Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    Yup... the Freedom to have your phone calls monitored by the NSA without a warrant; the Freedom to have your mail searched; the freedom to have your google records turned over to government; the Freedom to.....
    Here we go again. Considering you're supposed to be somewhat knowledgeable on the law and legal issues, you might try some intellectual honesty before making sensational, emotional statements like that.

1) The NSA wiretaps have not been shown to be illegal. Period.
    2) Please cite an instance where your mail was sent via the USPS and intercepted and opened in violation of US codes. I cannot recall such an instance yet, but maybe I missed something.
    3) Google is a private entity, a corporate entity which has every right to gather information and redistribute it in any fashion they choose. Claiming that data warehousing and on-line analytic processing is in invasion of your freedoms is naive at best, and flat-out ignorant at worst. My suggestion, educate yourself on the topic before whining about it.
    4) Nothing like leaving an open ellipsis to heighten the sensationalism of your statement. So far everything you mentioned in this post was either blatantly wrong, or... well, it's all blatantly wrong.

Some days you show promise of intelligence and logical reasoning. Then there are days that you post stuff like this....
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CockySOB View Post
    Here we go again. Considering you're supposed to be somewhat knowledgeable on the law and legal issues, you might try some intellectual honesty before making sensational, emotional statements like that.

1) The NSA wiretaps have not been shown to be illegal. Period.
    2) Please cite an instance where your mail was sent via the USPS and intercepted and opened in violation of US codes. I cannot recall such an instance yet, but maybe I missed something.
    3) Google is a private entity, a corporate entity which has every right to gather information and redistribute it in any fashion they choose. Claiming that data warehousing and on-line analytic processing is in invasion of your freedoms is naive at best, and flat-out ignorant at worst. My suggestion, educate yourself on the topic before whining about it.
    4) Nothing like leaving an open ellipsis to heighten the sensationalism of your statement. So far everything you mentioned in this post was either blatantly wrong, or... well, it's all blatantly wrong.

Some days you show promise of intelligence and logical reasoning. Then there are days that you post stuff like this....

Do let me know when you can manage to post without being an insulting jerk. Then maybe we'll have a discussion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do let me know when you can manage to post without being an insulting jerk. Then maybe we'll have a discussion.
    I'm betting you'll be waiting a long time...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    I'm betting you'll be waiting a long time...
    Hmmmmmmmm.... yep. True enough.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do let me know when you actually can support your statements with anything closely resembling fact, will you. Then (and only then) will your post be acknowledged as anything more than partisan blather and balderdash.

Here's the deal, if you can substantively support your claims, I'll lay out one of the most eloquent apologies you have ever seen. I feel secure making this offer because I am equally certain that you lack any evidence to support your tin-foil-hatter claims.

BTW, here's something to help refute your bullshit.
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/....ap/index.html
    The title of the article is "Secret court to monitor domestic spying program" which effectively supports my statement that your first point about NSA wiretaps is pure bullshit. It is legal. And it is now going to have the additional "benefit" of Congressional oversight via the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Care to step up to the plate? Or are you simply a partisan dilettante around here and incapable of intelligent discussion or debate? (Why does this feel like a rhetorical question to me? hmmm....)

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BTW, ever notice how liberals, when confronted with solid evidence which contradicts their mantra-de-jour, fall back on ad hominem attacks rather than to address the issues?

Hell, in retrospect, I don't see anything really insulting about my post to Jillian, except for the fact I called her on her bullshit. But then, most liberals don't like having fact flung in their faces.