Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Now we know, our troops in Afgahnistan aren't worth the extra $$$

Gosh, I guess when it comes to social programs no expense is too great but when it comes to our military we really have to scrutinize the spending. Obama has to decide if its worth the money to send more troops to Afghanistan before he will decide on granting McChrystals request for more troops.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=9039241
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I say Bring em home and the hell with it.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post
    I say Bring em home and the hell with it.
    It's a shame, but I agree with you. Soldiers are trained for a reason, and if you aren't going to give them the tools and men necessary to do their jobs, bring 'em home. History might show this as a "loss" or a retreat down the road, but the worlds most powerful military is only being held back by their own CIC.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    It's a shame, but I agree with you. Soldiers are trained for a reason, and if you aren't going to give them the tools and men necessary to do their jobs, bring 'em home. History might show this as a "loss" or a retreat down the road, but the worlds most powerful military is only being held back by their own CIC.
    I agree, give them what they need and let them win or pull them out. No more games.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