Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Clunker Math

I just got this email and wanted to share it

A vehicle at 15 mpg and 12,000 miles per year uses 800 gallons a year of gasoline. A vehicle at 25 mpg and 12,000 miles per year uses 480 gallons a year.

So, the average clunker transaction will reduce gasoline consumption by 320 gallons per year.

They claim 700,000 vehicles - so that's 224 million gallons a year. That equates to about 5.26 million barrels of oil. 5.26 million barrels of oil is about 1/4 of one day's US consumption. And 5 million barrels of oil costs about $350 million dollars at $75/bbl.

So, we all contributed to spending $3 billion to save $350 million.

They'll probably do a better job with health care though.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    I just got this email and wanted to share it

A vehicle at 15 mpg and 12,000 miles per year uses 800 gallons a year of gasoline. A vehicle at 25 mpg and 12,000 miles per year uses 480 gallons a year.

So, the average clunker transaction will reduce gasoline consumption by 320 gallons per year.

They claim 700,000 vehicles - so that's 224 million gallons a year. That equates to about 5.26 million barrels of oil. 5.26 million barrels of oil is about 1/4 of one day's US consumption. And 5 million barrels of oil costs about $350 million dollars at $75/bbl.

So, we all contributed to spending $3 billion to save $350 million.

They'll probably do a better job with health care though.
    Ya reckon if ya forward this to the messiah he might figure it out ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I doubt it

I would like to know much energy was consumed to produce the 700000 functional clunkers that they destroyed?

Not to mention a paid for vehicle. Now we have a bunch of people in debt when they had running paid for vehicles. I can see a ton of repos on the horizon.

Emmett should be doing better soon as the repo orders come in

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I doubt it

I would like to know much energy was consumed to produce the 700000 functional clunkers that they destroyed?

Not to mention a paid for vehicle. Now we have a bunch of people in debt when they had running paid for vehicles. I can see a ton of repos on the horizon.

LOL I bet Emmett was standing on the street corner telling all what a great deal this was, with in a year ol Emmett will be a millionaire, lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

LOL I bet Emmett was standing on the street corner telling all what a great deal this was, with in a year ol Emmett will be a millionaire, lol
    Repos, defaults, unemployment, and foreclosures and being highly stimulated by Obama's economic policies

How is that hope and change going for you?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Honestly this bastard has made it where I know run 7 days a week and am only averaging 3500 miles a week, I use to run 5 and a 1/2 days a week and get anywhere between 3500 and 5000 miles a week, seems the freight is now so cheap that we sit after every drop waiting for the broker's to come up on the price and then run all night to make the deliver on time,

The best part is there are those on here that will say hell he is only a lonely trucker, LOL, but guess where the money difference is going to be passed onto, you got it the consumer, LOL, so Ya'll can thank Obama

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I doubt it

It is just a matter of time before the whole vicious cycle re-runs itself. They're getting people into new car payment, new house payments, soon they'll inflate property values again and sell houses for more than they are actually worth (again). Wall Street will start swapping CDO's again and it will collapse all over again. This garbage is bound to be recycled unless someone with common sense steps in and stops it all.

I give it about three or four months before people start defaulting on their new auto loans, right about the time for Christmas shopping when people will overuse their credit cards and get in over their heads. If folks couldn't resist the urge to jump in with both feet, they'll be in hot water over their heads.

But, hey...good for Emmett. He may be able to enjoy the fruits of Obamanomics soon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful HoneyBee View Post
    It is just a matter of time before the whole vicious cycle re-runs itself. They're getting people into new car payment, new house payments, soon they'll inflate property values again and sell houses for more than they are actually worth (again). Wall Street will start swapping CDO's again and it will collapse all over again. This garbage is bound to be recycled unless someone with common sense steps in and stops it all.

I give it about three or four months before people start defaulting on their new auto loans, right about the time for Christmas shopping when people will overuse their credit cards and get in over their heads. If folks couldn't resist the urge to jump in with both feet, they'll be in hot water over their heads.

But, hey...good for Emmett. He may be able to enjoy the fruits of Obamanomics soon.
    Gee what are some other stupid ideas the Democrat/Enviromental wackos going to come up with next?

Obamacare and Cap and Trade come to mind

Don't forget the inevitable spike in used car prices. That should help the poor and middle class

Emmett please remember MY CAR IS PAID FOR

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Only if someone puts it on his telepromptor.
    What are reparations? Making me pay
    for something I had nothing to do with compensates no one
    who suffered an injustice therefore I would be penalized for
    something I didnt do and someone else would receive a settlement
    for an injury they did not suffer.