Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arrow This is going to hit the news in the morning.....

Kucinich to Receive Appeal for Redress from Active Duty Service Members
    For Immediate Release:
    Friday, January 12, 2007

(202) 365-1040 (C)

WASHINGTON, DC -- Congressman Dennis J. Kucinich (D-OH) will receive an Appeal for Redress from active duty service members and veterans on Tuesday, January 16, 2007, at 11:00 a.m. on the steps of the Cannon House Office Building.

An appeal for redress is a way for individual service members to appeal to Members of Congress to urge an end to the U.S. military occupation.

More than 1,000 service members have signed the appeal for redress. It is sponsored by active duty service members based in the Norfolk area and by a sponsoring committee of veterans and military family members. The sponsoring committee consists of Iraq Veterans Against the War, Veterans For Peace and Military Families Speak Out.

Kucinich has been an adamant opponent of the war. He led the effort to challenge the Administration's war in Iraq. In advance of the Iraq war resolution in Congress, he organized 126 Democrats, two-thirds of the House Democratic Caucus, to vote against the resolution.

This week, Kucinich introduced a Sense of Congress resolution in the House of Representatives, urging the President not to order an escalation in the total number of troops serving in Iraq. The resolution has 26 cosponsors.

"There is a compelling need for a new direction in Iraq, one that recognizes the plight of the people of Iraq, the false and illegal basis of the United States' war against Iraq, the realities on the ground which make a military resolution of the conflict unrealistic, and the urgent responsibility of the United States to use the process of diplomacy and international law to achieve stability in Iraq."
    http://www.appealforredress.org/php/pressroom.php

It's already been on FR and DU......Get ready folks....
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't wait for the chickenhawk pompom waving members of the fighting keyboardist brigade to label those servicemen who are seeking redress as cowards and traitors...

get ready folks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    I can't wait for the chickenhawk pompom waving members of the fighting keyboardist brigade to label those servicemen who are seeking redress as cowards and traitors...

get ready folks.
    Let's not forget the left wing I-am-a-patriot-because-I-oppose-war, lose-o-phile, peace-through-appeasement-types to sit in judgement of them.

Remember folks, the only ones that have a right to say anything about the war are those who fought, those who have family fighting and those opposed to the war... those of us who support the war are supposed to remain silent....

That's the Left's idea of free speech --- you're entitled to their opinions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Let's not forget the left wing I-am-a-patriot-because-I-oppose-war, lose-o-phile, peace-through-appeasement-types to sit in judgement of them.

Remember folks, the only ones that have a right to say anything about the war are those who fought, those who have family fighting and those opposed to the war... those of us who support the war are supposed to remain silent....

That's the Left's idea of free speech --- you're entitled to their opinions.

not true.... I am a patriot, not because I oppose the war, but because I served my country for a quarter of a century in uniform. Like it or not, that does give me some degree of "standing".

YOu are certainly entitled to your opinion.... and I was only commenting that your opinion would probably be that those service members who are seeking redress are cowards and traitors.

I was right, wasn't I?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

not true.... I am a patriot, not because I oppose the war, but because I served my country for a quarter of a century in uniform. Like it or not, that does give me some degree of "standing".

YOu are certainly entitled to your opinion.... and I was only commenting that your opinion would probably be that those service members who are seeking redress are cowards and traitors.

I was right, wasn't I?
    Since you fancy yourself a mind reader, I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 1,000,000,000 ... when you can tell me which number that is, you've earned the right to make presumptions about those who don't agree with you in this regard.

I also like to ask, since you served, how you felt when you were standing in harm's way (if you ever did) while others here in the States were doing things to embolden those that were taking shots at you. For instance, when Jane Fonda visited the North Vietnamese. I don't imagine that you would appreciate it.

Also, I wonder, why Kucinich does something like that so publicly, could it be for political gain? Not all who oppose the war do so for altruistic reasons.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought that Jane Fonda crossed the line...but I NEVER begrudged Americans from protesting the Vietnam war.... and I never begrudged Americans from protesting our military involvement anywhere on the globe. Those people who say that dissent in America emboldens our enemies are playing to the worst in us.... we, as a country, pride ourselves in our freedom of speech and the rapidfire raucous exchange of ideas.... if America were a country where no one felt safe to criticize stupid decisions on the part of our government just because those decisions involved folks in uniform.... this wouldn't BE the America I served.

And if you will note my previous post, I asked a question, and did not make a statement. If I wasn't right, all you have to do is say so. I certainly do not fancy myself a mindreader....I merely asked a question.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

get ready folks.
    Actually less than 1% of the troops protesting means that 99% still support us being there. A sure sign that morale is great ! Hopefully they don't expect anyone to be impressed by these numbers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

get ready folks.
    Actually, this method of airing their dissension is legal as far as I an tell. As such, more power to them. The ones I label as cowards and traitors are those who choose to use illegal means.

That said, I do think Kucinich is doing a bit of political grandstanding here. Nothing new about a politician grandstanding though.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CockySOB View Post
    Actually, this method of airing their dissension is legal as far as I an tell. As such, more power to them. The ones I label as cowards and traitors are those who choose to use illegal means.

That said, I do think Kucinich is doing a bit of political grandstanding here. Nothing new about a politician grandstanding though.
    oh I agree.... their methods are legal as can be....I just question the ethics of people who are too afraid to fight themselves calling into question the courage of those who do and who have.

More power to them? Well...I think that the voters took a bit of that power away, actually, by reducing them to the minority in both houses of congress.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oh I agree.... their methods are legal as can be....I just question the ethics of people who are too afraid to fight themselves calling into question the courage of those who do and who have.

More power to them? Well...I think that the voters took a bit of that power away, actually, by reducing them to the minority in both houses of congress.
    Please----this "logic" of " If you aren't _______ you can't say any thing about ______, is bullshit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have never said that they could not speak...of course they can speak....I just question their ethics.... am I not allowed to do that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK, ya lost me. When I said "More power to them" I was referring to the military personnel past and present who have enjoined this Appeal for Redress. How do you figure that reduces these military personnel to minority status in Congress (representation is the only think I could surmise)?
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CockySOB View Post
    OK, ya lost me. When I said "More power to them" I was referring to the military personnel past and present who have enjoined this Appeal for Redress. How do you figure that reduces these military personnel to minority status in Congress (representation is the only think I could surmise)?
    my statement referred to chickenhawks and not to military personnel seeking redress.....

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

get ready folks.
    They aren't cowards - they are idiots. Nobody with a modicum of rational thought would consider the war 'illegal'. Seriously. EVERYONE who thinks the war is 'illegal' MUST NOT have proper, normal cognitive skills. I'd wager a large portion of those folk would have some degree of mental illness.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

get ready folks.
    Servicemembers are as entitled to oppose the war as anyone else. It is also within their rights to present their grievances to their Congressperson.

The questions I have are:

Is Kucinich the representative of each and every servicemember?

Are these servicemembers going to make political statements in uniform in public?

It seems obvious this is a publicity ploy on the part of Kucinich. If teh servicemembers make political statements in public in uniform they can be nailed for it.

I'm just wondering if Kucinich and each and every servicemember is aware of this.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke