Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful HoneyBee View Post
    Such an assumption is asinine and immature. What creates slums is sorry, worthless property owners who refuse to take care of their property and allow it to fall into decay. Revolting against unreasonable rules and regulations isn't the same thing as perpetuating neglect.

In fact, ridiculous HOA's can be compared to our increasingly oppressive government, one that I see by your posts that you wholeheartedly embrace - therefore, I would be inclined to say that you are most likely the one who promotes the creation of slums, because that's where this overtly massive and profoundly regulatory government intends to lead us all.

I only wish to offer the trolls some food for thought.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

My husband and I have two acres in the "unincorporated" area of our county. We have a 40' flagpole in our yard that can be seen from over two miles away because it sits up on a ridge. We fly a flag day and night (and, yes, it is lit at night). If we should become part of a HOA you can bet your bottom dollar I would fight anyone who said to remove it. My husband may not be a Medar of Honor recipient, but he has over 30 years of active duty service and deserves to fly the flag of the country that he has given that many years of selfless service.

We also have a condo in another city that is part of an HOA - and we cannot wash our cars or leave our garage doors open unless we are going in and out of the garage. And yes, we cannot plant any plants or flowers in our front yard.....all of that is done by the HOA.

I read a book a few years back called The Association - it was a Stephen King kind of creepy book about an HOA..........written by Bentley Little..........highly recommended for HOA haters.

As for Mr. Barfoot - the association needs to pick it's battles......now is not the time to be going to war with a Medal of Honor recipient, especially with the power of the internet. If the names of the board members should be made public they may experience a backlash worse than being sued.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    He said he led a revolt, took-over the association and controls the board. That implies he doesn't want to submit to restrictions on property ownership. That's what creates slums.
    How many times can you be totally wrong Joe? I mean truthfully does it ever bother you that so many of your opinions can be shot through with so many holes. I mean come on even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Lack of ownership is what creates slums. People who have no vested interested in their dwellings are the ones who do not go out of their way to fix the problems that arise.

While there will always be homeowners who do not take care of their property, for the most part a majority of homeowners will, because they want to see a return on their investment.

You will not that most of the slums we have seen have always been in the big cities in government owned housing complexes. Hmmm let's see, government owned meaning not private, meaning no vested interested, and the result slums!!!!!

Wow once again we see that the truth is the exact opposite of what you preach Joe.

dmk
    Conservatism, I repeat is not an ideology. It does not breed fanatics....But if you want men who seek, reasonably and prudently, to reconcile the best in wisdom of our ancestors with the change which is essential to a vigorous civil social existence, then you will do well to turn to conservative principles-Russell Kirk-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sgtdmski View Post
    How many times can you be totally wrong Joe? I mean truthfully does it ever bother you that so many of your opinions can be shot through with so many holes. I mean come on even a broken watch is right twice a day.
    If I'm ever wrong, it will be the first time.

Lack of ownership is what creates slums. People who have no vested interested in their dwellings are the ones who do not go out of their way to fix the problems that arise.

While there will always be homeowners who do not take care of their property, for the most part a majority of homeowners will, because they want to see a return on their investment.
    That's nonsense. Many owners just don't care about the appearance of their property. Others have different ideas about attractiveness. Would you want to live next to someone who painted his house in satanic symbols? What do you think that would do to your "vested interest" in you property?

You will not that most of the slums we have seen have always been in the big cities in government owned housing complexes.
    That's nonsense. Slums quite often comprise privately-owned buildings.
    Building a better America by hammering the Right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful HoneyBee View Post
    This association just needs to gracefully withdraw their demand and start looking for a way to make up for the inconvenience they have put this man through. He is a true American patriot and they have shown themselves to be pathetic.
    The Association should crush this guy like a bug. He has no right to make his own rules.
    Building a better America by hammering the Right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

The Association should crush this guy like a bug. He has no right to make his own rules.
    Joe it must suck being you, I imagine you have been crushed like a bug all your life, that's why you sit on a internet message board spewing hate, The old man fought for the Flag and know can't fly it, are you really that dense ? or are you just a asshole ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Joe it must suck being you, I imagine you have been crushed like a bug all your life, that's why you sit on a internet message board spewing hate, The old man fought for the Flag and know can't fly it, are you really that dense ? or are you just a asshole ?

he's an asshole. period

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post

he's an asshole. period
    LOL, ya have a point there

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Joe Steel, it is terribly sad that you have no apparent comprehension of how to choose battles appropriately. Most reasonable people feel this way:

This even applies to our retired troops. Remember, thanks to this man and others like him, you live in a free country. However, thanks to people who think like you, we are losing freedom at an alarming rate.

It is the willingness to blindly submit - whether it be to the unreasonable demands of a HOA, local government, or federal government, or even church leaders - that strips each individual of creativity, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and everything else that is American. If you cannot see a correlation that's too bad, because blind and willful submission is the basis by which you give away pieces of your very essence.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When a 90 year old war hero erects his pole in celebration and joy waving the flag, he should be encouraged, not hassled. I admire him, especially since enjoying life in this way isn't easy for most 90 year-olds. I'm so moved by him that I for one would do anything for him, anything at all. After doing so much for the country, he deserves pleasure in his final years, the pleasure of seeing the stars and stripes fly!

I wonder if it's possible for me to meet and thank him in person. He's a true patriot and is a big, big part of what has made this country great.
    With me men all over the world want to $#*&#$ me and then Q@#^&$Q me and then I do *^#&@(*W$&^ with them and they then get wild and %^&#$%$!%# and #!#$ and ^$##$%$.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    When a 90 year old war hero erects his pole...
    I don't want to know anything about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When a 90 year old war hero erects his pole in celebration and joy waving the flag, he should be encouraged, not hassled. I admire him, especially since enjoying life in this way isn't easy for most 90 year-olds. I'm so moved by him that I for one would do anything for him, anything at all. After doing so much for the country, he deserves pleasure in his final years, the pleasure of seeing the stars and stripes fly!

I wonder if it's possible for me to meet and thank him in person. He's a true patriot and is a big, big part of what has made this country great.
    Indeed I for one think all women should stand at attention when he raises his flag for a salute. It's a shame that someone with such a strong hard sounding name like Joe Steele wants to deflate this hero's flagpole I'm sensing joe steele has rank envy from such a decorated soldier.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    Indeed I for one think all women should stand at attention when he raises his flag for a salute. It's a shame that someone with such a strong hard sounding name like Joe Steele wants to deflate this hero's flagpole I'm sensing joe steele has rank envy from such a decorated soldier.
    I agree, chloe. I can't believe the home owner's association is so uptight over a pole. They could learn a thing or two from this elderly gent if they would just accept his pole. Do they think poles are ugly and clutter up the neighborhood or something? Poles are beautiful and can be enjoyed by everyone in the neighborhood. They ought to thank him in each and every way they can for his service to the country and stand and salute him.
    With me men all over the world want to $#*&#$ me and then Q@#^&$Q me and then I do *^#&@(*W$&^ with them and they then get wild and %^&#$%$!%# and #!#$ and ^$##$%$.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree, chloe. I can't believe the home owner's association is so uptight over a pole. They could learn a thing or two from this elderly gent if they would just accept his pole. Do they think poles are ugly and clutter up the neighborhood or something? Poles are beautiful and can be enjoyed by everyone in the neighborhood. They ought to thank him in each and every way they can for his service to the country and stand and salute him.
    maybe if some of the home owners tried their flags on a pole they would understand why just hanging a flag off some mount just doesn't have the full effect of patriotism. Homeowners Association should be more accepting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think an allowance can be made for a WWII honor medal winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.