Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Yes

If you 'are' serious I think the relevant authorities need to be made aware of you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
    If you 'are' serious I think the relevant authorities need to be made aware of you.
    Why? Because I would stand up in the face of a tyrannical government that wishes to take away from me my last line of defense against them? Because I would protect my God-given, Constitution right to keep and bear arms with deadly force if it became necessary? My ancestor signed a document that ended up costing him nearly everything he had, and he did it knowing that it could full well lead to his execution, but he signed it anyway. He signed it because he believed that his life was less important than the liberty of his people. He signed it because he felt that tyranny was worth fighting against. He signed it because he believed that every man born on this Earth is entitled to certain inalienable rights, and that his government had forgotten those rights and was not likely to remember through a few kind words, or even harsh ones. He gave up his fortune, his land, and his happiness so that I could live free, and I will not hand the birthright he fought and bled for because some bureaucrat would rather have an unarmed populace. I would glady die a slow and painful death to protect the liberties of the citizens of this country, and pray that I will never have to.

Trust me, the thought does not make me happy, but if the government plunges towards tyranny, I will do whatever is required of me to overthrow that government.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Why? Because I would stand up in the face of a tyrannical government that wishes to take away from me my last line of defense against them? Because I would protect my God-given, Constitution right to keep and bear arms with deadly force if it became necessary? My ancestor signed a document that ended up costing him nearly everything he had, and he did it knowing that it could full well lead to his execution, but he signed it anyway. He signed it because he believed that his life was less important than the liberty of his people. He signed it because he felt that tyranny was worth fighting against. He signed it because he believed that every man born on this Earth is entitled to certain inalienable rights, and that his government had forgotten those rights and was not likely to remember through a few kind words, or even harsh ones. He gave up his fortune, his land, and his happiness so that I could live free, and I will not hand the birthright he fought and bled for because some bureaucrat would rather have an unarmed populace. I would glady die a slow and painful death to protect the liberties of the citizens of this country, and pray that I will never have to.

Trust me, the thought does not make me happy, but if the government plunges towards tyranny, I will do whatever is required of me to overthrow that government.
    You do realise that your government is and will be a democratically elected government with a mandate? I assume any new laws have to go through a rather long and drawn out convoluted process before they can be passed and written into the statute? If and when any such new laws are passed, you as an American citizen have to abide by them.Treason still carries the death penalty does it not? Conspiracy is punishable with hefty jail time too methinks.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and tell myself yours is a kneejerk reaction to a subject you feel most strongly about, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You do realise that your government is and will be a democratically elected government with a mandate? I assume any new laws have to go through a rather long and drawn out convoluted process before they can be passed and written into the statute? If and when any such new laws are passed, you as an American citizen have to abide by them.Treason still carries the death penalty does it not? Conspiracy is punishable with hefty jail time too methinks.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and tell myself yours is a kneejerk reaction to a subject you feel most strongly about, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about..
    Passing a law that directly violates the Constitution is treason. Is failure to comply with a treasonous order treason? I call it patriotism.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    What if the government decides to take away your gun rights? Will you like the protest against that?
    No... ill just take out my knives.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    No... ill just take out my knives.
    I'll just take out my cars, that will be filled with baseball bats....
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK, would you like protests if the government raised taxes?

How about if they called a draft and your son or your brother was called up?

What if the government decided your neighborhood is an eminant domain target?

Would you join a protest if your pet dog was being killed by the police to stop some disease from spreading? This happened in China recently. 50,000 pet dogs killed because 3 people died of rabies.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14139027/

Would you protest against any of these things?
    They raise taxes all the time, we don't go out in the streets and protest. we just vote them out of office.

Why would I protest a family member doing his duty?

The government has a right to use eminent domain in the Constitution. Protesting isnt going to change that, but a good lawyer can probably find some good holes in the governments attempt, especially if they plan to give the land to another private entity.

Why protest when you can sue?

There are far more productive actions that can take place then creating a mob.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You'd be killed or facing federal prison then.
    Give me liberty, or give me death.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Give me liberty, or give me death.
    Amen..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
    It was true 200 years ago, and its true today.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I finally figured out why I dont like protesting. I thought it was just because i didnt see much getting done through it, but there is more to it. I dont like protesting because its not uplifting. its not edifying. There is nothing inspiring about it. Its just an angry mob getting together and trying to intimidate someone.
    Yeah you're right, protest is stupid. Take for example the Boston Tea Party. We would have been much better without that. Tiananmen Square? Waste of energy. Should have just let the Chinese government continue as it was. Jesus attacking the money changers in the temple? Just a troublemaker causing problems. He should have minded his own business.

Yep, protest is stupid. The status quo is always better.
    Pork, good for you, bad for Muslims and Jews.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

While you're at it, make them aware of me, and millions of others as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That would be a stupid thing to do atleast in the begining. It's always better to go through the legal processes first. Keep your guns inside and vote out those who banned them or fight in the SC to repeal the law. Anarchy wont solve anything and might just lead to worse things then a democratic government banning guns.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    While you're at it, make them aware of me, and millions of others as well.
    So anyone with a grievance and a gun eh? I wonder if one or two dead presidents see it that way.This argument is absurd.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

What if the government decides to take away your gun rights? Will you like the protest against that?
    Sure I would. But I wouldn't hang out in the street, obstructing traffic, waving my fist in the air and shouting at a building.

Every member in Congress would receive an e-mail from me. I would sign each and every petition being sent to Congress on the behalf of gun ownership rights, and maybe even create one of my own. I would ensure every local and state representative who wished to have my continued support knew where I expected them to stand on the issue.

There's a right way and a wrong way to do everything.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke