Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Obama: Republicans oppose govt Health Care purely for political gain (???)

This is one of the most bizarre things I've heard a President say since "Well, that depends on what the definition of 'is', is.", on national TV.

If we are to take him at his word, Barack Obama apparently believes that none of the people opposing his attempt to put the Fed govt in charge of some or all of Health Care, really care about the issue. They are doing it purely to put Republicans into majorities in government. At least, that's what Mr. Obama says.

Never mind that more and more of the opponents, come from his own party. Are the Blue Dog Dems trying to put Republicans in power too, Mr. President? Is Nancy "I can't pass Health Care without a Public Option" Pelosi, trying to put Republicans into majorities?

And never mind that he has never offered the slightest evidence of any of these opponents being instructed by Republican officials, or insurance companies, or any of the other sinister forces Democrats keep blaming. No actual examples of even a single protester being put on a bus by those dark conspirators.

Never mind that the only people seen being bused in to any Town Hall meetings, were members of ACORN who came to SUPPORT his schemes.

The idea that people are opposing his plans because they think it's fundamentally wrong for the Fed govt to get involved in providing health coverage, never seems to occur to Democrats. Or if it does, they are fleeing from it at full speed, tails clamped firmly between their legs, not daring to admit that maybe they are governing against the will of the people.

Democrats are developing a weird tendency to try to fix what isn't broken. Rather than trying to talk straight to the American people and persuade them why we will be better off with the govt running Health Care, they are ranting about sinister conspiracies that don't exist, insurance company payoffs that never happened, organizing efforts that the protesters have never seen, and the abject stupidity and churlish behavior of an electorate that is, in fact, more honestly concerned (not to mention more polite and better behaved) than the Democrats themselves are.

Why do the supporters of Health Care, all the way to the top, keep tilting at windmills rather than addressing the real problems of govt Health Care? Do they think they are getting any closer to their goal, by "fixing" problems that don't exist?

The only answer I can see, is because the Democrats know they cannot refute the points made by their opponents. And so they keep throwing out frantic denunciations and imaginary "conspiracies", trying to scare voters into backing their schemes. Could it be that explaining to the voters why their schemes are the best way to go, is not possible?

Judging from the way the Dems keep avoiding it like the plague, it's looking more and more likely.

Obama's latest announcement, of bizarre political motivations by his opponents rather than honest concerns, is just the latest in a long line of such avoidance of honest discussion. Will it ever stop?

Or is it all the Democrat have to offer?

---------------------------------------------------

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...health-reform/

Obama: Republican conspiracy out to kill health reform
    By Joseph Curl

Originally published 02:07 p.m., August 20, 2009,
    updated 03:07 p.m., August 21, 2009

President Obama took to the conservative airwaves Thursday to charge that Republican leaders are engaged in a vast right-wing conspiracy to kill health care reform in order to repeat the 1994 mid-term takeover of Congress, which followed the defeat of President Clinton's reform plan.

"I think early on, a decision was made by the Republican leadership that said, 'Look, let's not give him a victory, maybe we can have a replay of 1993, '94, when Clinton came in, he failed on health care and then we won in the mid-term elections and we got the majority. And I think there are some folks who are taking a page out that playbook," the president said.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    This is one of the most bizarre things I've heard a President say since "Well, that depends on what the definition of 'is', is.", on national TV.

If we are to take him at his word, Barack Obama apparently believes that none of the people opposing his attempt to put the Fed govt in charge of some or all of Health Care, really care about the issue. They are doing it purely to put Republicans into majorities in government. At least, that's what Mr. Obama says.

Never mind that more and more of the opponents, come from his own party. Are the Blue Dog Dems trying to put Republicans in power too, Mr. President? Is Nancy "I can't pass Health Care without a Public Option" Pelosi, trying to put Republicans into majorities?

And never mind that he has never offered the slightest evidence of any of these opponents being instructed by Republican officials, or insurance companies, or any of the other sinister forces Democrats keep blaming. No actual examples of even a single protester being put on a bus by those dark conspirators.

