Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    Funny that none of them will answer the original question....

Why? Cause they have no answers... what a shock..
    The question was already answered. I can't see any logical reason why a theist would want the company of some random atheist at the hour of their death but if they'd like to be in the company of a holy person then that's their right. And if an atheist is dying, then I suppose there wouldn't be much point in them seeking out the company of a random atheist either would there? The question is silly because the answer is obvious.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    Here's the good news.....

There most definitely is a God.

Now here's the bad news for those who cry out to God in times of trouble (or when they want something).....

God doesn't micromanage the creation. When you're faced with a life-threatening situation, or you're about to lose your job, or your marriage, or your stock portfolio, you're on your own.

So suck it up and take responsibility
    Well... not exactly. King James Edition, Romans 10, "12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Funny that none of them will answer the original question....

Why? Cause they have no answers... what a shock..
    I'll bite.

you ever notice..

When it comes to the idea of "Atheism" that atheists are NEVER saught after in moments of tragedy? they ALWAYS seek out religous leaders / chaplains etc..

I can't recall hearing about ANYTIME someone about to die on death row cried out to the "god of self".... or anyone in serious emotional trauma... or about to die in a plane wreck.. etc...

I'd LOVE to hear from dp's self-professed "godless ones" why that is....
    The question asserts a premise to which no answer applies. Atheists do not always seek out religous leaders / chaplains etc., in momonts of tragedies, therefore there cannot be a reason why they always would.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First a personal reflection. I've only faced death a small number of times. A couple of times I relied on myself to resolve it, the last time I was at the mercy of medical care and came through. I don't recall asking for a god to help me out. When it's come to personal losses I haven't asked for a god to help me either.

Secondly, if someone was brought up as an atheist (I wasn't) then, I'm thinking as an adult, they wouldn't invoke a god in times of personal emergency or distress. I think if someone was brought up believing in a religion then they would quite naturally seek the help of their deity.

Yes, there really are atheists in foxholes, Virginia.
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    The question was already answered. I can't see any logical reason why a theist would want the company of some random atheist at the hour of their death but if they'd like to be in the company of a holy person then that's their right. And if an atheist is dying, then I suppose there wouldn't be much point in them seeking out the company of a random atheist either would there? The question is silly because the answer is obvious.
    i beleive you are speaking in circles. why wouldn't an atheist person still want the company of anothe r when dying, or at times of stress???
    Who else is as much a Bush-basher as I???
    An Italian Confusious Say: "He who throwist mud, losith ground"