Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Default Two years ago today

Two years ago today, I joined this message board. After the collapse of the first political message board I joined (Political Nutshell), I found myself bereft of good political debate, light banter, and just all around good internet fun. At the urging of some members of PN whom I trusted, I joined USMB. For a couple of months I kept seeing people eluding to "another board" or "DP" or "the previous owner's new board." My curiosity piqued, I made inquiries, found DP, and joined. I must say, I have enjoyed every minute of my time here and look forward to more good times.

To those of you who came before me, thank you for making me feel welcome and making me feel like one of the family. Even you, Gabo.

To those who came after, thanks for adding your personalities to the board. Well, with two recent exceptions.

To Jim, thanks for providing a friendly community, most of the time, and an outlet for all of our bullshit. Don't sell this one.

Last edited by hjmick; 07-19-2009 at 10:14 PM.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sheesh, it's been two years already..

you've been a great addition hjmick..

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)