Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    I posted my opinion in the thread wherein the same quote you used of OCA's is located..(I used it as well)..

So, if you're a non-smoker, and someone blows smoke in your direction, would you consider that a personal attack?
    Do you know what a strawman argument is?
    "Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows"
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStripey1 View Post
    Quite true, but when you're in a right wingers' haven, what do you expect? Intelligent discourse? Nonpartisan moderators?

yeah? Can I interest you in a nice brrrrridge? It's the middle span of the Car Queen Ez... annnnnnnnnd I can get it for you cheap...

interested?
    Interesting. Seems this board was cruising along quite nicely until a sudden influx of rude as Hell liberal-type folks showed up and decided deflections, intellectual dishonesty and/or personal attacks the way to win an argument.

That's not to mention the time honored tradition of following up said lame posts with declarations ov victory, and getting two or three other libs to pile on and say "Yeah."
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Esslingen View Post
    When I arrived at this board, the righties were in the middle of a flamefest that they somehow thought was appropriately posted in Current Events, not the Steel Cage. When they got their feet held to the fire, you should have seen them come up with every excuse in the book for flaming that member and trying to explain that I didn't know the whole story. For a Twilight Zone minute I thought I'd gotten dropped in the middle of the White House-lost emails-Gonzales-Congress dispute.

I've seen the mods here shitcan a member for posting contrary posts to the ones the mod posted. I've seen them excuse the blatent violators of the Reputation rules and do nothing over reported posts where members were abused and threatened. Partisan isn't the word I would use to describe them.

I hold little hope for anyone on the other side of the aisle to live within the spirit of the owner's request since they have not so far. I'll be happy to do my part... until they start in again with the personal attacks. (It's as predictable as night following day.)
    Have you EVER been a member of a board where you DIDN'T cry bias and try to change the rules on your second post? Just wondering. Seems I've seen this act before.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Interesting. Seems this board was cruising along quite nicely until a sudden influx of rude as Hell liberal-type folks showed up and decided deflections, intellectual dishonesty and/or personal attacks the way to win an argument.

That's not to mention the time honored tradition of following up said lame posts with declarations ov victory, and getting two or three other libs to pile on and say "Yeah."
    There has been quite a few of them hasn't there?

Not all of them,but that desribes a few,definitely. I swear they act like DUer's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    What you consider a personal attack, and what actually IS a personal attack are two totally different things.. If someone calls you a lameass, and tells you that your views are twisted and lopsided, you're going to consider that a personal attack, whereas someone else may just consider it fact, and yet another person may just consider it an opinion.

You're also on a political board where free speech (much to your dismay, probably) is actually ALLOWED. That means in order for YOU to have it, you have to put up with it from others.

Before you "give up hope for anyone on the other side of the aisle", take a close look at the shit your own company is smearing on the window.
    Aren't you wasting your breath? I don't see that he's changed a word of his diatribe in 3 years. Same accusations, same whining.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    Do you know what a strawman argument is?
    have you insulted anyone since you came here?

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisy View Post
    There has been quite a few of them hasn't there?

Not all of them,but that desribes a few,definitely. I swear they act like DUer's
    I don't mind liberals. I think everyone should have one or two, but kept strictly on a leash.

Seriously, I don't care for ANY new members, right or left, who charge in here balls to the wall, without getting a feel for the board first, and start attacking people based on preconceived notions rather than doing their homework (reading a few threads) and then cryin glike titybabies when they get their butts handed to them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I don't mind liberals. I think everyone should have one or two, but kept strictly on a leash.

Seriously, I don't care for ANY new members, right or left, who charge in here balls to the wall, without getting a feel for the board first, and start attacking people based on preconceived notions rather than doing their homework (reading a few threads) and then cryin glike titybabies when they get their butts handed to them.
    Exactly.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Exactly.
    And here we have a fine example of a moderator egging on the kind of behaviour that the owner is asking to be stopped.

It's a lost cause on this board, apparently.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And here we have a fine example of a moderator egging on the kind of behaviour that the owner is asking to be stopped.

You're delusional. There is nothing whatsoever in Gunny's post that is considered a personal attack by anyone, except perhaps you.

One thing you can't do here is change the masses to suit you - you have no right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

gunny's post stated that people should be polite out of the gate.....rather than storm in guns blazin.....and if you decide to storm in guns blazzin....and you get pissed on for it don't cry about it....

abbey aggreed with that....

now which part of gunny's requested behaviour do you belive is wrong?

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A personal attack is an insult. It has nothing to do with discussing the issue. It doesn't matter if it's really crude, threatening and low class like this:

Or just calling someone a lameass.

They are all personal attacks. The word you use in the personal attack doesn't determine if it is a personal attack. It's the act of personally attacking that determines if it is a personal attack.
    Thanks for quoting me, makes me proud.

Seriously though, i'm equally adept at both ends of the field, if someone wants to be polite and just discuss an issue that is great but if some douchebag like loose wants to get muddy with me then I hope he brought a lunch and a change of clothes with him because I EXCEL at that end of the field, thats where I earn my paycheck.

The problem is polite debate, at least from libs is few and far between.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Egging on what? He's pointing out a truth about libs and she is agreeing with him, are not mods allowed to have opinions too?

This is coming from a former mod, and 99.9% of complaints we got wewre from libs crying when they got owned on an issue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you people can't see it, when it's right there in black and white, there's really no sense in my repeating it for you.

Thank you, come again.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you people can't see it, when it's right there in black and white, there's really no sense in my repeating it for you.

Thank you, come again.
    funny.....and you are claiming the high moral ground....

~Albert Camus