Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Esslingen View Post
    When I arrived at this board, the righties were in the middle of a flamefest that they somehow thought was appropriately posted in Current Events, not the Steel Cage. When they got their feet held to the fire, you should have seen them come up with every excuse in the book for flaming that member and trying to explain that I didn't know the whole story. For a Twilight Zone minute I thought I'd gotten dropped in the middle of the White House-lost emails-Gonzales-Congress dispute.

I've seen the mods here shitcan a member for posting contrary posts to the ones the mod posted. I've seen them excuse the blatent violators of the Reputation rules and do nothing over reported posts where members were abused and threatened. Partisan isn't the word I would use to describe them.

I hold little hope for anyone on the other side of the aisle to live within the spirit of the owner's request since they have not so far. I'll be happy to do my part... until they start in again with the personal attacks. (It's as predictable as night following day.)

What you consider a personal attack, and what actually IS a personal attack are two totally different things.. If someone calls you a lameass, and tells you that your views are twisted and lopsided, you're going to consider that a personal attack, whereas someone else may just consider it fact, and yet another person may just consider it an opinion.

You're also on a political board where free speech (much to your dismay, probably) is actually ALLOWED. That means in order for YOU to have it, you have to put up with it from others.

Before you "give up hope for anyone on the other side of the aisle", take a close look at the shit your own company is smearing on the window.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Esslingen View Post
    When I arrived at this board, the righties were in the middle of a flamefest that they somehow thought was appropriately posted in Current Events, not the Steel Cage. When they got their feet held to the fire, you should have seen them come up with every excuse in the book for flaming that member and trying to explain that I didn't know the whole story. For a Twilight Zone minute I thought I'd gotten dropped in the middle of the White House-lost emails-Gonzales-Congress dispute.

I've seen the mods here shitcan a member for posting contrary posts to the ones the mod posted. I've seen them excuse the blatent violators of the Reputation rules and do nothing over reported posts where members were abused and threatened. Partisan isn't the word I would use to describe them.

I hold little hope for anyone on the other side of the aisle to live within the spirit of the owner's request since they have not so far. I'll be happy to do my part... until they start in again with the personal attacks. (It's as predictable as night following day.)
    BVE is a jerk...BVE is a jerk...BVE is a jerk...BVE is a jerk...BVE is a jerk...
    BVE is a jerk...BVE is a jerk...BVE is a jerk...BVE is a jerk...BVE is a jerk...
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This fucking cracks me up, libs complaining about bias again, there is no bias on this board, nobody has ever been banned for opinions contrary to a mod.

Shut the fuck up, grab your sack and debate, if you get flamed take it like a man and move on, don't be a bunch of pussies even though that comes with the lib territory.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    This fucking cracks me up, libs complaining about bias again, there is no bias on this board, nobody has ever been banned for opinions contrary to a mod.

Shut the fuck up, grab your sack and debate, if you get flamed take it like a man and move on, don't be a bunch of pussies even though that comes with the lib territory.
    Hey OCA seems like you're carrying around a lot of anger and venting it on people here. What's the story are you Walter Mitty in real life or a henpecked husband? Happy people don't talk the way you do to others habitually. Once in a while it's funny but you are boring because you overdo it. Not everything requires a vehement commentary.
    Pork, good for you, bad for Muslims and Jews.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuc View Post
    Hey OCA seems like you're carrying around a lot of anger and venting it on people here. What's the story are you Walter Mitty in real life or a henpecked husband? Happy people don't talk the way you do to others habitually. Once in a while it's funny but you are boring because you overdo it. Not everything requires a vehement commentary.
    Give up on that one.. No matter what point you try to make to him about HIS method of delivery, and the way HE speaks to people, he will tell you it doesn't matter because he has carte blanche (directly from Jim) to say and do whatever he wants here.. So, best to just ignore him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    Give up on that one.. No matter what point you try to make to him about HIS method of delivery, and the way HE speaks to people, he will tell you it doesn't matter because he has carte blanche (directly from Jim) to say and do whatever he wants here.. So, best to just ignore him.
    My attitude towards these things is don't say anything on the web that you wouldn't have the balls to say to someone's face. And looking at his personality type it's almost certain that he's a poser. In reality he lets people push him around so he comes here and somehow thinks he can make up for that by being a foulmouthed hysterical punk.
    Pork, good for you, bad for Muslims and Jews.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welp people have threatned to beat me up and called me just about every name in the book. I don't mind though. Nothing personal just some internet fun. Smilies or fine but kinda gross.

