Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default The vent

We need this! I know I need this some days. So go ahead VENT about jobs, life, kids or spouses..you name it except for board stuff.

GO!!!!!!!

PS..this is NOT INTENDED TO BE A DEBATE THREAD.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

OK here's a vent.

I went and saw HP and the Half Blood Prince today. The scenery in the movie is fantastic and fun to watch. What's going on in the background is much more interesting than the movie itself. But the movie is another highlights from the book deal. If you haven't read the book I expect you would not really have a clue about what is going on. Not to mention they waste a lot of time and footage on scenes that were never in the book. I can almost point out where the extended scenes will be added cause the editing was atrocious. Fortunately I didn't waste a lot of money on this. Buck and a half. Over all it was disappointing and definitely worth a vent.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am sick and tired of doctors who can do absolutely nothing to treat you but then turn around charge insurances hundreds of dollars for taking their time

Im even more annoyed with public servants who waste their times. Particularly district attorneys who are dishonest so they look good and judges who think they can do whatever the hell they want simply because they are on the bench.

Im also annoyed with myself for never following through with little projects i know need to get done. I need to just just grr. going to do some laundry.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I hung-up on a client today because he was being a total ass while I was trying to explain a problem I discovered in his case that will result in dismissal! An easy problem to fix...but Noooo this Idiot wants immediate minute details which I didn't have at the time, while on some cheap damn cell phone that was impossible to hear. He didn't care about the fix!

I'm still angry!

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 people at my job have been fired in the past few weeks, everyone is on edge it seems like alot of people are falling apart over the work pressures and calling in sick all the time, and then I have to pick up the slack and now they are requiring mandatory overtime for 4 weeks. Im annoyed at how some people are perpetually calling in sick and nothing is done about it and meanwhile me and a handful of other people have to cover everyones shifts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I hung-up on a client today because he was being a total ass while I was trying to explain a problem I discovered in his case that will result in dismissal! An easy problem to fix...but Noooo this Idiot wants immediate minute details which I didn't have at the time, while on some cheap damn cell phone that was impossible to hear. He didn't care about the fix!

I'm still angry!
    Im angry with you....I wish I could punch him in the nose and tell him to clean out his ear wax because you already explained the situation and its not your fault that he's a moron !!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

My husband is a financial adviser. He looks after people's money and gives them investment advice and the like.
    My husband does NOT work for the government, nor does have any say in policy decisions.
    So why do stupid people call up and bitch at him about the economy, or their investments losing money?
    Sorry, pisses me off.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    My husband is a financial adviser. He looks after people's money and gives them investment advice and the like.
    My husband does NOT work for the government, nor does have any say in policy decisions.
    So why do stupid people call up and bitch at him about the economy, or their investments losing money?
    Sorry, pisses me off.
    Yah that sucks Gabs. People need someone to blame. Happens all the time here at the hospital I am at. Just because I picked up the phone apparently I know every little detail or everything.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I frazzled, freaked, fried, and exhausted.

Since school got out 6/10 have been cleaning, schlepping stuff to storage, cleaning, throwing things out, cleaning, taking a 3 day class and writing paper, cleaning, shampooing rugs, cleaning, washing windows & walls, cleaning...

Today the realtor came for second walk through, putting on market next Friday. Need to buy interior doors in white and hang. He thinks it will sell within 3-5 weeks. Say a prayer! I'm about to fall over!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Kathianne that sounds more than a bit exhausting.
    I told my husband to take care in choosing a home. Because I do not intend to move again while I am alive and breathing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Kathianne that sounds more than a bit exhausting.
    I told my husband to take care in choosing a home. Because I do not intend to move again while I am alive and breathing.
    Thanks Gabby. Indeed, especially at my age. My sons couldn't understand how I could go like gangbusters for a day or two, then need a day to recoup. Truth is, this place 'got away from me.'

I moved in 14 years ago with my youngest in 5th grade. I was still going to court at least twice a month, because of the children and their dad. I was working 70-90 hours a week to pay the mortgage and tuition for two in parochial schools. I was still selling insurance for State Farm then.

Two years later, got 'this job', that I still have. Sort of cleaned up with that, working just one part time job then.

Then came my parents moving in. Along with a 24 hour nurse. 7 people in town home. Hospital bed in living room. At that time I doubled up the boys and I went to basement, my dad to 3rd bedroom.

A year later, daughter left for college, moved dad into her room, I moved upstairs to master bedroom, oldest son moved to basement. My mom still was in living room. Caretaker stayed with her on sofabed. Wheelchair, and commode in living/dining room. Curtains hung between to give privacy.

A few years later, mom had to go to nursing home, daughter and son in college. Down to 3 at home, but my dad was becoming ill. We had many good times, my mom and us before she became 'too sick', my dad after, but they were both ill for much of this time. Paramedics had our home down pat, could get here in under 3 minutes-good location. or perhaps ?

The day after my dad's funeral we found out my nephew had a brain tumor, while there have been many ups and downs, he's alive so we're happy. At the same time, not much was getting done around here, until I plum ran out of money to keep it going. I thank God that I got my kids raised and through school, now what happens for them is up to them. Please let me sell the house and make enough to have 'something' in the bank or under my mattress.

I was 'always' obsessive about cleaning, until it became impossible with hours of work and too many people. When my parents passed, well seemed too much to dig out from. Somehow I've now done so. I asked the realtor today if he smelled cigarettes? He said, "I just smell bleach and other cleaners." I've caught up.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow Kathianne you have had alot of responsibility !!!!!! It is understandable why you feel exhausted, my house is messy because I don't feel like cleaning ha ha. I feel sure that your house will sell and that you have earned the best times in life still to come. Now your kids are grown and you are free to do whatever you want. This is a time for you to really feel freedom & and individuality. I can't wait to see where life takes you, where you move to what your new place will be like, new job, new husband/boyfriend whatever......wink wink

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    Wow Kathianne you have had alot of responsibility !!!!!! It is understandable why you feel exhausted, my house is messy because I don't feel like cleaning ha ha. I feel sure that your house will sell and that you have earned the best times in life still to come. Now your kids are grown and you are free to do whatever you want. This is a time for you to really feel freedom & and individuality. I can't wait to see where life takes you, where you move to what your new place will be like, new job, new husband/boyfriend whatever......wink wink
    Thanks Chloe. I'm sort of bemoaning my losing it for so many years, yet standing in awe of how I was able to pull it together again. Will I be able to sell before bankruptcy? Please, Lord. So far haven't missed payments, but I'm going to have to tell creditors no more, until after 8/31, next time I get paid. If I can find a job in the next 2 weeks, that would be great, but not likely. So, I'll spend my time updating my resume and applying for the year after this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

My parents still live in a house intended for a family of four. I am convinced that the reason that they won't move to a smaller and more manageable place is that no one wants to deal with 30-plus years of my pack rat dad's accumulated belongings.

Between college, getting married and moving a couple of times, my husband and I have weeded our possessions to the bare minimum. My daughter has more than both of us put together and she has only been here a year. But I suppose that is the way it is supposed to be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Two very busy days so far this week..

I told someone to pay their bills today (long story she deserved it)..she said I should be more professional. I guess she wanted stroked for being a total IDIOT and opposing a court order!...Chit happens.
    Last edited by Mr. P; 07-28-2009 at 11:14 PM.

Above the Best