Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    What about the Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth?

http://www.ae911truth.org/

Btw i'm not saying i support this group, as i know nothing about them, however a simple serch on google found these guys, and as you trust engineers...
    Look around that site, I mean 'dig', you really are throwing in your lot with truthers?

See I'll go with heavy skepticism, but that type of conspiracy stuff is whacked. It's my take and I'm staying with it. The Popular Mechanics folks are looking for truth, not trying to make it up.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Look around that site, I mean 'dig', you really are throwing in your lot with truthers?

See I'll go with heavy skepticism, but that type of conspiracy stuff is whacked. It's my take and I'm staying with it. The Popular Mechanics folks are looking for truth, not trying to make it up.
    I merely posted them as a retort to your line of "I tend to trust engineers"

Fair play, i don't believe most of the truther stuff either, and i'm also sure there's plenty of it i don't know, however, there's just somthing not right about that building going down the way it went down,
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Double post =/
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    Really? When was the last time you know of steel melting from fire?
    I have yet to see any reasonable person ever state that steel melted in any of the buildings, but the fire was MORE than hot enough to weaken the metals and have the structure collapse. Up to 18 floors of the building one one corner, not shown in Noir's video, was completely GONE before the building dropped. Fires were out of control throughout the entire building. Quite a few firefighters reported the creaking noises and the expensive machinery they use to measure stability shows that the building had moved substantially prior to the collapse (all this is in my debate in the debate forum).

Lastly, hundreds of professionals have now poured over the WTC debris as well as WTC 7 for years, and not ONE SINGLE THING has been recovered to make anyone think this building collapsed from anything other than a tragedy.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I have yet to see any reasonable person ever state that steel melted in any of the buildings, but the fire was MORE than hot enough to weaken the metals and have the structure collapse. Up to 18 floors of the building one one corner, not shown in Noir's video, was completely GONE before the building dropped. Fires were out of control throughout the entire building. Quite a few firefighters reported the creaking noises and the expensive machinery they use to measure stability shows that the building had moved substantially prior to the collapse (all this is in my debate in the debate forum).

Lastly, hundreds of professionals have now poured over the WTC debris as well as WTC 7 for years, and not ONE SINGLE THING has been recovered to make anyone think this building collapsed from anything other than a tragedy.
    Indeed, the steel beign weakened, all the more reason for the building to buckle and fall over, not in ontop if its self, unless all of the steel beams all became weak at exactly the same time,

"Lastly, hundreds of professionals have now poured over the WTC debris as well as WTC 7 for years, and not ONE SINGLE THING has been recovered to make anyone think this building collapsed from anything other than a tragedy."

And there have, i memo watching a show and they were talking about a large concentration of metal particals that were found at the site, a metal that is commonly used in some sort of liquid explosive,
    Last edited by Noir; 10-17-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I should have posted this hours ago, thanks to Chessy. I think from this point on, I'll skip this thread if not dealt with by Jim...

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

What about the Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth?

http://www.ae911truth.org/

Btw i'm not saying i support this group, as i know nothing about them, however a simple serch on google found these guys, and as you trust engineers...
    First off, 90% of those signed on there are a bit kooky and have had many of their claims publicly scrutinized, ripped apart and debunked thoroughly.

Anyhoo - they are not claiming this was an "inside job" but would rather see further investigation as they don't believe the final reports. Not a single person in 8 years has brought forth a shred of evidence to show any bombs on the buildings or on any planes.

This would have taken months, if not years, to fully setup such an operation and would involved hundreds if not thousands to setup. The wiring and explosives would have left trademark evidence - which it did not. Not even a single wire was found to blame any kind of bomb in any of the buildings or any of the planes.

Nothing, nada - zilch. The only "proof" is that a handful don't like the official version. The rest is 100% conspiracy theory without any verifiable proof whatsoever other than opinions.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Indeed, the steel beign weakened, all the more reason for the building to buckle and fall over, not in ontop if its self, unless all of the steel beams all became weak at exactly the same time,
    Do you have any idea how much weight comes down when the top of a building starts falling down and what this does to the floors beneath? That's the "explosions" you saw, not bombs, but rather the force of a buildings interior structure falling and all the air being pushed out the windows.

However implausible or strange you might find the fall, you would need more than just an opinion to sway anyone - say a piece of wire, pieces of an explosive, proof in the steel that explosives were placed - ANYTHING - but unfortunately for the truthers - not a SINGLE piece of physical evidence is on their side - which would have been impossible to move/remove after the collapse - unless you would want to infer that the thousands involved in the followup were somehow involved or asked to keep quiet about the results and search.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

First off, 90% of those signed on there are a bit kooky and have had many of their claims publicly scrutinized, ripped apart and debunked thoroughly.

Anyhoo - they are not claiming this was an "inside job" but would rather see further investigation as they don't believe the final reports. Not a single person in 8 years has brought forth a shred of evidence to show any bombs on the buildings or on any planes.

This would have taken months, if not years, to fully setup such an operation and would involved hundreds if not thousands to setup. The wiring and explosives would have left trademark evidence - which it did not. Not even a single wire was found to blame any kind of bomb in any of the buildings or any of the planes.