As for the mods, totally biased nearly all conservatives and no people skills. dmps power tripping, I want a yes or no and there can be nothing else wont go over well on political boards. Wana know why, no one likes absolutes and want do just to be pissy after getting talked to like that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My attitude towards these things is don't say anything on the web that you wouldn't have the balls to say to someone's face. And looking at his personality type it's almost certain that he's a poser. In reality he lets people push him around so he comes here and somehow thinks he can make up for that by being a foulmouthed hysterical punk.
    Lol, couldn't be farther from the truth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Oh well!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No anger, Nuc....well except towards stupid people, i'm just foulmouthed gutter trash who don't give a shit and that makes me as happy as a clam.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisy View Post
    Whoooaaaa guys. There are a few Libs who have done some nasty things as well. Name calling,one liners are a big one.

I regrettably gotted sucked into it in one thread,and am not proud of what I said,or really the language I used. I won't do it again. Lets not blame just ONE side tho.

samantha-I have seen you on another board I think. online politics or something like that?Maybe US politics? I used to go over there and read a lot,never signed up tho. If it is you,I know you are a decent poster....just curious

I think jim has always been fair,especially compared to the like of DU. That is no partisan attack,but really,you can't even post there is you think a teency bit different than they do. Talk about extreme.
    Hi Krisy, yes that's me. Thank you for the compliment.
    "Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows"
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What you consider a personal attack, and what actually IS a personal attack are two totally different things.. If someone calls you a lameass, and tells you that your views are twisted and lopsided, you're going to consider that a personal attack, whereas someone else may just consider it fact, and yet another person may just consider it an opinion.

You're also on a political board where free speech (much to your dismay, probably) is actually ALLOWED. That means in order for YOU to have it, you have to put up with it from others.

Before you "give up hope for anyone on the other side of the aisle", take a close look at the shit your own company is smearing on the window.
    I disagree. A personal attack is clear. Calling someone a lameass is a personal attack. It doesn't matter if it is a fact or not. For example Stephanie only posts lameass stuff from what I've seen so far. Just one liner insults, laughing at posts about Harry Reid talking about our troops not having the proper equipment so their arms and legs get blown off, she posts giggles. On this thread she posts the same way, just look. If I call her a lameass, that's a personal attack, even though it is true.

A personal attack doesn't have to be false to be an attack. I doubt our founding fathers considered rude, mean, low class insults to be part of the free speech they stood for. In those days, manners were an important part of society.

When you have no good argument, no fact to debate with, nothing to say on the issue, you turn to attacking the poster.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    I disagree. A personal attack is clear. Calling someone a lameass is a personal attack. It doesn't matter if it is a fact or not. For example Stephanie only posts lameass stuff from what I've seen so far. Just one liner insults, laughing at posts about Harry Reid talking about our troops not having the proper equipment so their arms and legs get blown off, she posts giggles. On this thread she posts the same way, just look. If I call her a lameass, that's a personal attack, even though it is true.

A personal attack doesn't have to be false to be an attack. I doubt our founding fathers considered rude, mean, low class insults to be part of the free speech they stood for. In those days, manners were an important part of society.

When you have no good argument, no fact to debate with, nothing to say on the issue, you turn to attacking the poster.

If you truly consider that a personal attack, you have some VERY thin skin, and probably won't make it very far in life. I call it a sarcastic reply, and typically don't give it much more thought than that. I can show you what I consider a personal attack, and it's a far cry different than the term "lame-ass"..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you truly consider that a personal attack, you have some VERY thin skin, and probably won't make it very far in life. I call it a sarcastic reply, and typically don't give it much more thought than that. I can show you what I consider a personal attack, and it's a far cry different than the term "lame-ass"..
    A personal attack is an insult. It has nothing to do with discussing the issue. It doesn't matter if it's really crude, threatening and low class like this:

You know you are quick to go ad hominem motherfucker, you sure you want to go down this path with me you treehugging , polesmoking loving faggot.

I will fucking destroy you if this is where you want to go.
    You were around my balls with your tongue back then.
    Or just calling someone a lameass.

They are all personal attacks. The word you use in the personal attack doesn't determine if it is a personal attack. It's the act of personally attacking that determines if it is a personal attack.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    A personal attack is an insult. It has nothing to do with discussing the issue. It doesn't matter if it's really crude, threatening and low class like this:

Or just calling someone a lameass.

They are all personal attacks. The word you use in the personal attack doesn't determine if it is a personal attack. It's the act of personally attacking that determines if it is a personal attack.
    I posted my opinion in the thread wherein the same quote you used of OCA's is located..(I used it as well)..

So, if you're a non-smoker, and someone blows smoke in your direction, would you consider that a personal attack?