Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Dems scream "WE HAVEN'T BEEN BRIEFED!!!" on program shut down years ago

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...910179,00.html

Has anyone mentioned yet, that the reason this program hasn't been briefed to Congress, is because it was shut down years ago and not pursued?

I can see them briefing Congress: "Well, sir, nothing has happened on this program, becuase it hasn't existed for years."

Next month: "Sir, still nothing has happened with this program, because it is just as shut-down now as it was last month."

Next month: ......etc.

Immediately after 9/11, every govt agency including the CIA, explored ways of fighting back against Al Qaeda. This was one of them. Most proposals were rejected and shut down (including this one), and a few were put into action.

Apparently Democrats are dredging up everything they can, that they think they can make Republicans look bad with if they just exaggerate or leave out certain details.

Haven't they got anything better to do?
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...910179,00.html

Has anyone mentioned yet, that the reason this program hasn't been briefed to Congress, is because it was shut down years ago and not pursued?

I can see them briefing Congress: "Well, sir, nothing has happened on this program, becuase it hasn't existed for years."

Next month: "Sir, still nothing has happened with this program, because it is just as shut-down now as it was last month."

Next month: ......etc.

Immediately after 9/11, every govt agency including the CIA, explored ways of fighting back against Al Qaeda. This was one of them. Most proposals were rejected and shut down (including this one), and a few were put into action.

Apparently Democrats are dredging up everything they can, that they think they can make Republicans look bad with if they just exaggerate or leave out certain details.

Haven't they got anything better to do?
    Just another way to dis-credit republicans so that when 2010 does come, they can add up all their brownie points and tell the American people who they can really "trust"...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 9/12er View Post
    Just another way to dis-credit republicans so that when 2010 does come, they can add up all their brownie points and tell the American people who they can really "trust"...
    So the Republicans should answer them, no?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    So the Republicans should answer them, no?
    Yes and no - yes, because they really should be speaking up about the lies being pushed through as fact... No because this whole thing is juvenile and petty and they really shouldn't stoop to the liberal level...

I haven't quite decided which is a better solution.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 9/12er View Post
    Yes and no - yes, because they really should be speaking up about the lies being pushed through as fact... No because this whole thing is juvenile and petty and they really shouldn't stoop to the liberal level...

I haven't quite decided which is a better solution.
    Right, just allow them to smear, don't respond. Brilliant, but the high road. Gag me.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Right, just allow them to smear, don't respond. Brilliant, but the high road. Gag me.
    LOL - We spent 8 years trying to defend things about Bush - I've seen how that helps... this is the only reason I'm so torn about it...