longer do and many other issues showed me that Republicans are nothing more than sleezy politicians like democrats. They chase votes and have thrown their convictions right into the trash can along with their dignity and conviction to serve the people via the US Constitution.

I believe that most of our argument here lies along the lines of Church and State really. It was established early on that it was imperative that Church and State be seperate. If not, we would be living in a society much like that we had abandoned. My reference to people having been murdered in the name of God was merely stated to show how many societies had condemned people to death for issues that questioned their faith in God. It's true you know. I didn;t necessarily mean just here in the US, although thousands were put to death back prior to our nations forming. You mentioned Mass so I mentioned the witch hunts. Sorry but I trumped you on that one!

Furthermore.....if I knew that people like you personally were in charge of government, convicted to running the country from a prospective that the Bible would be the law of the land I would feel fine if I was the same religion as you but what if I was not. I mean personally I think what a wonderful society any land would be if it followed the laws of the Bible. People would not steal, there would be no need for self defense so guns could be outlawed huh? No one would kill so we could eliminate folks' rights to all self defense methods and so forth. There would bo no adultery so no need for divorce courts, no greed, no nothing. What a wonderful world that would be my friend. An imaginary one however but it would be wonderful. The problem is that too much involvement of Church in State matters would lead to every time Church has been the State of a society, there would be useless murder of those who did not follow the doctrine. Simple theft would be considered an act against God and therefore be considered a violation of him and so forth. It has happened enough times throughout history to clearly demonstrate that I am absolutely correct and you know it. people would misuse the "power" that comes with thinking they, because they supposedly believe in God, which people like that do not, have!

Church and State must remain seperated. I say let people choose collectively their way of government socially and let their conscience be directed by their convictions to God or yes, even if they do not believe, their conscience. Not that I think their conscience can be one of propeity if it isn;t based in faith but this is America and that document we continue to discuss, guarentees as well that a citizen does not have to believe in God to live here and have the same rights as everyone else. It is what seperates us from everyone else. It is called liberty. Real Liberty assures us absolute freedom to choose to live our lives the way we want so long os we do not infringe on another's right to do the same. That sir is what America is all about. Absolute Freedom. Something that is being stolen from us each and every day as we live amongst it.

We are currently involved in one of the best debates I have ever seen here on this board or any other. A very fine line seperates two opinions of two people who I think are very convicted to their beliefs. Let us allow ourselves to use our imaginations for a minute to ponder what it would be like to think we were on the Senate floor conducting this argument over whether these issues that seperate us would be law or not. Let's see. Let us further imagine that we had won all our other battles together for all the other issues by which we agree. Liberty in way of privacy, we agree on that. We both agree that no one should ever have the right to come in our home uninvited. Well...I assume we do from our previous conversations, I also assume we agree on the 2nd, we believe in the right to self defense of ourselves and our family. We believe that a person should have the right to choose how they live as long as they do not infringe on another's rights (Abortion and Homosexuality aside). We both do not believe a person's property should be taken for the use of the state or private institution. We both believe government should be only the size necessary to orchestrate the most basic of business, infrastructure care, roadways and the like. We both agree on an awful lot my friend. Where we seem to differ is in whether the Churches law should govern our personal choices and rather people should be prosecuted for not living in accordance with God's law. As a matter of fact, our only disagreement of how to run government seems to be based in that. Which brings me back to my original assertion that you do not believe in the seperation of church and State and i would direct you that document we continue to reference and the core beliefs of our forefathers. America was designed in the context of believing in the complete seperation of church and State.

My assertion of this does not mean that I like our forefathers do not believe God has no place in our lives. To believe in Seperation does not suggest that at all. america has to guarentee individual liberty for ALL citizens, not just those who believe in God. Even atheists are assured the same rights as the rest of us. It has to be that way to assure that our beliefs as a nation are uniform. As believers we have to have the ultimate faith that God will handle it from there and that the ultimate choice he allows them to change by embracing the Lord Jesus Christ's doctrine will change their life. My belief is that if it is good enough for him, it is good enough for me. If we use our government to force people to live a certain way and make their choices for them, well Crin, IMHO, we are overstepping our bounds and operating above our pay grade.
    I disagree on the whole concept of separation of church and state. It was meant to be that we did not create a church state like the Church of England whereby it was mandatory for people and/or pastors to be a part of it. It was not meant to keep Biblical influence out of policy or decision making. I forget, maybe you can show me that in founding documents where it says that there cannot and should not be any Biblical influence.

