Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cat slave View Post
    LOL...yeah, they will grab anything...your face, whatever! Earring...wall...
    curtain.....
    I gave one a bath in an unfinished basement and had to pull him off the ceiling joists.

That particular cat was the best one that I've ever had and ever will have. He was wonderful with the kids, loved to be petted and brushed, killed every mouse in my house, wood shed and barn, ruled over the big dogs next door, delivered a headless snake to my door and an unharmed frog (from a pond 1/2 mile away) to my hand, and survived a bout with a fan belt after sleeping in the engine bay of my truck.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I gave one a bath in an unfinished basement and had to pull him off the ceiling joists.

That particular cat was the best one that I've ever had and ever will have. He was wonderful with the kids, loved to be petted and brushed, killed every mouse in my house, wood shed and barn, ruled over the big dogs next door, delivered a headless snake to my door and an unharmed frog (from a pond 1/2 mile away) to my hand, and survived a bout with a fan belt after sleeping in the engine bay of my truck.
    When I first found Herbie, he took it very well

Now I am not so sure how he would react

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    When I first found Herbie, he took it very well...
    That looks just like the cat I was describing: "Cinders". He had three hairs that were not black.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    1. Clip its claws.
    2. Change into your battle fatigues. Or, jeans, a long sleeve flannel shirt, fully buttoned, then a thick sweat shirt.
    3. Fill up the bathtub 4" deep with warm water.
    4. Get rid of the shower curtain and your wife's entire collection of shampoos, bath bars, brushes, razors, conditioners, and all those other unknown bottles that don't say "shampoo" on them. Don't uses a tub with sliding glass doors.
    5. Position a thick bath mat for your knees.
    6. Have everything else ready and in position: pet shampoo, large bath towel, washcloth, large plastic drink cup, and a friend who follows orders without talking back and doesn't mind getting wet.
    7. Go find the cat, carry it close to the body and grab the head firmly with your free hand.
    8. All three of you get into the bathroom and lock the door.
    9. Grab the back of the cat's neck with one hand and the two front legs with the other. Firm, authoritative grip.
    10. Put the cat in the water, ass on the bottom of the tub. Time will now speed up.
    11. Have your friend do all the washing; you do all the holding. Tell your friend and the cat what do do in an authoritative voice- do not panic or yell. Get the cat wet first by splashing water, using the drink cup. Then apply soap, and massage it in. Use the washcloth to clean its face and ears.
    12. Pre-rinse with the cup and bath water, then open the drain. Get more water from the sink and do a final rinse.
    13. Squeeze water off the cat's coat then transfer it to the bath towel, encasing it completely with the head sticking out.
    14. Dry the cat through the towel for a minute or so while time slowly gets back to normal pace.
    15. Let the cat out of the towel, then unlock the bathroom and let it out.
    Absolutely priceless!
    What are reparations? Making me pay
    for something I had nothing to do with compensates no one
    who suffered an injustice therefore I would be penalized for
    something I didnt do and someone else would receive a settlement
    for an injury they did not suffer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of the most difficult things to do! Cats are not fond of being wet and can get very aggitated when forced to get a bath!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HayesJr View Post
    One of the most difficult things to do! Cats are not fond of being wet and can get very aggitated when forced to get a bath!
    Mine also get very aggitated when the food bowl is near empty. or when I bring out the vacume to clean the carpets

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan