Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default My daughter understands religious differences

My daughter went to a sleepover with some other girls at the house of a Muslim couple. She had a very good time, as I understand.
    There was some discussion about Islam and Christianity, so my daughter asked about it. She was told that Allah was just a different name for God.
    When she came home, we had a talk about how God is different things to different people. And how God might have different names, He is still God.
    All problems should be this easy to solve.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Sorry bout that,

1. Ignorance is BLISS.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    "At Times We Cry, At Time We Fly" ~CWN
    "See You Down The Road Man" ~ CWN

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chesswarsnow View Post
    Sorry bout that,

1. Ignorance is BLISS.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    And you single-handedly prove there is no cure for stupid.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    My daughter went to a sleepover with some other girls at the house of a Muslim couple. She had a very good time, as I understand.
    There was some discussion about Islam and Christianity, so my daughter asked about it. She was told that Allah was just a different name for God.
    When she came home, we had a talk about how God is different things to different people. And how God might have different names, He is still God.
    All problems should be this easy to solve.
    That's great Gabby, I try to teach my kids that there is only 1 God and people worship in different ways, but most religions are on the same track

Kids have to understand there are different ways to worship, no one can actually say what is the right or wrong way , IMO

maine, for now.... Merida, Mexico in 2011
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    That's great Gabby, I try to teach my kids that there is only 1 God and people worship in different ways, but most religions are on the same track

Kids have to understand there are different ways to worship, no one can actually say what is the right or wrong way , IMO
    I agree with you 100%

.... is lightning going to strike?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    I agree with you 100%

.... is lightning going to strike?
    LOL, Its streaking threw the sky here in PA, LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wouldn't it be horrible if we showed the kind of intolerance among our various protestant denominations that are shown among various religions around the world? Can you just imagine the Baptists going to war with the Presbyterians and Lutherans, while the Methodists duked it out with Seventh Day Adventists? That is basically what goes on in the Middle East, but this country was founded to escape religious intolerance. That seems to be a hard thing for some people to understand (CWN )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Sorry bout that,

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful HoneyBee View Post
    Wouldn't it be horrible if we showed the kind of intolerance among our various protestant denominations that are shown among various religions around the world? Can you just imagine the Baptists going to war with the Presbyterians and Lutherans, while the Methodists duked it out with Seventh Day Adventists? That is basically what goes on in the Middle East, but this country was founded to escape religious intolerance. That seems to be a hard thing for some people to understand (CWN )

1. I tolerate it well.
    2. But here I tell it plainly.
    3. My stomach turns when I see one, but I don't express it, or direct it at them.
    4. I have no respect for them, this I can tell you straight up.
    5. I won't respect a person headed straight on into hell.
    6. I would be adding to thier destruction.
    7. Which would make me working along side of the devil.
    8. I know what I know, and what islam is is nothing but darkness and evil.
    9. Its a great acomplishment that satan has won so many souls, sad, but its a lot.
    10. I am one man amongst many who are against islam, and amongst other many men whom wink the eye at islam.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful HoneyBee View Post
    Actually nearly every day many of those who believe in those 'religions' are condemning Catholics, saying they aren't Christian. They've somehow misunderstood the Reformation...

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

allah was the Bedouin moon god. The name was used by mohammod because it was familiar. His koran was a composite of christianity, hindu and arab religious beliefs and stories. He took what he liked from each religion. The hadath was his follow up, sort of the amendments to the original writings which was for interpretation. Other hadaths by other leaders followed and are still being written today.

The koran was written as a plan for conquest. The very name islam means to submit. The religion was used to get followers to obey through threats of eternal damnation. Other religions use the same tactics today only not for conquest. It's a practice that has been used for thousands of years.

The koran demands hatred of the Jews. Why? Because mohammod was handed his first major defeat at the hands of a Jewish community. He made sure that all Jews would be condemned throughout history for that. An example of hating all for the actions of a few. And it carries over to this day.

mohammod was a charlatan and a conman. He created a religion for his own personal gain. A religion that has grown because of others who saw the personal gain they could achieve through subjugation and conquest. What really keeps islam in check is the various sects that have formed over the years dividing it. A religion that teaches hate and says allah wants you to be the judge of matters and take action yourself can only lead to turmoil when sects oppose each other. A united islam would be a very dangerous thing to the whole world.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Sorry bout that,

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Actually nearly every day many of those who believe in those 'religions' are condemning Catholics, saying they aren't Christian. They've somehow misunderstood the Reformation...

1. You've said a mouth full.
    2. And I agree.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    My point exactly, but my question is this, we all now these other religions pick on the Catholics, but don't the Catholics do the same to other religions?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post

well, actually there is someone who can say what is the right way and what is the wrong way......and that would be God.....if God has chosen that he wants to be worshiped in the ways of Method A, what is his reaction expected to be towards those who say "No, I want to worship God by Methods B through Z"?.......thus, does it in fact matter which method you use to worship God?.....of course.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Who is to say what the REAL religion is? Every religion prays to a supreme deity that they worship as God. Even the religions themselves are often fractured.
    There are many Muslims in the U.S. who totally disown the radical element of their religion. They compare it to the Westboro Church purporting to represent all Christians.
    I am sure some peaceful Muslims could read this board and wonder why those who claim to worship the Prince of Peace could be so hateful toward their fellow man.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Who is to say what the REAL religion is? Every religion prays to a supreme deity that they worship as God. Even the religions themselves are often fractured.
    There are many Muslims in the U.S. who totally disown the radical element of their religion. They compare it to the Westboro Church purporting to represent all Christians.
    I am sure some peaceful Muslims could read this board and wonder why those who claim to worship the Prince of Peace could be so hateful toward their fellow man.
    Hateful to their fellow man? How is anyone being hateful, by pointing out the teachings and/or history of a religion?

Maybe you think Christians are supposed to keep their mouths shut, or even applaud and approve the many lies we hear every day. You go ahead and ignore and defend those lies. The rest of us will call them out for what they are.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.