Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Just because in cultures like ours based on Christianity & Islam that has woman submissive doesn’t mean they are like that everywhere or expected to be in every culture or that it's better. Woman having equal rights and responsiblities in our society has greatly improved our society.
    Can you name me one region of the world that has progressed so far so fast as westernized culture has where women play the "dominate" role?

Also... (as in typical liberal fashion) you're confusing rights equality and roles...

My wife is my equal partner in the eyes of God that doesn't mean she has the dominate role, however - that is a responsibility I've been charged with.

Roles do not deteremine equality.. Do not sports teams have different roles for each player? Is somehow the Center on a Basketball team greater than the forwards or guards? Are they not all equal team mates? Is the coach - because he's the LEADER - make him better than the people on the team? Are not the two (coach and player) completely dependant on each other?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Not really, the role of woman and men is a cultural thing, different in different places.
    Naw - it's a fundamental Biological/spiritual/psychological difference, regardless of culture.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It also changes throughout history as well as culture. Gender roles are defined by your society. Men and woman can equally lead depending on personality. Some men can't, some men can, some woman can't, some woman can.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

It also changes throughout history as well as culture. Gender roles are defined by your society. Men and woman can equally lead depending on personality. Some men can't, some men can, some woman can't, some woman can.

You are still wrong. We're not talking about specific ones or twos...we're talking about entire genders.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tWe are talking entire genders and gender roles. It is more socially aceptable for woman to lead, work, and study now and they are and proving succesfull at it in many cases. Then there's people for whatever reason want to turn back the clock when society was totally male dominated for whatever reason.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

tWe are talking entire genders and gender roles. It is more socially aceptable for woman to lead, work, and study now and they are and proving succesfull at it in many cases. Then there's people for whatever reason want to turn back the clock when society was totally male dominated for whatever reason.
    I surely do not want to turn back the clock. I was able to get a law degree, and had job opportunities, and I want my daughter to have the same if she chooses. Anyone who wants to should have the right to purse what they are qualified to do.

However, when society bends the rules to ensure that everyone can do everything, I disagree. Such as lowering the number of lbs. a female firefighter must carry on her back, so women can pass the test. Make the test what it should be to be the safest and most efficient way of fighting fires, and then do not deviate.

Having had much more experience than you at 17, I can also tell you that many, many women find that after they have a child, they find it extremely hard to leave that child in someone else's hands, and often they just retire. The office's allure is gone. How do you explain that phenomenon? Is it cultural or biological?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

This has NOTHING to do with social acceptability. It has EVERYTHING to do with "How we, as humans, are CREATED to be." It has EVERYTHING to do with "Just the way things are - so instead of trying to COMBINE the genders and their strengths, let's CELEBRATE DIVERSITY by thanking GOD for having the wisdom to make us DIFFERENT"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We are different I agree but if a woman can meet the same standards as a man for a job or task societal constricts should not keep them from doing it. Saying men are good leaders and woman leading emasculates them is stupid. If she's a better leader that's their problem not hers but men in society don’t always see that. That is what I'm saying DMP.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I can also tell you that many, many women find that after they have a child, they find it extremely hard to leave that child in someone else's hands, and often they just retire. The office's allure is gone. How do you explain that phenomenon? Is it cultural or biological?
    Many but not all and I'm sure biology plays a part. I know a lot of woman who work to get away from their kids 24/7 and out in the real world. They could go on welfare, would actually make more money on it but don't and that's basicaly the reason.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Many but not all and I'm sure biology plays a part. I know a lot of woman who work to get away from their kids 24/7 and out in the real world. They could go on welfare, would actually make more money on it but don't and that's basicaly the reason.
    Why did they have kids?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

We are different I agree but if a woman can meet the same standards as a man for a job or task societal constricts should not keep them from doing it. Saying men are good leaders and woman leading emasculates them is stupid. If she's a better leader that's their problem not hers but men in society don’t always see that. That is what I'm saying DMP.

When a wife, for example, Lords over a husband she breaks his will/spirit, AND destroys the best parts of what make her a woman in the first place. that's the point, young padme.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

because they did, not like it was planned. You may have sex but not want kids, sometimes it'll work, sometimes not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are very confused about gender roles and allowing opportunities. Gender roles have to do SPECIFICALLY with a man and a woman in their relationship. I don't think anyone is claiming that women should not be allowed to vote, hold management positions, etc. But, men and women are DIFFERENT, have different emotional needs that cannot be met in a unisex society.
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    When a wife, for example, Lords over a husband she breaks his will/spirit, AND destroys the best parts of what make her a woman in the first place. that's the point, young padme.
    Also the guys problem, shouldn't have married someone if he couldn't handle who they were. When a man lords over a woman who is not submissive it will destroy her spirit. Same difference.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Out in the REAL world? HOLY Crap - that's exactly the problem! Society says having a CAREER is more important - more REAL - than raising a healthy FAMILY. I swear, Women's Lib is straight from the pits of hell. That lame-ass argument that raising children is anything LESS than the most honorable profession...Of course, devaluing Children, and their raising WOULD make it easier to kill them before birth - but I digress..