I know you don't support abortion and what you see as infringing on one groups rights, I see as protecting the other groups rights.

The right for a baby from the time of conception to have life, liberty and to pursue happiness, its not the babies fault that it was conceived. For me its a simple concept. The moment the baby is conceived it should be protected. That should be the safest place in the world for that baby. If the mother doesn't want to keep the baby, put it up for adoption. I know people who waited for years to adopt children and others who would adopt children now except like everything else, there is way to much government intrusion into adoption. I have considered adopting now that my kids are mostly grown up but I wont because of government intrusion.

I also want to protect the rights of children to grow up as normal as possible, without the influence of predatory perverts. From a strictly personal viewpoint without any Biblical perspective. I don't want homosexuals to be given anything that lends to their appearance of normality. It is not normal. If it were normal they would be able to breed between themselves and have more offspring of their own kind. Since they cannot breed and create more of their own kind they have to recruit from the ranks of normal people. In order to recruit they have to have access to our children because they have to start teaching our children that its okay and its normal, just an alternative. Believe me when I say, that all the parental training in the world will not stop children from considering it normal and accepting it as normal because it is shoved down their throats at school and work.

Maybe you will recognize this little excerpt:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And you think that we have made progress in acheiving these goals you speak of by using the system we have now?

Our forefathers were certainly more Libertarian than our politicians today. I think we would agree on that. Yet today we see the environment change to what it is.

If the Libertarian Party had more people with feelings and opinions like yours they could come full circle into a Party that could bring about the type of gradual change into the agenda we both feel would benefit America.

Political parties do adjust their platforms you know. When I joined the party we had no opinion on Imigration. We believed in totally open borders. The Libertarian Party has adjusted that item on the platform. You yourself say that you are more Libertarian than anything else. Ah...Crin.....knock knock brother!

No party is ever going to reflect the exact agenda of all of it's members. Which party represents the majority of yours and would be closer to the eventual agenda you would perceive proper for your country? By being involved you would be able to begin to influence that party to change. Imagine if ALL Republicans joined tomorrow! The agenda would then be majority Anti-Abortion and the party would have to adjust.

I'm done. Where do I mail the card?

PS...lets not let the crickets sing too long OK. They have been working hard on these threads and deserve a break. LOL.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

And you think that we have made progress in acheiving these goals you speak of by using the system we have now?

Our forefathers were certainly more Libertarian than our politicians today. I think we would agree on that. Yet today we see the environment change to what it is.

If the Libertarian Party had more people with feelings and opinions like yours they could come full circle into a Party that could bring about the type of gradual change into the agenda we both feel would benefit America.

Political parties do adjust their platforms you know. When I joined the party we had no opinion on Imigration. We believed in totally open borders. The Libertarian Party has adjusted that item on the platform. You yourself say that you are more Libertarian than anything else. Ah...Crin.....knock knock brother!

No party is ever going to reflect the exact agenda of all of it's members. Which party represents the majority of yours and would be closer to the eventual agenda you would perceive proper for your country? By being involved you would be able to begin to influence that party to change. Imagine if ALL Republicans joined tomorrow! The agenda would then be majority Anti-Abortion and the party would have to adjust.

I'm done. Where do I mail the card?

PS...lets not let the crickets sing too long OK. They have been working hard on these threads and deserve a break. LOL.
    Sorry but theres no need to mail the form. I won't be leaving the Republican Party until I find the right fit. If I'm gonna have to fight for a party to change like I would the Libertarian Party then why move? I can fight here where I am at for change. I may be beating my head against the wall but its a pretty thick scull.

I will not compromise on my positions. I will not join a party that is not opposed to abortion in its platform. I will not join a party that is pro homosexual rights. If that ever changes, I promise you will be one of the first people to know and a long apology will follow along with eating of crow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    Sorry but theres no need to mail the form. I won't be leaving the Republican Party until I find the right fit. If I'm gonna have to fight for a party to change like I would the Libertarian Party then why move? I can fight here where I am at for change. I may be beating my head against the wall but its a pretty thick scull.

