Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I think it is a great idea for the Bushies. The longer the troops remain in Iraq, the greater chance they have of getting killed. No muss, no fuss, no long term care to worry about, no extended benefits to be paid out.
    The Bush War gets deeper and deeper into the muck. Pretty soon, they will be kidnapping people off the street and sending them into combat.

I hope the Bushies know that they are sabotaging military recruiting with their continuing lies and misstatements. Who is going to join up when they know they could be stuck in combat indefinitely?
    Not that the Bush apologists care. They are just enjoying the continuing carnage.
    can you explain to me what the job descirption of the military is?

also, could you direct me to the recruitment numbers your statement that bush and co will be kidnapping people off the street would lead one to believe that no one is signing up....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

She can't explain what she had for breakfast unless it involves Bush hatred. I really don't understand where these people come from. They are real true America haters.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Gunny, your extreme silliness is always welcome. Not that you really care who lives and dies in Bush's War. Just as long as it continues indefinitely.
    I would not care if you and your ilk die in this war. Your al queda brothers are dying by the thousands now. Why don't you go join them?

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I would not care if you and your ilk die in this war. Your al queda brothers are dying by the thousands now. Why don't you go join them?
    I am not in favor of the war. Since you love the conflict, you are the one that should be in the Middle East. Of course, you aren't. Which is why you support the carnage. Because it doesn't involve you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am not in favor of the war. Since you love the conflict, you are the one that should be in the Middle East. Of course, you aren't. Which is why you support the carnage. Because it doesn't involve you.

gabby? I don't like gaffer as much as any lefty here, but at least gaffer stood up like a man when it was his turn to stand... unlike many here who just crawled away on their bellies...

IMO, He EARNED his hawk feathers...
    Lost your job? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your house? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your life savings? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your health care? Thank the republicans!
    Lost all Hope? Thank the republicans!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStripey1 View Post
    gabby? I don't like gaffer as much as any lefty here, but at least gaffer stood up like a man when it was his turn to stand... unlike many here who just crawled away on their bellies...

IMO, He EARNED his hawk feathers...
    Well said.

Thank you for serving our country gaffer.
    "Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows"
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    Well said.

Thank you for serving our country gaffer.
    Don't expect him to break out the beer and toast your support for his service... cuz it's not gonna happen...

I'll toast you for it tho...

Lost your job? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your house? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your life savings? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your health care? Thank the republicans!
    Lost all Hope? Thank the republicans!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I supported it when I was there, and I'd go back in a minute. Your opinion is based on your ignorance, and Berkeley-brainwashed loony political ideas.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStripey1 View Post
    Don't expect him to break out the beer and toast your support for his service... cuz it's not gonna happen...

I'll toast you for it tho...

Why should he? That token, "heartfelt", obligatory "thank you for your service" lefties toss out there to maintain their distance from the truth means exactly what in reality?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You and stripey both can kiss my nekid ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Why should he? That token, "heartfelt", obligatory "thank you for your service" lefties toss out there to maintain their distance from the truth means exactly what in reality?
    Us lefties are also veterans and even though my national wars are done forever I respect every person that chooses to put on the uniform of United States Of America. I realize most of them are much too young and too ignorant to understand the politics and discriminations that we discuss on this advanced level of studies of the dilemmas of humanity but I completely understand their committments and ideologies.

I don't think you have a fucking clue as to what it is all about. Do you? Either of you?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    You and stripey both can kiss my nekid ass.

Us lefties are also veterans and even though my national wars are done forever I respect every person that chooses to put on the uniform of United States Of America. I realize most of them are much too young and too ignorant to understand the politics and discriminations that we discuss on this advanced level of studies of the dilemmas of humanity but I completely understand their committments and ideologies.

I don't think you have a fucking clue as to what it is all about. Do you? Either of you?
    Psycho, can you post ANYTHING without proving you're a dork? Stripey IS a liberal, AND a vet..

I respect those who have served honorably for their service regardless their political ideology. Nor was my comment aimed at liberal vets who voice their opinions on the topic. They have a right.

My comment was aimed at those who think by saying "I support the troops" it's magically so, and negates their actions/behavior to the contrary.

Having served in every branch in every capacity from WWI to the present, I would think you of all people would get that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

If you support those who "honorably served their country," why do you still support Bush? As opposed to, say, John Kerry?

The current military is an occupation. It is not the same as in the early 20th Century, when the United States was still fighting valid wars. In the past 50 years, American presidents have picked and chosen their conflicts according to their whims. They then send American troops, who merely do what they are instructed to do.
    I don't see how Iraq is a valid conflict. You can't make a case for Iraq being a larger threat than other dictatorships. It was merely a personal grudge that Bush chose to settle by military force.

There are tons of very honorable professions in the current United States. The military is one of them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

If you support those who "honorably served their country," why do you still support Bush? As opposed to, say, John Kerry?

The current military is an occupation. It is not the same as in the early 20th Century, when the United States was still fighting valid wars. In the past 50 years, American presidents have picked and chosen their conflicts according to their whims. They then send American troops, who merely do what they are instructed to do.
    I don't see how Iraq is a valid conflict. You can't make a case for Iraq being a larger threat than other dictatorships. It was merely a personal grudge that Bush chose to settle by military force.

There are tons of very honorable professions in the current United States. The military is one of them.
    President Bush honorably served his country as did John Kerry, as far as the paperwork goes.

If you want to get into partisan accusations, I can forgive a slacker who did his best to slide through unscathed FAR easier than I will forgive one who demonized the men he served with lying before congress in order to give a jump start to a fledgling political career.

Going to say he didn't lie? Cool. Then, as an officer and gentleman serving in the US military he would be guilty of dereliction for failure to immediately "report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce;" which, DOES include criminal actions as specified by the UCMJ. Seem sit took him a few years to report the alleged violations, and he reported them to the media and Congress, not immediately to the next higher up in his chain of commad.

That, of course, kinda' tarnishes the "honorable" tag though. doesn't it?

I have never attempted to make a case that Iraq was any more a threat than "other dictatorships."

Neither have I contended that there are no honorable professions except serving in the military. Nor have I ever contended that military service is the only way one may serve the Nation. Seems you read a bit more than is there.

"Serving the Nation" comes in various forms. Just as doing the Nation a disservice does.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Bush served in the ANG and never propsed to be a hero. kerry sreved in the navy and proposed to be a hero and wounded, then proposed to be a war criminal. He also used the three wounds and your out rule to get out of Vietnam. He used the navy service as his kennedy method to get to the white house.

The current fighting in iraq is an occupation just as you say. We are occupying it to set up a government that can run the country and keep its citizens safe. We did the same thing in Germany and Japan. There was an insergency in Germany for ten years after the war ended.

As for picking and chosing war. I'd rather chose a war and take it to them than to sit back and wait for them to come to me. And be on a constant defense mode. That's how WW2 came about.

iraq had NOTHING to do with a personal grudge. It was the threat saddam posed to the world that brought about the invasion. The personal grudge bullshit is as appropriate as the war was started for oil. Silly nonsense.

Yes there are tons of non-military professions in the US that are very honorable. I have worked in a few of them. Most jobs are honorable. What's you point?