Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    no argument here...the POINT was...his idiotic statement at the beginning of this whole mess was that keeping an eye on Saddam with the squadron of airforce CAP aircraft, the ground forces in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and the Naval Assets in the gulf and arabian sea who were only partially dedicated to Saddam babysitting took up over a quarter of our military and its financing.....

like I said....then my penis is 35 feet long.

It is an idiotic and overblown guesstimate, and when he was called on it, he has done nothing but tap dance ever since.
    I don't dance, jackass, and surely not for the likes of you. If you don't like my guesstimate, tough fucking shit, huh?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't dance, jackass, and surely not for the likes of you. If you don't like my guesstimate, tough fucking shit, huh?
    OK...if you don't tapdance....just explain how you can say:

"Then there's the fact he was tying up at least a quarter of our military and its financing for over a decade with no end in sight."

and then call the following paraphrase by me a deliberate misquote:

Please Gunny.... explain to me how that sentence does not mean that Saddam was tying up over 25% of our military and its budget for over a decade.

The latter is synonymous with the former. Your quesstimate is ridiculous. I called you on it. Rather than say I misquoted you deliberately when I most certainly did NOT...why not just show a modicum of class and say, "you're right, Commander.... I really am not as well versed on this topic as I thought I was."

Don't forget for a moment who started this "steel cage" thread.....

and your big tough move in the "steel cage" to shut us down is: "if you don't like my guesstimate, tough fucking shit, huh?"

That's it?

I would have thought a big tough gunny like you would have pulled out the big guns like:

"I'm rubber, you're glue".... or "my Dad is bigger than you Dad"..... why leave the big clubs in the bag?

Steel cage? fuck that...this is more like a sand box or a play pen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it? Every time we entered the Gulf, we went straight to Kuwait. We sat on the Kuwait-Iraq border while the ARG provided air support for Operation Southern Watch.
    You talk about Ampibious Ready Groups. I talked about Carrier Battle Groups. Apples and Oranges. I happen to have spent two dreadfully long IO deployments with a Carrier Battle Group in the northern Arabian sea and I can tell you that our mission there had a lot more strategic breadth than Iraq.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

OK...if you don't tapdance....just explain how you can say:

"Then there's the fact he was tying up at least a quarter of our military and its financing for over a decade with no end in sight."

and then call the following paraphrase by me a deliberate misquote:

Please Gunny.... explain to me how that sentence does not mean that Saddam was tying up over 25% of our military and its budget for over a decade.

The latter is synonymous with the former. Your quesstimate is ridiculous. I called you on it. Rather than say I misquoted you deliberately when I most certainly did NOT...why not just show a modicum of class and say, "you're right, Commander.... I really am not as well versed on this topic as I thought I was."

Don't forget for a moment who started this "steel cage" thread.....

and your big tough move in the "steel cage" to shut us down is: "if you don't like my guesstimate, tough fucking shit, huh?"

That's it?

I would have thought a big tough gunny like you would have pulled out the big guns like:

"I'm rubber, you're glue".... or "my Dad is bigger than you Dad"..... why leave the big clubs in the bag?

Steel cage? fuck that...this is more like a sand box or a play pen.
    I've explained it numerous times in two different threads. I'm through explaining it. Your purposeful lack of comprehension so you can keep harping on something that is irrelevant is intellectually dishonest.

I wasn't aware I was making "big move," dipshit. All I did was get your whiney-ass ranting contained to one thread in a forum appropriate to whiney-ass ranting.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You talk about Ampibious Ready Groups. I talked about Carrier Battle Groups. Apples and Oranges. I happen to have spent two dreadfully long IO deployments with a Carrier Battle Group in the northern Arabian sea and I can tell you that our mission there had a lot more strategic breadth than Iraq.
    Were you deployed there between 1990 and 2003? Because if you weren't, it doesn't really matter what you were there for within the context of this discussion, does it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've explained it numerous times in two different threads. I'm through explaining it. Your purposeful lack of comprehension so you can keep harping on something that is irrelevant is intellectually dishonest.

I wasn't aware I was making "big move," dipshit. All I did was get your whiney-ass ranting contained to one thread in a forum appropriate to whiney-ass ranting.
    your explanation was - and remains - nonsensical....a tap dance. Your initial statement was that you thought that the effort to contain Saddam had consumed a quarter of our military effort for over a decade.... I paraphrased it and you claimed I was misquoting you deliberately.... you are wrong. What I typed and what you typed are synonymous...and the 25% guesstimate is patently ridiculous.

