Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Cheney, Republicans Blast Interrogation Probe

I was wondering when someoen would speak up over the Obama administration using this "probe of torture" to appease their kook base

So now telling a terrorist his wife and family will be killed is torture?

Placing a drill on a table next to him is torture?

How the hell will the Obama people question these terrorists? Say "Pretty please?"

I believe in this case, our people did nothing worng, and Obama is doing this to keep the far left loons in his camp as his poll numbers crash thru the floor

Cheney, Republicans Blast Interrogation Probe

WASHINGTON -- Top Republican senators said on Monday they were troubled by Attorney General Eric Holder's decision to begin a new criminal probe of past interrogation tactics used by the CIA during President George W. Bush's war on terror, and expressed concern it could hamper U.S. intelligence efforts.

A newly declassified version of a CIA report revealed Monday that CIA interrogators once allegedly threatened to kill the Sept. 11 attack mastermind's children and suggested another would be forced to watch his mother sexually assaulted.

The fresh crop of damaging revelations only intensified the long-running political fight about the secret interrogation program -- whether it protected the United States then, and whether spilling its secrets now will weaken the nation's future security.

Former Vice President Dick Cheney refuted Holder's decision, saying it "serves as a reminder, if any were needed, of why so many Americans have doubts about this administration's ability to be responsible for our nation's security."

Cheney told The Weekly Standard, a conservative journal, "The activities of the CIA in carrying out the policies of the Bush Administration were directly responsible for defeating all efforts by Al Qaeda to launch further mass casualty attacks against the United States. The people involved deserve our gratitude. They do not deserve to be the targets of political investigations or prosecutions."

Holder said Monday he had chosen a veteran prosecutor, John Durham, to open a preliminary investigation to determine whether any CIA officers or contractors should face criminal charges for crossing the line on rough but permissible tactics. Durham already is investigating the destruction of CIA interrogation videos.

At the same time, President Barack Obama ordered changes in future interrogations, bringing in other agencies besides the CIA under the direction of the FBI and to be supervised by his own national security adviser. The administration pledged that questioning would be controlled by the Army Field Manual, with strict rules, and said the White House would keep its hands off the professional investigators doing the work.

Despite the announcement of the criminal probe, White House aides declared anew that Obama "wants to look forward, not back" at Bush-era tactics.

White House officials said they plan to continue the controversial practice of rendition of suspects to foreign countries, though they said that in future cases there would be greater safeguards to ensure such suspects are not tortured.

Monday's five-year-old report by the CIA's inspector general, newly declassified and released under a federal court's orders, described severe tactics used by interrogators on terror suspects after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Seeking information about possible further attacks, interrogators threatened one detainee with a gun and a power drill, choked another and tried to frighten still another with a mock execution of another prisoner

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ogation-probe/

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Now we know these interrogations did stop attacks - just as VP Cheney said they did

So why in the hell does Obama want to stop them, and try to make nice to the terrorists?

CIA Releases Documents Fmr. Vice President Cheney Requested Be Made Public

Now Public: Memos That Cheney Says Demonstrate Harsh Interrogation Tactics Worked to Thwart Terrorism

The CIA released the documents today that former Vice President Dick Cheney requested earlier this year in an attempt to prove his assertion that using enhanced interrogation techniques on terror detainees saved U.S. lives.

The documents back up the Bush administration's claims that intelligence gleaned from captured terror suspects had thwarted terrorist attacks, but the visible portions of the heavily redacted reports do not indicate whether such information was obtained as a result of controversial interrogation techniques, such as waterboarding.

Cheney's initial request in the spring that the documents be declassified was rejected by the CIA. Lawmakers derided his claims that the harsh interrogation techniques were necessary. Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., the chair of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said in a May 27 speech that "those classified documents say nothing about numbers of lives saved, nor do the documents connect acquisition of valuable intelligence to the use of abusive techniques."

The Department of Justice is compiling a list of documents, to release later this evening, related to a 2004 CIA Inspector General report on enhanced interrogation techniques that was released today. The two documents that Cheney requested will be part of that release, but were made public early by the CIA.

One of the CIA documents, entitled "Detainee Reporting Pivotal for the War Against al-Qaeda," and written June 3, 2005, says "detainee reporting has become a crucial pillar of U.S. counterterrorism efforts, aiding intelligence and law enforcement operations to capture additional terrorists, helping to thwart terrorist plots, and advancing our analysis of the al-Qaeda target."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=8403694

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

these people are a danger to us and our country...we better pray we don't have another 9/11...we need to pray for our troops overseas also..

this administration makes me sick
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    these people are a danger to us and our country...we better pray we don't have another 9/11...we need to pray for our troops overseas also..

