Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I think the problems created by feminism are expressed best in a scene from T3. Late in the movie, John Conner and Catherine Bruster are running down a hallway, and are in the possession of a few firearms. They get floored by an explosion, then see an ultra-maneuverable jet fly up an point towards them. There's an AK-47 right there. The two look at each other with looks that say, "Hey John, are you gonna DO anything?" and, "I can't. I'm scared." At that moment, the girl picks up the AK and unloads into the thing. Now, I'm as turned on as any other guy by a hot woman who knows how to handle fully automatic firearms, but guys are supposed to be raised to, if nothing else, jump in front of the bullet to save the woman, not sit on the ground whimpering while the woman saves you. In a society where the men refuse to be men, the women must be men, and women...SUCK at being men, no matter how hard or sincerely they try.
    OMG!!!! I can't rep you again! But that is EXACTLY it! That's why the feminist movement, at its present stage, is such a huge disastrous lie. It tells women they can be the woman AND the man, and leaves men with no position at all.

There is a line of authority in a family. It starts with God, if you choose to believe in Him, then Jesus under God, then the Man, his Wife, then the children. Even if someone doesn't follow God, the human rule still applies. The man is the Head of his family. When the woman tries to be the head, or is FORCED to be the head, it's highly unsatisfactory, for everyone. People higher in the chain have the RESPONSIBILTY of protecting those lower on the chain. In turn, whoever is lower on the chain has the responsibility to SUBMIT to and SUPPORT those higher on the chain. It's for their own benefit. When women try to take charge, at least in a family, they are upsetting the natural order of things. It's stupid of them, because it doubles their burden; they must assume the responsiblities of both the woman and the man (which is impossible to begin with), kicks the man out of his place, leaving him with no position and no purpose. So you have an overworked woman, a downtrodden man, and the kids are left to with no discipline and no respect. This is how feminism in its present incarnation is the destruction of the family unit.
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuc View Post
    Yep feminism started because women wanted to be men, but the end result is the men became women.
    Men didn't become women. Like Hobbit said, women SUCK at being men, but men also SUCK at being women. Women have tried to take over, but men just are NOT as good at supporting, helping, intuitively understanding, and bringing people together in cooperation. There is something in every man I have ever known... even if they are placed in a subordinate position, they still have that DESIRE or urge to lead. They don't take the woman's place, if the woman takes theirs; instead, they become emasculated, dejected, dehumanized.
    Last edited by Nienna; 04-19-2007 at 04:44 AM.
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
    Women have tried to take over, but men just are NOT as good at supporting, helping, intuitively understanding, and bringing people together in cooperation. There is something in every man I have ever known... even if they are placed in a subordinate position, they still have that DESIRE or urge to lead. They don't take the woman's place, if the woman takes theirs; instead, they become emasculated, dejected, dehumanized.
    Wow what sexist viewpoints you have. No wonder it took so much fighting by the feminist movement to even get woman equal rights to men.

So men desire to dominate woman and woman should allow it and do all they can to protect the fragile male ego to keep from emasculating him no matter what her goals are, career or otherwise. Woman can lead, especially in the workplace today. If a man can't stand a strong woman that their problem not hers. Every individual has the right to strive to be what that want to be no matter the societies prejudices.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Wow what sexist viewpoints you have. No wonder it took so much fighting by the feminist movement to even get woman equal rights to men.

So men desire to dominate woman and woman should allow it and do all they can to protect the fragile male ego to keep from emasculating him no matter what her goals are, career or otherwise. Woman can lead, especially in the workplace today. If a man can't stand a strong woman that their problem not hers. Every individual has the right to strive to be what that want to be no matter the societies prejudices.
    You misunderstand the difference between dominate and respect. Respect is a two way street.

Would you rather have a man who always differs to you? If so how does that make you any different from a chauvinistic male!!

Just because a man stands up for what he believes in and "takes care of his family" and "provideds for his family" does not mean he doesnt repect and listen to his wife. What you fail to realize is that the old saying of "BEHIND EVERY GREAT MAN IS A GREAT WOMAN" This statemen couldnt be any more true, but hey you and your lesbian lifestyle will never understand that will you!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And what a complete lack of comprehension and ability to read you have...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nukeman, why should the woman have to be behind the man. It should be every persons personal choice regardless of gender.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Nukeman, why should the woman have to be behind the man. It should be every persons personal choice regardless of gender.

You are defensive because you are afraid of the Truth. You are afraid of the truth because it'd force you to re-evaluate yourself. You don't want to re-evaluate yourself because your sense of Ego has been artificially inflated to the point where you think you should never have to change your point of view, your behaviour, or ANYTHING you don't "WANT" to change. Changing would mean a SEVERE BLOW to that Ego.

