Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Default time on my laptop

I have a question, my lap top doesn't keep time right, it will lose 2 hours every now and then, I just re set it and it stays a few weeks and then does it again, I originally thought it was the internal battery but it doesn't do it all the time, It has been happening since the day I bought the lap top, I didn't worry about it cause every thing else worked fine, but I now run a G P S program that gives me a eta, if the time is wrong so is the eta, anybody have any ideas what it could be?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I have a question, my lap top doesn't keep time right, it will lose 2 hours every now and then, I just re set it and it stays a few weeks and then does it again, I originally thought it was the internal battery but it doesn't do it all the time, It has been happening since the day I bought the lap top, I didn't worry about it cause every thing else worked fine, but I now run a G P S program that gives me a eta, if the time is wrong so is the eta, anybody have any ideas what it could be?

Sounds like it's reverting to a different time zone occasionally. My PC used to do the same thing. It doesn't anymore, but I can't remember if it's because I saved timezone in options or if it stopped when I had to reload windows.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Sounds like it's reverting to a different time zone occasionally. My PC used to do the same thing. It doesn't anymore, but I can't remember if it's because I saved timezone in options or if it stopped when I had to reload windows.
    Thanks Missileman but it does it even if I am in one place, and I cross time zones a lot and it doesn't seem to bother it, ooo well for now I will just adjust the time when needed, LOL
    Thanks again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Missileman but it does it even if I am in one place, and I cross time zones a lot and it doesn't seem to bother it, ooo well for now I will just adjust the time when needed, LOL
    Thanks again
    There's a setting that enables your laptop to sync to a master clock when you connect to the internet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    There's a setting that enables your laptop to sync to a master clock when you connect to the internet.
    I will check that out, thank you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how do you know you're not a time traveler?
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There is a simple answer for this, Jeff. You see, you live in Georgia, Georgia is in the South and everyone knows the South is slow, so 2 hrs slow is no big deal really, it's NORMAL.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    There is a simple answer for this, Jeff. You see, you live in Georgia, Georgia is in the South and everyone knows the South is slow, so 2 hrs slow is no big deal really, it's NORMAL.
    LMAO, you may be right, but my GPS can't figure that out, LOL

Yurt sometimes I feel like it, LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

On some computers there is a battery inside just for keeping the clock set. It could be the battery. We just had to replace the one in our Mac.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