I will not compromise on my positions. I will not join a party that is not opposed to abortion in its platform. I will not join a party that is pro homosexual rights. If that ever changes, I promise you will be one of the first people to know and a long apology will follow along with eating of crow.
    Since you said you have a thick skull I'll just agree with you. You sure do. Of course you have a pretty version of a platform to stand on with that thick skull. LOL.

OK. I read your reply. I could say this. You choose to stay with a party that advocated the taking of a man's property so tax generating businesses and condos could be built. You are sticking with a party that allowed and passed a law to intrude upon the privacy of citizens personal conversations due to some lame attempt to detect national security risks. You have stuck with a party that hasn't sent an amendment to the floor to change abortion in years or made any attempte to outlaw homosexuality as you would like. You stay with a party that has its members turncoating one at a time to the other side in a search to gain a say in the power of being popular. Selling out that is.

OK....have it your way. You go ahead and stick with that party my friend. I must say they are making such wonderful progress in attacking those issues you seem to hold dear. I mean just look at the progress we have made in things like personal liberty too.

And as to your statement of how Christian values were prevalent in our original philosophy, I agree. And again I say I remember the executions too in God's name. This is not a government I want of people judging how each should live based on their self appointed right to be God. God is the only judge and we are all accountable to him and him only for the choices we make in the end. Continnuing to subscribe to a philosophy that is helping make life worse for Americans day after day while sitting back and not trying one's best to move toward the philosophy of the forefathers is counterproductive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Since you said you have a thick skull I'll just agree with you. You sure do. Of course you have a pretty version of a platform to stand on with that thick skull. LOL.

OK. I read your reply. I could say this. You choose to stay with a party that advocated the taking of a man's property so tax generating businesses and condos could be built. You are sticking with a party that allowed and passed a law to intrude upon the privacy of citizens personal conversations due to some lame attempt to detect national security risks. You have stuck with a party that hasn't sent an amendment to the floor to change abortion in years or made any attempte to outlaw homosexuality as you would like. You stay with a party that has its members turncoating one at a time to the other side in a search to gain a say in the power of being popular. Selling out that is.

OK....have it your way. You go ahead and stick with that party my friend. I must say they are making such wonderful progress in attacking those issues you seem to hold dear. I mean just look at the progress we have made in things like personal liberty too.

And as to your statement of how Christian values were prevalent in our original philosophy, I agree. And again I say I remember the executions too in God's name. This is not a government I want of people judging how each should live based on their self appointed right to be God. God is the only judge and we are all accountable to him and him only for the choices we make in the end. Continnuing to subscribe to a philosophy that is helping make life worse for Americans day after day while sitting back and not trying one's best to move toward the philosophy of the forefathers is counterproductive.
    Like I said, if I'm going to have to fight within the party I'm affiliated with to change why wouldn't I just stay and fight to change the party I'm already with. It makes no sense to switch to another party and start fighting to change it. If another party emerges that I find I have a better fit with, I will switch.

The homosexual issue will become a moot point politically speaking in the near future. I think its probably to late to stem the tide. They have/had a great game plan and marketing strategy. They laid out their plans in 1973 I think it was and have executed it with precision.

When a Christian points out sin, he is not being judgmental. He is not judging people. God has already judged. The Christians is simply pointing out the violations of what God has already judged to be wrong. Do you tell someone they are dying from cancer or just let them die without trying to help them.

There have been very few executions ever done by actual Christians. They were done by people claiming to be Christians and claiming to be doing it in the name of God. However if you look at their beliefs and who they were acting on behalf of it was not based on biblical beliefs. I'm also not talking about a theocracy, just a return the principles and Godly beliefs of most of our founders.

I have just started doing my research on the faith of our founders. I have not yet verified but have been told that the Declaration of Independence was based on the sermons that were being preached from the pulpits of Americas churches. The whole taxation without representation thing is something of a distraction away from the realities. If taxation was so important and the main reason for our fight for independence then why was it number 17 on the list of grievances?