Never mind that the only people seen being bused in to any Town Hall meetings, were members of ACORN who came to SUPPORT his schemes.

The idea that people are opposing his plans because they think it's fundamentally wrong for the Fed govt to get involved in providing health coverage, never seems to occur to Democrats. Or if it does, they are fleeing from it at full speed, tails clamped firmly between their legs, not daring to admit that maybe they are governing against the will of the people.

Democrats are developing a weird tendency to try to fix what isn't broken. Rather than trying to talk straight to the American people and persuade them why we will be better off with the govt running Health Care, they are ranting about sinister conspiracies that don't exist, insurance company payoffs that never happened, organizing efforts that the protesters have never seen, and the abject stupidity and churlish behavior of an electorate that is, in fact, more honestly concerned (not to mention more polite and better behaved) than the Democrats themselves are.

Why do the supporters of Health Care, all the way to the top, keep tilting at windmills rather than addressing the real problems of govt Health Care? Do they think they are getting any closer to their goal, by "fixing" problems that don't exist?

The only answer I can see, is because the Democrats know they cannot refute the points made by their opponents. And so they keep throwing out frantic denunciations and imaginary "conspiracies", trying to scare voters into backing their schemes. Could it be that explaining to the voters why their schemes are the best way to go, is not possible?

Judging from the way the Dems keep avoiding it like the plague, it's looking more and more likely.

Obama's latest announcement, of bizarre political motivations by his opponents rather than honest concerns, is just the latest in a long line of such avoidance of honest discussion. Will it ever stop?

Or is it all the Democrat have to offer?

---------------------------------------------------

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...health-reform/

Obama: Republican conspiracy out to kill health reform
    By Joseph Curl

Originally published 02:07 p.m., August 20, 2009,
    updated 03:07 p.m., August 21, 2009

President Obama took to the conservative airwaves Thursday to charge that Republican leaders are engaged in a vast right-wing conspiracy to kill health care reform in order to repeat the 1994 mid-term takeover of Congress, which followed the defeat of President Clinton's reform plan.

"I think early on, a decision was made by the Republican leadership that said, 'Look, let's not give him a victory, maybe we can have a replay of 1993, '94, when Clinton came in, he failed on health care and then we won in the mid-term elections and we got the majority. And I think there are some folks who are taking a page out that playbook," the president said.

Democrats support Health care purely for political gain!
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the little Marxist is one of the whiniest person I have ever seen..

everyone is out to "get him"..so as we can see this bill is not about us and a care for our health care, it's about him as usual..

this bill needs to go into the toilet where the little Marxists approval ratings are now headed...that will be a victory for the "the American people"..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I guess he couldn't figure out a way to pin it on Bush.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

How many ConReps have stated that they want Obama to fail? A lot perhaps.
    No matter you spin it, hardcore ConReps are going to oppose ANY and ALL Obama policies and decisions. For purely political reasons.

If the Bush administration had proposed similar health care reforms, you guys would have already jerked a river in supporting it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    If the Bush administration had proposed similar health care reforms, you guys would have already jerked a river in supporting it.
    I can only speak for myself when I say, not I.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No matter you spin it, hardcore ConReps are going to oppose ANY and ALL Obama policies and decisions. For purely political reasons.

BS
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Sorry bout that,

1. I am for it.
    2. And I'm a Rep.
    3. There will be others, when it comes time for a vote.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    "At Times We Cry, At Time We Fly" ~CWN
    "See You Down The Road Man" ~ CWN

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Do you suppose Obama, Pelosi, Reid et. al. will ever say something like, "You know, there's just too many American citizens who don't want this kind of Health Care plan, and if we're going to truly represent them, we'll have to trashcan it and start working on tort reform, repealing tax breaks for employer-provided insurance so private insurance can compete on a level playing field, and figure out a non-intrusive way to get pre-existing medical conditions covered instead. You know, the things most American people actually want." ?

I know, I know, pigs will fly first, before any of them ever say that. But I have a dream.....
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com