There is ABSOLUTELY absolute truth. Your version of truth, if not accurate is 'falsehood'. You and those around you who tell you anything different than what Hobbit and Nienna are saying in this thread are doing you a DIS-service; they are lying to you, probably out of ignorance. But mostly out of fear and hatred of Truth.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It creates the same kinds of problems as turning, say, a lion into a vegetarian. Over the millenia of human existance, males have adapted to the roles of leadership, warfare, and intensive manual labor. Women have adapted to the roles of nurturing, child-rearing, and raising a family. I have never seen a couple with a dominant woman and a submissive man where both of them were not somehow miserable. Even looking to ancient Biblical ideas of the role of man and woman, where the woman is told to be submissive, the man is still told to love and respect his wife. It's not an unequal relationship. It's just not a relationship with interchangable roles where both are the same. Different does not always mean unequal.

Now, while I'm sure there are notable exceptions to a woman's ability to completely take charge, I think it's quite telling that the first woman speaker of the house is a petty bully, as is the one who aspires to be the first woman president.

Now, this is a free country and it should be every woman's (or man's) choice. However, I think this society would be better off if men stopped abandoning their women and women stopped trying to dominate their men.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

It creates the same kinds of problems as turning, say, a lion into a vegetarian. Over the millenia of human existance, males have adapted to the roles of leadership, warfare, and intensive manual labor. Women have adapted to the roles of nurturing, child-rearing, and raising a family. I have never seen a couple with a dominant woman and a submissive man where both of them were not somehow miserable. Even looking to ancient Biblical ideas of the role of man and woman, where the woman is told to be submissive, the man is still told to love and respect his wife. It's not an unequal relationship. It's just not a relationship with interchangable roles where both are the same. Different does not always mean unequal.

Now, while I'm sure there are notable exceptions to a woman's ability to completely take charge, I think it's quite telling that the first woman speaker of the house is a petty bully, as is the one who aspires to be the first woman president.

Now, this is a free country and it should be every woman's (or man's) choice. However, I think this society would be better off if men stopped abandoning their women and women stopped trying to dominate their men.

You must spread some rep before giving it to hobbit again.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I never said the woman has to be "behind" the man I feel the woman and man should be beside one another. This being said in times of conflict, for lack of a better term, I would be "IN FRONT" of my wife and children. I am there to protect them at all cost to myself. This is self sacrifice for the others I love. What better way could you show how strongly you feel for your family if not by putting yourself in harms way and by providing for them daily..

If you prefer someone who will always hide in your shadow more power to you..

Men in this country are being percieved as slacker do nothings and also very cowardly to others in the world. Do you really want the rest of the world to think that the men of the US are weak and cowardly??? I can think of nothing that would bring about the ruin of this country faster than for the rest of the world to percieve us as weak..

When push comes to shove who would you rather have fight for you your "girlfriend" or a man who can fight off other men..????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Hobbit, you may be on to something there...

One notable exception is Condy Rice. I never get that bully (and in the case of sHrillery, foul-mouthed), vibe from her. To date, she has no interest in being Pres.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Different does not always mean unequal.
    And unequal doesn't mean one is better than the other. Men and women are NOT equal, but it doesn't mean one is better than the other.

Personally, I'd argue women are "better" than men.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    And unequal doesn't mean one is better than the other. Men and women are NOT equal, but it doesn't mean one is better than the other.

Personally, I'd argue women are "better" than men.
    TRAITOR!

But then without em we wouldn't have birthday cakes or holiday decorations or tons of other stuff, not to mention something nice to snuggle with.

No guys, the dog stinks!
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not really, the role of woman and men is a cultural thing, different in different places. Some places woman do all the work manual labor included but are not the leaders, in others the females play a dominant role, take on mutable husbands ect.

Just because in cultures like ours based on Christianity & Islam that has woman submissive doesn’t mean they are like that everywhere or expected to be in every culture or that it's better. Woman having equal rights and responsiblities in our society has greatly improved our society.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    IMen in this country are being percieved as slacker do nothings and also very cowardly to others in the world. Do you really want the rest of the world to think that the men of the US are weak and cowardly??? I can think of nothing that would bring about the ruin of this country faster than for the rest of the world to percieve us as weak...
    Only by the muslim world/ME are we being considered so but then in their culture woman are not expected or allowed to carry a gun and be hands on in war.

When push comes to shove who would you rather have fight for you your "girlfriend" or a man who can fight off other men????
    Depends, modern weapons have really evened things out. If my girlfriend had a gun and a man didn't and I had to choose one to protect me I'd choose the girl because she now would be more able. If it was a fist fight and my girl couldn't fight I'd choose the guy for size. If a knife fight and my girl was fast and good with a knife but the guy looked slow and easy, the girl again.