I understand yours was a guess..... like I guess the length of my cock to be 35 feet. same thing. equally stupid.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Were you deployed there between 1990 and 2003? Because if you weren't, it doesn't really matter what you were there for within the context of this discussion, does it?

who cares whether I was deployed to the persian gulf during those years? Do you think that my knowledge of force structure and strategic mission throughout my career was limited to my own unit? I know what carrier battle groups do and what their purpose is in all theaters.

To dumb it down to a gunny level....do you think that your skill at opening an MRE goes away when you move to another area of operation?

Ask yourself if you would be questioning a marine Lieutenant Colonel about his knowledge of Amphibious Ready Groups.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

your explanation was - and remains - nonsensical....a tap dance. Your initial statement was that you thought that the effort to contain Saddam had consumed a quarter of our military effort for over a decade.... I paraphrased it and you claimed I was misquoting you deliberately.... you are wrong. What I typed and what you typed are synonymous...and the 25% guesstimate is patently ridiculous.

I understand yours was a guess..... like I guess the length of my cock to be 35 feet. same thing. equally stupid.
    ***yawn***

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

who cares whether I was deployed to the persian gulf during those years? Do you think that my knowledge of force structure and strategic mission throughout my career was limited to my own unit? I know what carrier battle groups do and what their purpose is in all theaters.

To dumb it down to a gunny level....do you think that your skill at opening an MRE goes away when you move to another area of operation?

Ask yourself if you would be questioning a marine Lieutenant Colonel about his knowledge of Amphibious Ready Groups.
    Nice try, Lord Admiral Nelson, but no sale. The relevancy to my question is that if you were not in the Arabian Sea between 1990 and 2003, then when you WERE there it would NOT have been for Saddam.

Had nothing to do with your knowledge of force structure, and everything to do with the different purposes for which you were there and I was there.

If and when I didn't agree with Marine LtCol's, I questioned them every time. You may think that shiney shit on your collar makes you something special, but I assure it does not. It is however a really good identifier for target acquisition.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Look...I wouldn't think to tell you how to run a squad of jarheads...please don't presume to tell me what I know or don't know about what carrrier battle groups around the globe are there to do.

and gunny.... I was chewing up E-7s smarter than you when you were still in grade school.

Get your shit together or go try to pick on someone else.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Look...I wouldn't think to tell you how to run a squad of jarheads...please don't presume to tell me what I know or don't know about what carrrier battle groups around the globe are there to do.

and gunny.... I was chewing up E-7s smarter than you when you were still in grade school.

Trying to pull rank on a message board? That's about as desperate as it can get.

You ain't chewed up nothing here, you ain't about to, and you never could, even when I was in gradeschool.

I'll tell you what a carrier battle group is there to do if you're wrong. Each and every time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Most E-7's I knew would make life pretty miserable for an elitist officer. E-7's 8's and 9's are what makes the military work.

And you were chewing them out when Gunny was in grade school? Somehow the time frame seems a little off here.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Most E-7's I knew would make life pretty miserable for an elitist officer. E-7's 8's and 9's are what makes the military work.

And you were chewing them out when Gunny was in grade school? Somehow the time frame seems a little off here.
    1. I wasn't an "elitist officer"
    2. I have been retired (as an O-5) for nearly 15 years now. I assumed that Gunny was in grade school in the 70's. The math is based on that assumption.... adjust accordingly if the age is incorrect (i.e. if he was in high school in the 70's.... replace "grade school" with "high school") got it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trying to pull rank on a message board? That's about as desperate as it can get.

You ain't chewed up nothing here, you ain't about to, and you never could, even when I was in gradeschool.

I'll tell you what a carrier battle group is there to do if you're wrong. Each and every time.
    I am not pulling rank...I am merely stating facts. I know a lot about my service and I am sure you know a lot about yours. I wouldn't pretend to tell you what to do at a beachhead of an amphibious assault. I am sure you would find such uninformed presumptiousness to be insulting. Put the shoe on the other foot and try not to assume that you know more than me about what I did for MY career.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I am not pulling rank...I am merely stating facts. I know a lot about my service and I am sure you know a lot about yours. I wouldn't pretend to tell you what to do at a beachhead of an amphibious assault. I am sure you would find such uninformed presumptiousness to be insulting. Put the shoe on the other foot and try not to assume that you know more than me about what I did for MY career.
    I am not presuming to know more about the Navy than you. I am presuming to know what the ARGs I was assigned to from Desert Shield 90 onward were assigned to do.