Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And I agree with much of what you say, but when you get right down to it: power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Money does as well... every one of those who would magically end up in power over night would be subject to corruption and I honestly do not believe that most humans (including me) can withstand the temptation of enough "offers" coming their way.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are right.....power does corrupt. Whether Libertarians would be as prone to follow that road I guess leaves left to be seen. I would certainly hope they wouldn't mirror the crap we have now.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post
    You are right.....power does corrupt. Whether Libertarians would be as prone to follow that road I guess leaves left to be seen. I would certainly hope they wouldn't mirror the crap we have now.
    As you can probably tell, I do not have a very high opinion of politicians of any ilk including those who appear to think like me. I think there are good people from all political walks of life, but when they get into politics things change. They simply can not prevent it from happening if they are going to be successful in politics.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    As you can probably tell, I do not have a very high opinion of politicians of any ilk including those who appear to think like me. I think there are good people from all political walks of life, but when they get into politics things change. They simply can not prevent it from happening if they are going to be successful in politics.

Immie

Agreed. There are some whom power was not ever able to corrupt. Zell Miller for example. While a Democrat, Senator Miller spent a lifetime serving in a manner unlike that of most politicians. He voted with his conscience, did not cater to a political party philosophy and in my opinion was honorable. I also believe Joe Lieberman to be an honorable man. Again a Democrat but he stands up for what he truly believes to be right.

I'm sitting here straining to try and think of any others I believe to be in that class but I am drawing a blank. I believe Harry Browne was true ion his intention to serve America but of course he is deceased now. A Libertarian.

So...come to think of it....you are right, they are all corrupt, dishonest power mongers. We should fire them all and start over by golly.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!