Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Stop me if this sounds too simplistic, but, I assume this thread was created to show 'look what the dems will do (i.e. "go nuclear") to get this bill passed!' and yet in this thread you guys have been mocking dems for NOT (as of yet) forcing this through?!?!
    That train of thought is surly madness, or at the very least purile.
    More like poitning out the double standards of the left.

The Dems and their allies in the liberal media went nuts when Republicnas siad they might use the "nuclear option" to get USSC picks thru the Senate

They ranted and raved about the "Tierney of the Majority" and minority rights of the Dems

Bottom line is, Dems are ready to give a slap in the face and a one finger salute to a majority of voters who are opposed to Obamacare, and Dems who are worried about the government takeover of the healthcare industry

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    not so.

I'll vote for democrats as long as their platform encompasses more of my personal core beliefs than the republican platform does.

and until that day, I will vote for democrats with a vengeance because I KNOW that politics is a team sport and only when your team is in the majority can you get anything of substance accomplished
    Either that's a lie or calling yourself a Yellow Dog Democrat is a lie. Take your choice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Either that's a lie or calling yourself a Yellow Dog Democrat is a lie. Take your choice.
    MM's Pledge of Allegiance

"I pledge allegiance to the Democrat Party and whatever right they choose to grant me. And to the diversity, in which our nation stands, one nation, under Democrat rule, with welfare programs, higher taxes, and abortions on demand for all."

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    More like poitning out the double standards of the left.

The Dems and their allies in the liberal media went nuts when Republicnas siad they might use the "nuclear option" to get USSC picks thru the Senate

They ranted and raved about the "Tierney of the Majority" and minority rights of the Dems

Bottom line is, Dems are ready to give a slap in the face and a one finger salute to a majority of voters who are opposed to Obamacare, and Dems who are worried about the government takeover of the healthcare industry
    righto, two questions;
    Do you support the Dems option to go nuclear?
    Do you support the right of the majority party to force their policy on the minority?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Stop me if this sounds too simplistic, but, I assume this thread was created to show 'look what the dems will do (i.e. "go nuclear") to get this bill passed!' and yet in this thread you guys have been mocking dems for NOT (as of yet) forcing this through?!?!
    That train of thought is surly madness, or at the very least purile.
    Read up on real American history Noir and you'll understand this perfectly. The Democrats hate the free market system and by extension, the Constitution that severely limits the power of the federal government. They are the Party of Slavers and fought a Civil War against Republicans to keep their way of life. When they get in power they immediately abuse the Constitution and this health care scheme is simply the latest example.

The majority of Americans love their Constitution and mistrust the federal government.

So one of three things are going to happen:

1. The Democrats will back off and it will be politics as usual.
    2. The Democrats will ram this down our throats and face the wrath of voters in 2010 and 2012.
    3. The Democrats will ram this down our throats and screw the voters in 2010 and 2012 by manipulating elections, erupting the country into a second civil war.

Personally I prefer options 2 or 3.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

You prefer options 2 or 3?
    Weirdo.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

righto, two questions;
    Do you support the Dems option to go nuclear?
    Do you support the right of the majority party to force their policy on the minority?
    I find it amazing libs like yourself have no prblem with the double standards, and flip flopping the Dems are doing now

Seems they wanted the rules enforced when they were out of power - now that they are in power - screw the rules

As I said, I would like to see libs continue to show their arrogrance and contempt for the voters. It will only help in 2010

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

You prefer options 2 or 3?
    Weirdo.
    Not at all. "Politics as usual" means a slow, incremental intrusion of the Federal government into every aspect of our lives. As a Patriot I'd rather see a revolution and not simply stop this trend, but beat it back into oblivion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not at all. "Politics as usual" means a slow, incremental intrusion of the Federal government into every aspect of our lives. As a Patriot I'd rather see a revolution and not simply stop this trend, but beat it back into oblivion.
    Don't let a single Republican vote for this. Let the Democrats have 100% ownership of it. That's where we have a problem with the likes of Snowe, Collins and McCain. They're always trying to cut a deal with the liberals.

Let the Dems own it, then when the people see what a disaster it truly is, they can punish the liberals at the voting booth.

They're trying to BS the RINOs into going along with it so they can say it was a bipartisan bill. No way.

Ronald Reagan

maine, for now.... Merida, Mexico in 2011
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't let a single Republican vote for this. Let the Democrats have 100% ownership of it. That's where we have a problem with the likes of Snowe, Collins and McCain. They're always trying to cut a deal with the liberals.

Let the Dems own it, then when the people see what a disaster it truly is, they can punish the liberals at the voting booth.

They're trying to BS the RINOs into going along with it so they can say it was a bipartisan bill. No way.
    and interestingly enough, Snowe and Collins always get reelected by huge majorities here in Maine. We like our republicans to be independent and ethical.... Margaret Chase Smith... Bill Cohen... and now these two.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

and interestingly enough, Snowe and Collins always get reelected by huge majorities here in Maine. We like our republicans to be independent and ethical.... Margaret Chase Smith... Bill Cohen... and now these two.
    So it shows you love RINO's who cave to liberals. What a shocker

But you went with Obama over the lefts "favorite" Republican

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I agree with SM... the democrats are shooting themselves in the foot by not cramming health care reform down the republican's throats.

we won the election... we have control of both houses of congress and the white house.... get 'er done.
    Another version of MM's pledge

“I pledge allegiance to the Democrat Party and all who hate America, and to the Republicans for which I can't stand, one nation without God, divisible, with liberty and justice for terrorists.”

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

neither is a lie.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

neither is a lie.
    You want fries with that whopper?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You want fries with that whopper?
    I said:

I'll vote for democrats as long as their platform encompasses more of my personal core beliefs than the republican platform does.

and until that day, I will vote for democrats with a vengeance because I KNOW that politics is a team sport and only when your team is in the majority can you get anything of substance accomplished

and I said I was a yellowdog democrat.

which one is a lie?