It was your job to convince me of the error of my ways. I remain unconvinced, guess you will be voting Republican next election.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

like i said, if i'm going to have to fight within the party i'm affiliated with to change why wouldn't i just stay and fight to change the party i'm already with. It makes no sense to switch to another party and start fighting to change it. If another party emerges that i find i have a better fit with, i will switch.

yes it does. It makes perfect sense if the new party represents a bit closer to the platform you do.

the homosexual issue will become a moot point politically speaking in the near future. I think its probably to late to stem the tide. They have/had a great game plan and marketing strategy. They laid out their plans in 1973 i think it was and have executed it with precision.

agreed. But you know what. To me i have way too much to worry about than them. I am confident in my ability to teach my children that this behavior is wrong so i don't fret over it too much.

when a christian points out sin, he is not being judgmental. He is not judging people. God has already judged. The christians is simply pointing out the violations of what god has already judged to be wrong. Do you tell someone they are dying from cancer or just let them die without trying to help them.

bad analogy. Has nothing to do with debate. Being a libertarian does not restrict you from pointing out sin to your neighbor if that is what you see fit. It simply means you will be subscribing to a philosophy that promotes more liberty for your fellow american.

there have been very few executions ever done by actual christians. They were done by people claiming to be christians and claiming to be doing it in the name of god. However if you look at their beliefs and who they were acting on behalf of it was not based on biblical beliefs. I'm also not talking about a theocracy, just a return the principles and godly beliefs of most of our founders.

I have just started doing my research on the faith of our founders. I have not yet verified but have been told that the declaration of independence was based on the sermons that were being preached from the pulpits of americas churches. The whole taxation without representation thing is something of a distraction away from the realities. If taxation was so important and the main reason for our fight for independence then why was it number 17 on the list of grievances?

It was your job to convince me of the error of my ways. I remain unconvinced, guess you will be voting republican next election.
    not so fast quick draw, i don't give up that easily. You need to go back to your desk and sit down, this lesson isn't over yet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Crin, with all due respect (and you deserve plenty), you have failed to do anything but establish the fact that you think government should be ran strictly by the bible. You have established that there was great influence by Christians in the set up of our founding philosophy. I acknowledge this. I also acknowledge that the vision of our forefathers saw it fit to understand that not everyone who would enter America would be Christian so Freedom of chosen worship was given great consideration in their philosophy as well. They also made sure to make it well known that a State too influenced by the Church would merely lead to the mistakes of the past in other nations. Church and State must remain seperate in order to ensure true liberty.

I have shown however that being a Libertarian falls clearly into the description of what our forefathers envisioned.

The two issues, as you describe them and I agree are Abortion and Homosexuality. I agree with the philosophy that they are both wrong. Abortion was of course illegal in the days of the forming of our nation. I would be good with that frankly and would support the overturning of Roe vs. Wade. On this item we agree. I do not think in some cases, such as rape that a woman should be imprisoned if she had an abortion. I admit, as you do, that this is a very difficult problem and has no simple answer.

Homosexuality was around in those times too but obviously was tucked deep in the closet of those who partook in this incidious activity. It is wrong, the bible says it is wrong, most people think it is wrong. I agree to all of that. What I would not allow it to do is influence me to not align myself with the best philosophy of the rest of the agenda. This would be empowering homos way too much. Libertarians have a much closer agenda to my beliefs in all other areas. If I were to allow the Freedom of Choice issue of Social life to stop me from believing I could do more good as A Libertarian I would be doing exactly that. Which you are! You are empowering homosexuals my friend. You are allowing them to stop you from endorsing the political philosophy you yourself say is closer to your beliefs than that of the liberty evading Republicans.

In closing......

You are being repeticious!

You are being closed minded!

You are trailing in this debate!

Your turn......
    Last edited by emmett; 08-10-2009 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your silence on this issue makes me think you only two points of why you would not vote Libertarian are Abortion and Homosexuality. Well....you said that so I agree it is true. I am especially impressed with how your party has dealt with these issues over the years and made America an obviously better place because of their position.

Here is a question for you. I know you are a fan of Glenn Beck, or at least I had the impression you were, if Glenn Beck ran for President as a Libertarian in 2012 would you vote for him since he shares an almost identical view to your own. Beck is pretty much anti-gay and is wildly supportive of anti-abortion legislation but as all know is a line item Libertarian from there. Sort of like an "Emmett" you might say.

To answer the question in reverse form to myself: Would I vote for Glenn Beck if he were to run as a Republican, the answer is a resounding YES....I would!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Your silence on this issue makes me think you only two points of why you would not vote Libertarian are Abortion and Homosexuality. Well....you said that so I agree it is true. I am especially impressed with how your party has dealt with these issues over the years and made America an obviously better place because of their position.

