Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chesswarsnow View Post
    Sorry bout that,

1. Destroy the Nation, all over healthcare?
    2. Yeah that makes a lot of sense.
    3. This Nations built on compromise, those not in office need to learn its not thier turn, they lost the election.
    4. Now I am willing to do this, there is just so many people unable to do it these days.
    5. Joe Wilson being one, he would throw out the baby with the bath water on healthcare.
    6. I think hes an idiot!
    7. And should have his ass thrown out instead!

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    This is one instance of a Republican yelling at Obama during a speech in Congress. What about Pelosi, Reid, Boxer, Clinton & others that went in public interviews and press conferences and proclaimed GWB to be a liar? Does the requirement that an elected official act like an adult stop when they leave the capitol? If one can speak their mind behind someone's back to the press, why is it such a difference that the opposing party would say it to anothers face?

Also, let's not forget that Wilson was technically correct, and he stood up for the American people when he thought we were being lied to. This is why the Dems have since changed the language in the bill to ensure that illegals do not receive coverage.

What he did was in very bad taste, but if he is to be censured, or tossed out as you wish, then there is a very long line of Dems that should be tossed first before we consider Wilson.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

maine, for now.... Merida, Mexico in 2011
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I personally disagree with the reprimand from the house. No doubt, Wilson acted without the decorum that the chambers of government demand, but he DID apologize and Obama quickly accepted that apology. The democrats in the house should have let the matter drop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    I personally disagree with the reprimand from the house. No doubt, Wilson acted without the decorum that the chambers of government demand, but he DID apologize and Obama quickly accepted that apology. The democrats in the house should have let the matter drop.
    Agreed. I'm not completely absolving him, what he did was inappropriate and disrespectful, and deserving of the scorn he is receiving. But to punish him in such a manner, where many others were not over the years, seems a bit overboard to me. If anyone truly wanted and/or deserved an apology (after the one he gave to Obama), it should have been directly to his constituents.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

maine, for now.... Merida, Mexico in 2011
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Agreed. I'm not completely absolving him, what he did was inappropriate and disrespectful, and deserving of the scorn he is receiving. But to punish him in such a manner, where many others were not over the years, seems a bit overboard to me. If anyone truly wanted and/or deserved an apology (after the one he gave to Obama), it should have been directly to his constituents.
    I agree... it is endemic, I think, of the bitterness present in politics these days... and it goes back... probably as far as Watergate, if not further... the atmosphere is poisoned.

There was a time, not so very long ago, when the democratic senator and the republican senator from Maine were such good friends, that they collaborated on a fictional novel together. I don't see that level of collegiality in politics anymore and, quite frankly, I can't see a way to get back to that environment.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chesswarsnow View Post
    3. This Nations built on compromise, those not in office need to learn its not thier turn, they lost the election.
    to the contrary....this nation was built on the principle that some things should never be compromised....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    to the contrary....this nation was built on the principle that some things should never be compromised....
    Indeed. Letting the government boss the people around, without hearing them. Doesn't happen easily, but can come suddenly. Check out battle of Concord and Lexington. One was 'won', the other 'lost.'

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    I agree... it is endemic, I think, of the bitterness present in politics these days... and it goes back... probably as far as Watergate, if not further... the atmosphere is poisoned.

There was a time, not so very long ago, when the democratic senator and the republican senator from Maine were such good friends, that they collaborated on a fictional novel together. I don't see that level of collegiality in politics anymore and, quite frankly, I can't see a way to get back to that environment.
    For YOU to complain about the bitterness in politics is like Bill Clinton complaining about infidelity, or Al Capone complaining about the high crime rate in Chicago

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan