Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

and good news, he gets to keep it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...120904393.html

War hero wins battle over flagpole
    By Christian Davenport
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Thursday, December 10, 2009

...By the time the flagpole battle ended this week, after threats of litigation, accusations of anti-Americanism and indignation that spilled far beyond the development's boundaries to become fodder for a nation of talking heads and blogging pundits, even Virginia Gov. Timothy M. Kaine (D) and the Obama administration had chimed in.

In the end, it took the combined forces of the American Legion, members of Congress, untold numbers of sympathetic veterans and the spokesman for the leader of the free world to persuade the homeowners association to back off its threat to sue a war hero. Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) finally brokered a deal that will allow Barfoot to keep his flagpole....

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    I'll bet you neighborhood is well on its way to becoming a slum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    He said he led a revolt, took-over the association and controls the board. That implies he doesn't want to submit to restrictions on property ownership. That's what creates slums.
    My apologies! I just noticed that, "Little Joe Stupid" was trying to participate in the adults conversation again.

In my HOA, the good doctor who had everyone scared of him because he is big, loud and quite the spin-meister was not making any repairs, was not paying the bills and was treating the other property owners as though he was their LORD!

He was making up new rules as he desired and forcing them upon the other residents. He was not paying his HOA dues and still doesn't.

He had all the women in complex completely stressed out worrying about if bills were paid, why things remained broken, and if he was stealing all the money (which made no sense, since he wasn't even depositing the checks).

He allowed the homeowners insurance to lapse at least twice, the city came out to turn off the water to complex because he hadn't paid the water bill in 5 months. He was hiding the books from everyone, doing favors for those who sided with him to keep him in power and billing the HOA for anything he did around here.

He would delay getting paperwork to the escrow companies when people would buy homes for some unknown reason, some suspect he was getting paid to do it by the realtors so escrow could close.

Any emergency repairs that were made, were done by his friends and the bills were about 3-4 times more than any other contractor would have charged.

Now that I have taken over, all the bills are paid on time (except the ones that he still hides from me), repairs are being made as we get quotes from contractors & we can afford them. My neighbors and friends are all relaxed now, no longer stressed about the living conditions here. The 2 older women (who are widows) don't walk around scared any more. The HOA CC&R's (Bylaws, Rules and Declarations) are followed the best of the ability of the Board of Directors and the good doctor is about to have a lien put on his property since he won't pay his dues. All the owners now have a voice in what happens in our little community. Everything is done above board and all the records are every Association meeting for all to review as they desire.

One other little thing that has happened since I moved in, there had been an ongoing war with the Car Wash next door for 10 years that had everyone upset. I went to the city and asked for their help in resolving the matter, we just concluded mediation with the owners of the Car Wash this week and we got everything we asked for.

So in conclusion, Little Joe Stupid, you have no idea what you're talking about as usual.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    You all realize that joe is a fat kid that lives in his mothers basement and eats pizza and candy bars, right? His goal in life is to be a gulag commander. And he actually imagines that he wins arguments here on this board.

Excellent description of slow Joe's life