Here is a question for you. I know you are a fan of Glenn Beck, or at least I had the impression you were, if Glenn Beck ran for President as a Libertarian in 2012 would you vote for him since he shares an almost identical view to your own. Beck is pretty much anti-gay and is wildly supportive of anti-abortion legislation but as all know is a line item Libertarian from there. Sort of like an "Emmett" you might say.

To answer the question in reverse form to myself: Would I vote for Glenn Beck if he were to run as a Republican, the answer is a resounding YES....I would!
    No offense my friend but I have actually been quite busy , my mind is focused elsewhere on the things I have to get done and since unless I concede you plan on this going until November 2010, I really didn't see any rush to answer. No offense intended.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No offense my friend but I have actually been quite busy , my mind is focused elsewhere on the things I have to get done and since unless I concede you plan on this going until November 2010, I really didn't see any rush to answer. No offense intended.

Just joggin on you a little. Top of the day to you sir.

Repeat the question: If Glenn Beck (or a similarly likeminded) Libertarian ran for presidsent, would you vote for them?

Then maybe throw in some comment on how your philosophy differs or is strikingly similar to that of a Glenn beck (cause it is).

Don't you think it feasible that a candidate such as a Beck could accomplish the suggestion I made a few posts ago about beginning a tweaking of the Conservative Libertarian political philosophy into something a bit more palletable to more people (such as those Libertarians who are more socially liberal)who share many of "our" beliefs.

Since the three issues seem to be;

1) Abortion
    2) Homosexuality / Gay Marriage
    3) The War on Drugs

(4. For me - Eminant Domain)

Republicans (as Immanuel mentioned in the Comments thread) have done a poor job of representing the issues you seem passionate about. They certainly haven't made any progress in maintaining Conservatism in their platform. I mean look at the candidate they just ran. He is most certainly the most liberal Republican to ever reach the final ticket. He has been wishy washy on Abortion and clearly endorses Homosexuality since he addresses them in speeches. You voted for him I suppose (?).

Libertarians trump Republicans in my opinion on issues like taxation. We support Tax Reform in the way of either Fair / Flat tax. I think that resonates with almost every Republican on the planet yet I don;t hear Republicans hammering away at this issue (except Ron Paul who is really a Libertarian).

Republicans caved into the left with Medicare Drug benefits which as you know have cost us ten times more than originally predicted.

Republicans not only caved but literally instigated the biggest infringement into our social liberty with the interoduction of the Patriot Act. I don;t see that as being very friendly to personal liberty.

Maybe you could address some of these issues, I'd really like to see your opinions.

Take your time. 2012 is three years away.
    Last edited by emmett; 08-25-2009 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Hello my friend.

I have to agree that Republicans have failed miserably, they may never figure it out and I will in all likelihood leave the Republican Party. I was opposed to the Patriot Act because it gave to much power to the government to interfere in our lives, especially in the wrong hands. Laws that go beyond our Constitution are double edged weapons that cut both ways.

Might I vote for a Libertarian Presidential candidate, sure. Will I join the Libertarian Party, not likely, unless the platform changes. I would very likely vote for Beck. Beck/Nugent 2012 would be an interesting ticket.

I'm going to be looking very closely at the different parties in the coming months leading up to the next elections. I will be looking at the Constitution Party again to see if they have made the changes I see as necessary to join them. I almost joined the CP but they were affiliated with the Independent Party, had no representation here and picked the wrong candidate in Chuck Baldwin. Had they picked Judge Roy Moore and had he accepted I probably would have gone that route. Judge Roy Moore could have pulled the votes away from all sides and gave it a serious run I believe.

I voted for McCain yes but only because I saw the great evil coming our way in Barak Obama. Trying to defeat that great evil was more important than voting elsewhere for someone who had absolutely no chance of winning. Even a RINO like McCain would have been better than what we are now saddled with. Although Americans are getting to see the real Democrats right now in this Fascist Socialist President. Maybe this will turn America around and get us back on the right course.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello my friend.

I have to agree that Republicans have failed miserably, they may never figure it out and I will in all likelihood leave the Republican Party. I was opposed to the Patriot Act because it gave to much power to the government to interfere in our lives, especially in the wrong hands. Laws that go beyond our Constitution are double edged weapons that cut both ways.

Might I vote for a Libertarian Presidential candidate, sure. Will I join the Libertarian Party, not likely, unless the platform changes. I would very likely vote for Beck. Beck/Nugent 2012 would be an interesting ticket.

