Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    I do not want my president to rubber stamp the recommendations of his generals.

It is sad that you do.
    Yea, you'd rather he rubberstamp the plans his self-appointed boobs with no military experience come up with.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

maine, for now.... Merida, Mexico in 2011
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful HoneyBee View Post
    To reiterate, one more time, again....no one is asking the man to rubber stamp anything; merely to live up to the commitments he made to the voters before he was elected.

Am I gonna have to go out and dig up more of those interviews he did where he was promising to take responsibility for Afghanistan....because I can do it and I will
    And if the situation on the ground changes, I take it that you really don't want him to reconsider his position? You want him to bull forward doing what he said he would do during his campaign regardless of how much the Afghanistan situation may have changed, by, say, a fraudulent election and a completely disillusioned population? Who cares, right? "Into the valley of death rode the six hundred!"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He should LISTEN to the advice of all of his advisors and, based upon their input and his own judgment, make the decision by himself. Isn't that what you would want ANY president to do?
    I'm sure he's spending countless hours doing a lot of "critical thinking" on the issue.

I have no doubt he will come up with an ingenius plan to lose the war. His whole campaign was built on the anti-war movement and he blasts the US in every international speech he gives (like today's). He detests the military, and everyone in the military knows it. He could care less if they lose in Afghanistan. He'll see it as a way to raise his poll numbers throughout the world.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    I'm sure he's spending countless hours doing a lot of "critical thinking" on the issue.

I have no doubt he will come up with an ingenius plan to lose the war. His whole campaign was built on the anti-war movement and he blasts the US in every international speech he gives (like today's). He detests the military, and everyone in the military knows it. He could care less if they lose in Afghanistan. He'll see it as a way to raise his poll numbers throughout the world.
    Are YOU in the military? Have you ever BEEN in the military?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are young men and women already on the ground in that hellhole, and six thousand more scheduled to be deployed before the end of this year. The generals have told him that they need more troops on the ground or the mission will be a failure.

It takes time to move troops.....I still say he needs to stop waffling, either pull them out and issue ultimatums or move them in using numbers significant enough to make a difference. He didn't say anything about taking off time to scratch his head and rethink the program throughout his campaign. He was elected because people thought he was decisive and surefooted. I'm not seeing that.....sorry....I'm seeing someone who is uncertain and lacking confidence so much that he thinks he has to hawk the happy friendly news show circuit to reconnect with his adoring public. His adoring public is shrinking....there are a few rare liberals who have kids stationed over there too.

here is another video from before the election.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3vpCBpTbEds&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3vpCBpTbEds&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

And if the situation on the ground changes, I take it that you really don't want him to reconsider his position? You want him to bull forward doing what he said he would do during his campaign regardless of how much the Afghanistan situation may have changed, by, say, a fraudulent election and a completely disillusioned population? Who cares, right? "Into the valley of death rode the six hundred!"
    What has changed? Other than his policies that have led to a worsening of what had gone before?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    What has changed? Other than his policies that have led to a worsening of what had gone before?
    had the election happened before he was inaugurated? had the incumbent president apparently stolen the election through fraud and completely lost the trust of his citizenry? Have you been in a "FLIPPING" cacoon for the past six months?
    Last edited by emmett; 09-23-2009 at 09:43 PM. Reason: "flipping" cartoon virgil

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

had the election happened before he was inaugurated? had the incumbent president apparently stolen the election through fraud and completely lost the trust of his citizenry? Have you been in a fucking cacoon for the past six months?
    LOL, you've got a serious case of 'excuse aplenty!'. He's responsible and we all know it, trust me, spin on MB will not cut it.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    LOL, you've got a serious case of 'excuse aplenty!'. He's responsible and we all know it, trust me, spin on MB will not cut it.
    you asked what had changed. I gave you an answer. Do you care to refute that, or just continue tap dancing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you asked what had changed. I gave you an answer. Do you care to refute that, or just continue tap dancing?

Virgil...

Did you hear what the general said, you know, the man Barack Obama said was more qualified to make those decisions than anyone in the United States military? Did you actually hear what he said. He said we would fail. Now that is change too because up until now our military has been very successful.

When a surge was called for in Iraq, YOU (and yes you did) and your liberal friends said it would not work and was not needed. You critisized Bush, called him all kinds of shit, and were ....WRONG!

You are wrong again. Spin it, twist it and spin some more "SIR", but the general said we need the troops to be successful, it looks bad that Barry does not have more confidence in his people....

Wait a minute...whaty am I saying? You know what? You could be right....based on the job performance of the some of the other shit he has appointed, Van Jones, etc,... tax cheats,...liars,...... maybe I need to look at this again.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post
    Virgil...

Did you hear what the general said, you know, the man Barack Obama said was more qualified to make those decisions than anyone in the United States military? Did you actually hear what he said. He said we would fail. Now that is change too because up until now our military has been very successful.

When a surge was called for in Iraq, YOU (and yes you did) and your liberal friends said it would not work and was not needed. You critisized Bush, called him all kinds of shit, and were ....WRONG!

You are wrong again. Spin it, twist it and spin some more "SIR", but the general said we need the troops to be successful, it looks bad that Barry does not have more confidence in his people....

Wait a minute...whaty am I saying? You know what? You could be right....based on the job performance of the some of the other shit he has appointed, Van Jones, etc,... tax cheats,...liars,...... maybe I need to look at this again.
    One thing I learned in my time in uniform, nothing is as easy as it looks. I know that the decision to commit more troops to Afghanistan is a terribly complex one. I am certainly aware that Obama can definitely make a WRONG decision here, but I do NOT think that, by taking some time and postponing his decision for a week or a month, that he has failed in any way

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    So, why are we there? Poppy patrol?
    Same question..and

Afghanistan is unwinnable.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are YOU in the military? Have you ever BEEN in the military?
    Yes I have been.

In my current job I work side by side with Army soldiers that get deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    Yes I have been.

In my current job I work side by side with Army soldiers that get deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan.
    and they ALL feel that the president detests them?

I keep in close contact with many of my former shipmates and classmates still on active duty. Very few of them have such an attitude about our President.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

You know at one point I thought Obama was the man to vote for, then I listened to that nut job Hilliary talking about how her name isn't Hilliary Rodham Clinton if she doesn't have the troops out of Iraq and back home within one month of taking office , well we all know what a whack job she is, but then they played Obama's response, he promised to have them out with in 3 months, but he wasn't bringing them home he was sending them to the REAL war in Afghanistan,I knew then he was as full as shit as Hilliary just not quite as stupid, Well we are still in Iraq so there is #1 lie, but if he couldn't get us out of there and send the soldiers to the REAL war what the hell is the question about sending others to Afghanistan?