This is border line treason what they are doing to the securty of this nation, our troops, and the folks who get this info from terrorists that have SAVED LIVES

If we do have another 9-11, the left will NOT blame the terrorists, Obama, or Holder

They WILL blame Bush however

Obama will issue statement where he will say "these are not the Muslims I knew"

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The worst part of all this is that while they are setting up recriminations against the hardworking agents who were doing their jobs, they are also not fessing up about the true agenda of Radical Islamics around the world. I am not talking about average people who practice Islamic faith, but the radicals that make up Al-Queda, Taliban, Hammas and so forth....

American's just really don't know the truth, but the truth is out there....

http://www.thirdjihad.com

http://www.obsessionthemovie.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Although this is a very serious thing the administration is doing, in my opinion, the timing of it is set to distract the public from the Town Hall meetings and Obama's failing popularity. It's a way to dilute the media coverage.....and it part of the "overwhelm" tactic of community organizers. Kept people unbalanced and end rush them to get something, anything, passed.

As long as the administration keeps pounding us with crisis after crisis, they think they will wear us down and our will to weather the storm will erode and they will get their way.

Personally, I can't get over the look of absolute astonishment and disbelief on their faces when someone stands up and calls them "bald faced liars" who are out to screw everyone. I want to keep seeing that look of complete surprise.....sort of like the surprise you see on someone face when a "supposedly tame" animal reverts back to their nature and tries to kill them. What? How can that be....we've been spoon feeding it for so long, how can it now bite me?!!!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm glad that squirting water down the nose of terrorists, that would cut my head off, saved lives

Meanwhile, Obama is releasing terrorists back into the war zone that were caught throwing grenades at the men dying to secure our freedom.

I guess Obama thinks a sunny day on the White House lawn, a six-pack of Bud Light and a "skilled interrogator" might do the job better

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Are people finally starting to wake and are seeing the real Obama?

75% Worried That Gitmo Closing Will Set Dangerous Terrorists Free

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Seventy-five percent (75%) of U.S. voters are at least somewhat concerned that dangerous terrorists will be set free if the Guantanamo prison camp is closed and some prisoners are transferred to other countries. Fifty-six percent (56%) are very concerned.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that just 24% are not concerned about the potential danger.

Support for the president’ s plan to close the prison camp for suspected terrorists at the Guantanamo Naval Base in Cuba continues to erode. It’s been steadily dropping since Obama announced the camp closure just after taking office in January. Only 32% of voters now favor closing the prison camp, down six points from May and down 12 points since the President announced his decision in January.

Fifty-five percent (55%) now oppose closing the prison, with 13% not sure. In January, just after the president announced his decision, just 42% were opposed

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...errorists_free

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Isn't it amazing how Obama can be so forgiving of people's past "mistakes", like William Ayers, Rev Wright, and Von Jones' radical pasts. Yet when it comes to former Republicans and other patriots in the CIA, throw the book at them!!! (even if no crime was actually commited).
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Even the NY Times admits that crucial information was gained, that resulted in preventing attacks and saving lives.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/25/us...33a&ei=5087%0A

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So does this mean when the conservatives regain control of the white house and congress the advisors to the dark lord will all be prosecuted. Nothing like setting precedence.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe I have forgotten some of what I learned in school, but I was under the impression that revealing top secret documents pertaining to national security matters was considered an act of treason.
    Treason defined:
    1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
    2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
    3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

I downloaded a copy of the file from the site Kathianne posted and there are numerous instances where it mentions that those who acted contrary to standard procedure were disciplined. In fact, the document looks exactly like a summary of an investigation that has already been conducted and it highlights action that has already been taken. I am very confused....the public needs to know this now because....why?

I also wonder who is garnering the terrorists and smacking them on the back of the hand with the big wooden rulers for all the beheadings and the torture they have doled out. Oh wait....that's right....we are talking about people who beat their women in public.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful HoneyBee View Post
    Maybe I have forgotten some of what I learned in school, but I was under the impression that revealing top secret documents pertaining to national security matters was considered an act of treason.
    Treason defined:
    1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
    2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
    3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

I downloaded a copy of the file from the site Kathianne posted and there are numerous instances where it mentions that those who acted contrary to standard procedure were disciplined. In fact, the document looks exactly like a summary of an investigation that has already been conducted and it highlights action that has already been taken. I am very confused....the public needs to know this now because....why?

I also wonder who is garnering the terrorists and smacking them on the back of the hand with the big wooden rulers for all the beheadings and the torture they have doled out. Oh wait....that's right....we are talking about people who beat their women in public.
    Libs only want to protect the rights of liberals. When it comes to free speech, they only want to protect their right to liberal speech

Even when it means releasing and publishing classified information in the liberla media that will help our enemies

When it comes to other rights, like the 2nd Amendment - well there needs to be limits set by government

When it comes to open expression of Religion - well there must be limits as to not to "offend" people

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

common steph, tell us how you really feel

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post

I Believe in love, personal liberty, and less government/more non profits

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    common steph, tell us how you really feel

I would like to know where the our resident anti war, Bush/Cheney libs are. So far they have ignored this thread that made them look even more foolish then we knew they were

Ronald Reagan