I'm going to be looking very closely at the different parties in the coming months leading up to the next elections. I will be looking at the Constitution Party again to see if they have made the changes I see as necessary to join them. I almost joined the CP but they were affiliated with the Independent Party, had no representation here and picked the wrong candidate in Chuck Baldwin. Had they picked Judge Roy Moore and had he accepted I probably would have gone that route. Judge Roy Moore could have pulled the votes away from all sides and gave it a serious run I believe.

I voted for McCain yes but only because I saw the great evil coming our way in Barak Obama. Trying to defeat that great evil was more important than voting elsewhere for someone who had absolutely no chance of winning. Even a RINO like McCain would have been better than what we are now saddled with. Although Americans are getting to see the real Democrats right now in this Fascist Socialist President. Maybe this will turn America around and get us back on the right course.

And a top of this wonderful Sunday evening to you sir.....

Finally a post where the issues of Abortion and Homosexuality didn't highlight your opinion on this issue.

I have to say that the occurances of the past few days should have encouraged all to understand exactly what my point has been. Between 1 and 2 million Americans converging on Washington in a protest of the way government is railroading the liberty and rights of people to be properly represented by their elected officials.

Then again...someone could say.....ONLY 1 or 2 million couldn't they? Well...actually...no they can't. Those folks (mostly Libertarian as I am sure you will agree, not party Libertarian, fundamentally Libertarian) are sure stirring the shitpot. Glenn Beck, whom I am happy to know you would support, and I assure you would run as a Libertarian, would be a fantastic choice.

My point......it dosen't take a majority to win change, just a constant and dedicated minority if the cause is just. And..my friend...their cause IS just!!!

I was delighted to see the Ron Paul shirts all over the place and thought back to how Republicans called him a "kook" and how they made fun of him during the Rally for Liberty last year however I have to think that the major core of the folks on the mall were indeed his supporters from last year, along with other Conservative supporters, Libertarians and concerned Americans. Together, by uniting based on their common ground, NOT arguing over the parts they disagree on, they have sent the loudest civil message ever heard in the country on one given day in rebellion to a government that wishes to ram down our throats a policy that they unilaterally disagree with. I assume you and I would both be in that crowd if able yet we are here "debating" an issue, party affiliation and some topics we "disagree on.

Now my point would be this in closing. In order to accomplish a unilateral objective, would not these folks be wise to "vote" together to accomplish first the important objective first, then "debate" later to eliminate any "holes" in their collective philosophy?

We are in this mess because we failed in the past to properly support Liberty. As voters we allowed ourselves to think it was more important to "win" than to stand up on principle. This huge group of wonderful Americans has proven you don;t have to have a 51% majority to get attention. They cannot be ignored because they insist they cannot.

Liberty and Freedom of Choice must come first!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

And a top of this wonderful Sunday evening to you sir.....

Finally a post where the issues of Abortion and Homosexuality didn't highlight your opinion on this issue.

I have to say that the occurances of the past few days should have encouraged all to understand exactly what my point has been. Between 1 and 2 million Americans converging on Washington in a protest of the way government is railroading the liberty and rights of people to be properly represented by their elected officials.

Then again...someone could say.....ONLY 1 or 2 million couldn't they? Well...actually...no they can't. Those folks (mostly Libertarian as I am sure you will agree, not party Libertarian, fundamentally Libertarian) are sure stirring the shitpot. Glenn Beck, whom I am happy to know you would support, and I assure you would run as a Libertarian, would be a fantastic choice.

My point......it dosen't take a majority to win change, just a constant and dedicated minority if the cause is just. And..my friend...their cause IS just!!!

I was delighted to see the Ron Paul shirts all over the place and thought back to how Republicans called him a "kook" and how they made fun of him during the Rally for Liberty last year however I have to think that the major core of the folks on the mall were indeed his supporters from last year, along with other Conservative supporters, Libertarians and concerned Americans. Together, by uniting based on their common ground, NOT arguing over the parts they disagree on, they have sent the loudest civil message ever heard in the country on one given day in rebellion to a government that wishes to ram down our throats a policy that they unilaterally disagree with. I assume you and I would both be in that crowd if able yet we are here "debating" an issue, party affiliation and some topics we "disagree on.