Nothing, nada - zilch. The only "proof" is that a handful don't like the official version. The rest is 100% conspiracy theory without any verifiable proof whatsoever other than opinions.
    It seems that there's a fair amount of evidence for thermite...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UFcklJKZnRM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UFcklJKZnRM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Do you have any idea how much weight comes down when the top of a building starts falling down and what this does to the floors beneath? That's the "explosions" you saw, not bombs, but rather the force of a buildings interior structure falling and all the air being pushed out the windows.

However implausible or strange you might find the fall, you would need more than just an opinion to sway anyone - say a piece of wire, pieces of an explosive, proof in the steel that explosives were placed - ANYTHING - but unfortunately for the truthers - not a SINGLE piece of physical evidence is on their side - which would have been impossible to move/remove after the collapse - unless you would want to infer that the thousands involved in the followup were somehow involved or asked to keep quiet about the results and search.
    Indeed tehre is allot of weight, but if you serch on YouTube for failed building Demos you will see that even in very big buildings if one or two colums don't weaken like they should then the building will fall in a vastly unpredictable way, the idea that everyone one of this buildings colums could go in such a way naturally that the building would fall verticaly at free fall speeds is just plain silly.

And yes as noted in the above video, though you will not of seen it before posting, evidence has been found, for a thermite bomb,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It seems that there's a fair amount of evidence for thermite...

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UFcklJKZnRM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>
    Evidence would be "saved" not just made as an opinion. Not a single person out of the thousands that poured over the wreckage or the remains over 8 years has been able to "prove" thermite - which they WOULD be able to prove if it were the case.

Again, I implore you to read the debate I had in the debate forum, and follow the links I provided throughout. The thermite and "molten lava" theories were covered.

The fact that NOTHING has been found over 8 years, for what would be a MAMMOTH undertaking if it were an inside job, tells me all I need to know.

Do you have any clue how many people would need to be involved just to bring down WTC7 alone? Forget all the other buildings and the 3 planes, just this one building alone would have taken an immense amount of manpower and there is really know way of blowing a building without leaving evidence. Out of the millions of pounds of debris that was picked up from all locations, again, not even one strand of wire that can be placed to backup an explosion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Indeed tehre is allot of weight, but if you serch on YouTube for failed building Demos you will see that even in very big buildings if one or two colums don't weaken like they should then the building will fall in a vastly unpredictable way, the idea that everyone one of this buildings colums could go in such a way naturally that the building would fall verticaly at free fall speeds is just plain silly.
    What can you compare this to in order to claim it didn't fall the way it should have? Do you know of any other buildings that have had millions of pounds of debris fall around it and take out 1/5th of the structure, including an entire corner of the building? The steel would eventually buckle, and of course it would do so at it's weakest place - the middle. If an when it gave way, the first to fall through would be the middle of the building, and pull the outside frames with it towards the center.

And yes as noted in the above video, though you will not of seen it before posting, evidence has been found, for a thermite bomb,
    Sorry, that's not evidence. Thermite from the pools of "lava" would be evidence. A man stating what he saw burning was thermite IS NOT evidence. I can just as easily state, as did the investigators, that the flames you saw were from jet fuel burning at a few thousand degrees, likely burning everything it touched, including aluminum and anything else within the interior, and weakening the steel structure all along. Proof of the exisitence of thermite would be proof - why couldn't a single investigator back up the claims of PEOPLE WHO WEREN'T EVEN THERE?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Evidence would be "saved" not just made as an opinion. Not a single person out of the thousands that poured over the wreckage or the remains over 8 years has been able to "prove" thermite - which they WOULD be able to prove if it were the case.

Again, I implore you to read the debate I had in the debate forum, and follow the links I provided throughout. The thermite and "molten lava" theories were covered.

The fact that NOTHING has been found over 8 years, for what would be a MAMMOTH undertaking if it were an inside job, tells me all I need to know.

Do you have any clue how many people would need to be involved just to bring down WTC7 alone? Forget all the other buildings and the 3 planes, just this one building alone would have taken an immense amount of manpower and there is really know way of blowing a building without leaving evidence. Out of the millions of pounds of debris that was picked up from all locations, again, not even one strand of wire that can be placed to backup an explosion.
    I agree, please read, all of it. Then come back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I agree, please read, all of it. Then come back.
    The problem here is this: The truthers have hand picked quite a bit of information that they can toy with, throw out lame arguments that can't be proven either way, and then proclaim it must be the truth since you can't "disprove it".

Such an undertaking would take MILES of wiring, TONS of explosives (and thermite according to the truthers), likely thousands of people (if not in the many hundreds). People not in the knowledge would have been around and would have had to have been avoided so that they weren't aware of what was going on. Openings would have had to have been made in the steel structures to place explosives.

You think this could be done without a single person speaking out - and not a single iota of evidence being found in 8 years?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Noir and other skeptics:

Please read the following debate:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=7661

If you have questions about what I posted, or disagree, or have questions about something not contained in there - then post it here. Just don't want to rehash the same old arguments 1000 times.