Now my point would be this in closing. In order to accomplish a unilateral objective, would not these folks be wise to "vote" together to accomplish first the important objective first, then "debate" later to eliminate any "holes" in their collective philosophy?

We are in this mess because we failed in the past to properly support Liberty. As voters we allowed ourselves to think it was more important to "win" than to stand up on principle. This huge group of wonderful Americans has proven you don;t have to have a 51% majority to get attention. They cannot be ignored because they insist they cannot.

Liberty and Freedom of Choice must come first!
    I missed our little debate here in own little corner of the world, as I always enjoy your point of view even when we disagree. Which still needs to be pointed out is very little.

I'm very encouraged by what we saw the past few days and I am looking forward to seeing where this whole things goes. It will be very interesting to see what party arises out of this.

I was very impressed with the guy who asked the crowd to quiet down so that the CNN reporter could ask her question. He told the crowd that they didn't have to shout her down, it really showed the difference between those who love liberty and the left in this country. Personally I think it is quite telling the difference between how the sides protest. I'm surrounded by cars that have Obama stickers on them. I would never vandalize those peoples cars, however if I had any kind of political sticker on my car that they didn't like, my truck would get keyed, the sticker would be torn off and my truck would get trashed. Someone took my NRA life member emblem off my truck. Those on the left don't want free speech, they just wanna beat us into submission.

I haven't had a chance to watch the Glenn Beck show from Saturday yet but I am looking forward to it. I hope to sit down tomorrow and watch some of it.

I think these last few days have shown that average Americans have not given up on America. That the dream is still alive. I think this the best I have felt about the chance for our country in a couple decades.
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I missed our little debate here in own little corner of the world, as I always enjoy your point of view even when we disagree. Which still needs to be pointed out is very little.

I'm very encouraged by what we saw the past few days and I am looking forward to seeing where this whole things goes. It will be very interesting to see what party arises out of this.

I was very impressed with the guy who asked the crowd to quiet down so that the CNN reporter could ask her question. He told the crowd that they didn't have to shout her down, it really showed the difference between those who love liberty and the left in this country. Personally I think it is quite telling the difference between how the sides protest. I'm surrounded by cars that have Obama stickers on them. I would never vandalize those peoples cars, however if I had any kind of political sticker on my car that they didn't like, my truck would get keyed, the sticker would be torn off and my truck would get trashed. Someone took my NRA life member emblem off my truck. Those on the left don't want free speech, they just wanna beat us into submission.

I haven't had a chance to watch the Glenn Beck show from Saturday yet but I am looking forward to it. I hope to sit down tomorrow and watch some of it.

I think these last few days have shown that average Americans have not given up on America. That the dream is still alive. I think this the best I have felt about the chance for our country in a couple decades.
    Me too Crin, and it actually does lend something to our debate.....AND....as much as I am pleased to say....supports my side sir. Not that I think you wrong! It simply supports of of the very difficult point I was trying to make in some of the first posts, which I failed on at times to articulate properly which left you with what could have been a miscommunication on my behalf.

Example: I am certain that not all of those over 1 million citizens that congregated to demonstrate this past weekend were in agreement about every single thing on each's agenda. I'm sure many of them had your opinion of a strong religious based society of law, while mine were more liberal in that particular sense and while believers, think it necessary for each to choose his own way so long as it does not immediately infringe on another's liberty. The thing they all had in common was obvious and together they made quite an impression on both you, as you admit you feel better than you have in decades, and me, as I do as well. Hmmmm!

Sort of goes back to the point I made about finding common denominators first! Such as Liberty! Freedom! Choice! Rights! Smaller Government. These are Libertarian core beliefs. I'm sure I need not explain that to you as I have never meant to say you did not understand that. My point has always been to accuse you of being slightly narrow on the religious end and that I felt it was a violation of one's liberty to allow people to decide for others how they should live. That creates BIGGER government and goes against everything liberty stands for. Liberty is not elastic Crin, you can't have Liberty in a country where any sect, Christian or otherwise, has the ability to tell others how to live.

This does meran to suggest that I do not think it is right. I simply refuse to compromise on a belief that Liberty comes first. Absolute Liberty....not a watered down version but real true liberty.

Again...I repeat that in a perfect society there would be no homosexuality or abortions as far as I am concerned.

The folks we saw over the weekend had one thing in common....what was it?

That is my point! AND......they made theirs together while I am sure there differences among them of some regard.